IGNORED

Nicky Maynard off to Aberdeen

Die Hard Red

1 minute ago, Chairman Mao said:

How we could do with 2009-10 Maynard in the squad now..

How about Andy Cole too?

Trouble is ......... how do you accommodate then AND Bob Taylor and Alan Walsh??

This is why we have a top manager to manage all these ego's.

:thumbsup:

tfj

That's a really good move for him.

Even with the injuries he's had which has inevitably slowed him up he should still score quite a few goals up there.

In hindsight he made some highly regrettable comments but I hope he can make something of the move.

Him and Adomah were a fantastic combination back then.

3 minutes ago, Swede said:

Even with the injuries he's had which has inevitably slowed him up he should still score quite a few goals up there.

In hindsight he made some highly regrettable comments but I hope he can make something of the move.

:laugh: I respect your view, but I think they were made in a little more in jest than people were giving him credit for. People move on in football, and I reckon some fans reaction to him after was a bit OTT. All about opinions, i know.

40 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Not his fault we wouldn't accept the bid, only to sell him on the cheap 6 months later

.. but it was his fault that he had told the club that he would only move to a premier league club. Even if we accepted Leicester's bid, he had a year left on his contract so didn't have to move if he didn't want to. 

It was also Maynard's fault that he injured himself ( skiing if I remember correctly) and the club stood by him while he recovered. Where it not for the injury, we would probably have offered him a new, extended contract to sop his contract running down, but we were not going to do that until he had proved his fitness, but by then his contract had only 1 year to run.

33 minutes ago, Swede said:

Aizoon could score in the SPL.

tfj

3 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

True, as I've said before, I think we had the best of NM. His atempt at humour went down aswell as Andy Murrys "I'll support any team that plays against England" quip.

I know what you mean, but i reckon you're worse off taking offence than just brushing it aside. City fans (a lot anyway) haven't exactly done the latter. Me i couldn't give shit if he was joking or not. Once he went, he went and hand on heart, i really don't hold anything against the guy.

RE Murray.. the guy is Scottish I'm still working out why he should want England to do well

32 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

My bad. I had it in my head that the club wanted to accept the final Leicester offer but he made it clear he wasn't interested in going there. 

The board made it clear they didn't want to sell in the summer

http://m.leicestermercury.co.uk/leicester-city-make-new-bid-bristol-city-striker/story-14218965-detail/story.html

Doesn't really matter now of course. Interesting that Leicester were going to "smash" their transfer record to sign him though.

1 hour ago, Flint says No said:

Wow his careers gone excellently since he left us we probably have 4/5 strikers that are better than him now!

........ just as well really, or we would be in League 2.

:badmood:

tfj

6 minutes ago, David Brent said:

The board made it clear they didn't want to sell in the summer

http://m.leicestermercury.co.uk/leicester-city-make-new-bid-bristol-city-striker/story-14218965-detail/story.html

Doesn't really matter now of course. Interesting that Leicester were going to "smash" their transfer record to sign him though.

Ah

I knew I remembered something along these lines at the time (from the linked article):

Bristol chairman Colin Sexstone told the BBC: "We only had one firm offer in the summer, from a club that Nicky made quite clear he didn't want to go to."

I assumed at the time that the quote was referring to Leicester. 

Just now, Flint says No said:

Yeah but put on a lot of weight and his record for MK Dons is 8 goals in 66 appearances which is not good considering he was once top scorer in the Championship and linked with Liverpool...

........ but that fell through because of language issues once again.

Ditto his supposed moves to Barcelona and Colwyn Bay.

He must have so many regrets ............

tfj

Archived