IGNORED

Precious types on OTIB

Major Isewater

To all those precious types who throw their hands up in horror when there is a deviation in a topic, I just want to say that when you start a thread it's like your own child . 

You hope it has a good future but you can never stop it being diverted from it's path.

Like a child , The thread is not yours. It belongs to the world and they will react to it how they want to and no amount of gnashing of teeth or wailing will change that.

So stay wise and accept the inevitable or familiarise yourselves with the ' ignore ' button and I will bid you a peaceful , pun free, farewell.

I love you all and thank you for being there .

39 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

To all those precious types who throw their hands up in horror when there is a deviation in a topic, I just want to say that when you start a thread it's like your own child . 

You hope it has a good future but you can never stop it being diverted from it's path.

Like a child , The thread is not yours. It belongs to the world and they will react to it how they want to and no amount of gnashing of teeth or wailing will change that.

So stay wise and accept the inevitable or familiarise yourselves with the ' ignore ' button and I will bid you a peaceful , pun free, farewell.

With the greatest respect people have the right to react how ever they want if they feel a topic is being deviated by let's say serial agendists! You have no right to say it is either right or wrong for anyone to react in any way they want.  Perhaps you yourself should stop being so precious! 

Anyone excited about the new Footy season? 

LJ in! 

Oh and does anyone know a good tree surgeon? Thanks in advance! 

44 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Who else, like The Major, has got a pun in the oven?  and when is it due?  

So ... threads belong to the World but some Otibers haven't cottoned on yet... 

6 minutes ago, john from high littleton said:

With the greatest respect people have the right to react how ever they want if they feel a topic is being deviated by let's say serial agendists! You have no right to say it is either right or wrong for anyone to react in any way they want.  Perhaps you yourself should stop being so precious! 

Anyone excited about the new Footy season? 

LJ in! 

Oh and does anyone know a good tree surgeon? Thanks in advance! 

Try  ' Trees R Us ' ... they've got branches everywhere. 

It can be irritating when there's a transfer thread.. things go quiet and you view it a few hours later with loads of replies - and the just turn out to be silly jokes and puns.

I think there's a time and a place for that sort of thing - there's several dedicated joke threads. Obviously in big threads you may find they deviate from time to time but people should know when to stop. 

Otib is probably the best place to come for developing transfer stories and rumours these days - I think it would be nice if transfer threads did avoid the jokes and puns personally. Comes across as a bit inconsiderate when many - myself included - come here for the latest on transfer rumours.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

How about we move it out of the football chat section too ?

:sub:

Archived