IGNORED

Alan Brazil TALKSPORT

E.G.Red

5 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Adam

While you're on mate .......any explanation as to why Under 21 friendly matches aren't billed as such or played behind 'closed doors' like they were in previous seasons when the fixture is announced? Why the policy change? 

Yours

Angry of Devon

Hi Angry (that can't be your real name, you don't support the blue half!)

No change of policy here. 

Our U23 (previously U21) games are listed here. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/under-23s/201718-fixtures/

Their first official game is on Saturday, although I appreciate the Torquay game turned into an U23 game in the end - only down to the number of players absent through injury at present and the rapid number of games we have played. The intention initially was for Torquay to be first team way back when we agreed the date. 

We'll have a story on the website tomorrow plugging all of the above U23 listed games for fans. 

Regards

Adam

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Don't listen when Dean ******* Saunders is on :grr: Brazil is good normally especially when Ray Parlour is on with him, good laugh. Jim White is terrible , was better when the two mikes were on . H & J are funny , well Paul hawksby is. Durhams a wum bellend. 

Dean Saunders is THE WORST presenter/summariser/rent a gob on ANY radio, can speak for ages and not say anything. Absolutely appalling .
I Don't mind Brazil and the Romford Pele is ok, I like Jim White when Bob Mills and Perl Groves are on , H&J are good . I usually listen in the car and flick the CD on when the adds start, or when a bad interview starts.  
I always thought Durham did it to generate calls, devil's advocate and all that. But apparently when they were in Brazil he was walking around moaning that everybody didn't speak English, so perhaps I gave him too much credit and he IS a cock !

3 hours ago, maxjak said:

Reasonably entertaining until 4PM..................But then enters surely the slimiest toad on the airwaves, the poor mans schlock jock........Adrian (Mr Controversial) Durham.  Barf

I quite like hawkesby and Jacobs, especially errors of the week. 

TalkSport is essentially The Sun newspaper on the radio.  90% of the presentors are tediously ignorant/stupid and frankly can barely speak English.

They are bad enough when they talk about football, but when they dive into current affairs/poltics its painfully cringeworthy.  Hasn't Alan Brazil got a long track record of making incredibly stupid and misinformed remarks about a vareity of issues?  Seem to remember him berating a female newsreader once for daring to have an opinion. The guy is a complete tool.

The only football radio show that I can bare listening to is probably the football ramble podcast. They can actually string a sentence together and they dont take themselves too seriously.

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:48, redapple said:

Talk Sport is hard listening to for any length of time. They do get some good guests occasionally. I remember a very good interview with Louis Carey when he broke the club appearance record a few years back.

Neil Warnock and Ray Wilkins have been good presenters and interesting to listen to. Both have good insight to the Football World . 

I think Alan Brazil is past it and surely needs to move on, and Jim White is ruddy awful .

Trouble is Five Live is even worse with its Oh so  PC, self-righteous presenters . 

Maybe theres an opportunity for someone to start an OTIB podcast or station ? 

5 Live has it's faults don't get me wrong, but the mental age needed to keep up is about 14 whereas Talksport's is about 8. 

Archived