IGNORED

A new journalistic low for the Bristol Evening Post

Wolf Island

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Unlike the OP calling it the Bristol Evening Post - hasn't been that for years and years...

Who gives a ****? The OP isn't being paid for what he's writing. They are.

4 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

To copy the kind of shite they call news these days

Five things we've learned this week about the Bristol Post

Most articles are copied directly from social media

Most articles aren't even related to Bristol 

It's clickbait of the worst kind 

Full of shit adverts 

They have to GIVE IT AWAY to get people to read it 

But at least it's NOT The Sun  

Are you suggesting it is a better paper being owned by their arch rivals Trinity Mirror Group?

Interestingly David Sullivan tried to buy it in 1990; it might have remained a Bristol printed paper had he got hold of it and had a page 3 in true Bristols fashion. Instead it was bought by Trinity and they moved the print works to Didcot, of all places. Some owner that shambolic lot turned out to be frankly.

Perhaps the rot set in way back in the 30's though when the two famous media moguls below decided to merge their two papers into one.

Lord Rothermere, owner of the Bristol Evening World, and Baron Camrose, owner of the Bristol Times and Echo.

21 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Rubbish isn't it. I see they've got another dreadful filler story about other 'famous' Bristol City strikers Diedhiou will join in to wearing the number 9.. including the likes of loanee Matt Smith.

They've also, bizarrely, got another story about where Steve Cotterill ranks in the betting for the next Preston manager.

Really is appalling, they'd be better off printing nothing at all about us than garbage filler like that.

I hear some people even buy it..

'Not so sure I believe it meself......

Clearly it's being wound down from a print media format to a digital one.

Unfortunately, they have left it 5 years too late to make that a worthwhile business model as social media can bring you live news immediately.

The days of it carrying job adverts, used car adverts and estate agency are long gone. 

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Clearly it's being wound down from a print media format to a digital one.

Unfortunately, they have left it 5 years too late to make that a worthwhile business model as social media can bring you live news immediately.

The days of it carrying job adverts, used car adverts and estate agency are long gone. 

I wonder if we'll ever see an online version of the Pillar Box Club, or is that too risky these days?

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 16:15, archie andrews said:

who remembers being told by their old man.......go down the kiosk or papershop an get us a 3 star post not a 2 star

Or waiting eagerly for The Post van to turn up at the local shop with The Green-Un's on Saturdays when City were playing away, .... who scored?  ... Galley? Sharpe? Garland ? Parr(og :))?  .. Gibbo saved a pen ... etc  ... then the snippets of extra info from the dying mins of the game in the 'stop press' printed sideways along the bottom of the page... And all this delivered to dozens of Bristol shops probably before the players had even got out of the dressing room baths... Amazing what we USED to be able to do...   (Godsiff for City .. Perry/Parry for the Gas .... and they generally had the real 'goss' too.)

The Post today? Hmm that's 'progress for you..

19 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

I wonder if we'll ever see an online version of the Pillar Box Club, or is that too risky these days?

...was that with 'Uncle' Peter Post or something like that?

Off topic a bit now... how the heck did EVERYONE Nationwide in the 60's/70's manage to come down for breakfast and find their cool glass silver top milk waiting for them on the doorstep by 7.30am ... alongside the morning newspapers and the FIRST of maybe TWO DELIVERIES of the morning MAIL too... then the breadman came with a crusty bloomer often still warm from the local bakery, the coal was in the coalhouse by 10am ... WTF? .. (oh and the postman was always smartly dressed in Her Majesties G.P.O uniform with cap and badge too !) God where did it all go wrong?.. The Beatles and The Stones were on the wireless, Jimmy Young gave us his 'recipe for the day' & The Bachelors gave us their hit Diane ... and the television from Radio Rentals shut down on BOTH channels by about 10.30pm .. after 'the Queen' on BBC, then the screen shrunk to a tiny dot (who used to get up close to try to see the dot slowly disappear?) as the valves in the back of the set crackled and dimmed for the night, not to forget the loud hum of white noise from the TV Set as the broadcasts ended.

F ook Me - I'm getting old!  ;)  smile for me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA5AxPnUzkk

SNIFF .... Sigh...

15 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

...was that with 'Uncle' Peter Post or something like that?

Off topic a bit now... how the heck did EVERYONE Nationwide in the 60's/70's manage to come down for breakfast and find their cool glass silver top milk waiting for them on the doorstep by 7.30am ... alongside the morning newspapers and the FIRST of maybe TWO DELIVERIES of the morning MAIL too... then the breadman came with a crusty bloomer often still warm from the local bakery, the coal was in the coalhouse by 10am ... WTF? .. (oh and the postman was always smartly dressed in Her Majesties G.P.O uniform with cap and badge too !) God where did it all go wrong?.. The Beatles and The Stones were on the wireless, Jimmy Young gave us his 'recipe for the day' & The Bachelors gave us their hit Diane ... and the television from Radio Rentals shut down on BOTH channels by about 10.30pm .. after 'the Queen' on BBC, then the screen shrunk to a tiny dot (who used to get up close to try to see the dot slowly disappear?) as the valves in the back of the set crackled and dimmed for the night, not to forget the loud hum of white noise from the TV Set as the broadcasts ended.

F ook Me - I'm getting old!  ;)  smile for me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA5AxPnUzkk

SNIFF .... Sigh...

We had long hair, tank tops, flares and platforms. Chopper bikes and spacehoppers.

The weather was about to change, music was about to change.......and guess what?  We were heading for the best football league in the world.

The next 4 years in the East End would be the best ever.

As Mary sang quite proudly............"Those Were The Days My Friend, I Thought They'd Never End."

20 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

We had long hair, tank tops, flares and platforms. Chopper bikes and spacehoppers.

The weather was about to change, music was about to change.......and guess what?  We were heading for the best football league in the world.

As Mary sang quite proudly............"Those Were The Days My Friend, I Thought They'd Never End."

Yes, we did, 'dedicated followers of fashion' one and all, but let's face it in that get up and with our girlie hair we looked like complete pr*cks.

Agree with the rest, being part of the 'East End Ashton Gate' and following City around the country in the 70's was fantastic, and about the only acceptable part of 70's fashion was the silk City scarf tied round the wrist.

Remember the vests with BS3 & other postcodes on them?

Red vests with white lettering looked good on bright summer days, remember on hot sunny day in Swindon and a sea of red city taking over the town..

What year do you reckon that 'fashion' was 'in' ...

& the spray painted boots on the 'boot boys'  :laugh:

Forgot to post the comments I was referring to.. duh!

See below.

3 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yes, we did, 'dedicated followers of fashion' one and all, but let's face it in that get up and with our girlie hair we looked like complete pr*cks.

Agree with the rest, being part of the 'East End Ashton Gate' and following City around the country in the 70's was fantastic, and about the only acceptable part of 70's fashion was the silk City scarf tied round the wrist.

See post above

The BP has certainly become worse since AS left and the YTS lad they have to replace him, Connor something, could put anyone into  coma as he comes across as soooo boring. As for his 'first day back' interview with LJ, I couldn't bloody hear the questions! Talk into the microphone FFS! AS for the FM17 stuff, is this supposed to be a paper or a kids comic?

Utterly useless!!

I wonder if one of the brilliant journalists at The Post will have a great idea spring to his mind from somewhere and get the go ahead from his fantastic editor to do a Retro ( through the decades ) Bristol Football Feature? ... get down into the archives and dig out some BEP classic club reports match picks and specially quotes and photos of and from fans and crowds from Bristol's football yesteryears ... ?

( If they did a Special 8page pull out feature along these lines .... I MIGHT EVEN BE TEMPTED TO BUY A COPY!  )

I just wish one of the super 'The Post' staff has a brainwave and thinks up an idea like this, those boys/girls are good and come up with brilliant ideas all the time, wouldn't surprise me if one of 'em does just that in the not to distant future.. great ideas just come to them out of the blue, they're great, they'd deserve a nice little bonus from the boss if only they think of doing a feature like this cos sales would sure to increase.

Hint hint... :whistle2:

(psst,   gissa  job, I could do that, gissa job go on give us a job, )

18 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

I wonder if one of the brilliant journalists at The Post will have a great idea spring to his mind from somewhere and get the go ahead from his fantastic editor to do a Retro ( through the decades ) Bristol Football Feature? ... get down into the archives and dig out some BEP classic club reports match picks and specially quotes and photos of and from fans and crowds from Bristol's football yesteryears ... ?

( If they did a Special 8page pull out feature along these lines .... I MIGHT EVEN BE TEMPTED TO BUY A COPY!  )

I just wish one of the super 'The Post' staff has a brainwave and thinks up an idea like this, those boys/girls are good and come up with brilliant ideas all the time, wouldn't surprise me if one of 'em does just that in the not to distant future.. great ideas just come to them out of the blue, they're great, they'd deserve a nice little bonus from the boss if only they think of doing a feature like this cos sales would sure to increase.

Hint hint... :whistle2:

(psst,   gissa  job, I could do that, gissa job go on give us a job, )

Yosser ya t*sser !!!!

Archived