IGNORED

Planned Attack On Football Ground

Never to the dark side

As much as I'm tempted, I refuse to be drawn any further into this debate with you on a website connected to the football team I love! Having said that, one final point I would like to make is that at the end of the day (the sun sets?!) surely no-one in their right mind can see any provocation that justifys the approach taken by terrorist groups be it Al-Kayeda, Tamil Tigers, IRA etc.........

(and incidentally if you were a resident of the falklands/georgia islands/kuwait et al are you saying that you wouldn't have wanted any intervening help.............?)

If you really were in "military intelligence" you would know that it isn't spelt Al Kayeda.

Old Trafford must be a prime target as its so well known around the world and is the largest gathering of people in one place you could get, after experiencing the throngs of people up there for the recent England game if a suicide bomber targeted this area the potential fatality numbers would be much greater than 9/11.

With all due respect, it would take one hell of a lot of explosives to cause 3,000 deaths at a footy game. The suicide bomber in question would have to strap enough C4 to his body as to leave him looking like Cyril Smith after a trip to an all-you-can-eat buffet and, as such, would have trouble getting through the turnstiles. Having said that, here in the US there is random searching at all ballgames and all handbags, backpacks, etc are routinely searched.

Has anyone read Black Sunday by Thomas Harris (of The Silence of the Lambs fame)? This book was written in the mid-70s and details an Islamicist fundamentalist terrost group's planned attack on the Super Bowl using the TV airship and a gert big bomb. This is by no means a new threat.

Chill out and enjoy the game.

Archived