IGNORED

Villa fan in peace

Holtey

Evening folks,

Looking forward to our visit to Ashton Gate, despite the bloody SKY change. I was just wondering how easy it is to grab a taxi from the ground after the match? We have a train to catch at 22:35 so hoping it will give us enough time. Any suggestions welcome.

Missed the game at your place last year as I was on holiday (thank god) but hopefully we won't be so much of a push over this season as Bruce seems to have given us a bit more steel than we had under Di Matteo.

All the best,

Holtey.

39 minutes ago, Holtey said:

Evening folks,

Looking forward to our visit to Ashton Gate, despite the bloody SKY change. I was just wondering how easy it is to grab a taxi from the ground after the match? We have a train to catch at 22:35 so hoping it will give us enough time. Any suggestions welcome.

Missed the game at your place last year as I was on holiday (thank god) but hopefully we won't be so much of a push over this season as Bruce seems to have given us a bit more steel than we had under Di Matteo.

All the best,

Holtey.

Hi mate, you'd probably be best walking to be honest, traffic around the ground is horrendous post match, walking at a brisk pace you should be able to make it to Temple Meads within 30 minutes.

1 hour ago, Holtey said:

Evening folks,

All the best,

Holtey.

Hi mate,

I would walk 10 minutes from the ground over the river towards the Cumberland Basin and get an Uber. You'll be back at Temple Meads in another 10 minutes.

41 minutes ago, Redminster said:

Hi mate,

I would walk 10 minutes from the ground over the river towards the Cumberland Basin and get an Uber. You'll be back at Temple Meads in another 10 minutes.

Welcome Holtey,

I go with the above.  Google reckons walk is 40 mins and I'd say that was more like it.  Plus getting out of the ground may not be that quick either.

Agreed with the above. 

Villas visit is just a tad early before the nearby metrobus is up and running (october im hearing, please correct if wrong) which is a shame as it would of been ideal  for you guys and indeed the majority of fans attending as it connects to temple meads. 

8 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

Welcome Holtey,

I go with the above.  Google reckons walk is 40 mins and I'd say that was more like it.  Plus getting out of the ground may not be that quick either.

I walk to the ground and back again from Temple Meads every game. I can just about do it in 30 mins at a almost power walk pace - depends how fit you are I suppose!

Definitely agree with those who say walk it. Would be a right faff trying to get a taxi and there's a fair chance traffic will be very heavy.

Last season nearly all your fans left 10 minutes before the end - not sure if that's a normal occurrence? That would give you an extra 10 minutes to get back to the station.  We were only here for the Villa apparently, so we stayed until full time. ;)

46 minutes ago, North London Red said:

No need to leave early unless there's absolutely loads of stoppage time. I regularly get the last train back to London after midweek games (which leaves between 22.30 and 22.40) and have never had a problem making it, even walking at a steady pace. 

But once he has caught a train to london, what time is the train to New Street?

To be fair I think it would be best to walk as others have said, certainly wouldn't trust the Bristol roads around the ground to be anything but extreamly congested. I would allow 45 mins though at least, got to remember the person isn't familiar with the route and has to actually get onto the platform and train.

You could also arrange for a taxi to collect you from somewhere like Spike Island arts centre, which is only a 10 minute walk from the ground and also a straight route to Temple Meads by road.

Local cab firms I use are:

Club Cars - 0117 966 6633

Yellow Cabs - 0117 923 1515

V Cars - 0117 925 2626

3 hours ago, gl1 said:

I walk to the ground and back again from Temple Meads every game. I can just about do it in 30 mins at a almost power walk pace - depends how fit you are I suppose!

Yep, I walk more or less that journey before and after each game. Always get there before lazy mates who catch the bus! Much easier and quicker to walk...

26 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I thought they were removing the bikes from South Bristol because they kept getting vandalised.

Pick the bike up from TM, cycle to the ground, lock it at the ground, return it to TM? Or am I not sticking to OTIB rules and being far too sensible here? 

4 hours ago, RedM said:

To be fair I think it would be best to walk as others have said, certainly wouldn't trust the Bristol roads around the ground to be anything but extreamly congested. I would allow 45 mins though at least, got to remember the person isn't familiar with the route and has to actually get onto the platform and train.

I don't think they'll let him train on the platform. 

Archived