IGNORED

Aaron Wilbraham

Dolman Block B

3 hours ago, elruli said:

Turner  was a battering ram of a forward. A classic old centre forward. Bob Taylor...... He was a gem, how we let him go was criminal. He was a class act with thighs like tree trunks. How I wish we could clone him. Probably one of the best players I've seen in a city shirt.

He ended up playing for Newton Abbot in the Devon County league.

And if memory serves finished up playing in goal!!!

Slightly off this topic but wow! What a night. The barman used to own a pub in Kent which was frequented by Charlton players including Ralph Milne.

He didn't know any stories about Ivan Sproule or the centre forward we had called Smith (I had forgotten his Christian nane). Ryan McGovern's sister works in this hotel though. He's now at Shrewsbury apparently.

10 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Really? Wasn't he quoted as saying he would be back in / around Manchester if he could?

Maybe they are in Walsall at the moment but planning on going further north at the earliest opportunity

His wife and children live in Salford and he used to commute from Bristol weekends and midweek . I know this as I met his in laws on holiday and they told me.

19 hours ago, Shtanley said:

I mean he's definitely got the pace to be a championship player. Michael Owen didn't have too many traits when he was a young un he was just fast enough and would rarely miss. 

You never know with a player who has his speed. A decent preseason with good coaching and he could be a useful squad player

Exactly. I don't think loan spells are as important for forwards. They're useful but I don't think vital. Playing against men at any level would've been very helpful. Another loan would help but I'd want that loan to be at as high a level as possible and only if he wouldn't get any game time here(which at the moment he could be our fourth striker assuming Wilbs goes and Engvall stays on loan). My ideal loan for Shawn is to fight for a starting spot somewhere at L2 or higher. Think that type of competition would be invaluable but he may be able to do that to some extent here over the summer. No rush to loan him out. See the interest but don't loan him out until the last few days of the window imo. 

• Admin

All seems quiet on the Wilbs front at the moment, maybe seeing what options are open to him

Noticed he's not in the 22 man squad for the Guernsey match (not listed as rested either) - be interesting to see if he is involved at BMF

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

All seems quiet on the Wilbs front at the moment, maybe seeing what options are open to him

Noticed he's not in the 22 man squad for the Guernsey match (not listed as rested either) - be interesting to see if he is involved at BMF

Why would he be involved? He hasn't signed a contract here.

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Noticed that too.

Surely this can't go on more than another week?

Also no Garita either, which suggests the Cheltenham rumours could be true..

Archived