IGNORED

England Women Euro 2017 (Merged)

How many games have we (in general) had all the possession, all the efforts and been sent back home without a point to show for it? About time we managed to do that to someone else for a change.

Think Mark Samson had his gameplan worked out and drummed in into the team to perfection - a great battling performance and a big 'W'. Seems we are learning to play the game...even if it doesn't include the Dark Arts.

Have to say that with every game we seem to be gaining in confidence. There's a distinct 'swagger' about the team and the rest of the tournament is looking more and more achievable. Mark Sampson is, in my view, forging an ever-increasing reputation with his tactical approach to each match. We play like we have an extra player at times.

Anyone else looking forward to this ?

Have no time for the arguement that the standard is low if that were  the case no one would bother watching the Gas

This is competitive football and it's also another succesful England side.

If only the overpaid and pampered ponces that wear the first eleven men's shirts could compete at the same level as  women.

Big clash with the hosts - expect a big crowd and an atmosphere to match. If the Lionesses win, the final will be either Denmark or Austria - not as highly rated so tonight could be the more demanding.

Here's to the girls. Bring some long-lost footballing pride and honour back to our nation. We have great athletes (including the paras), great rugby and cricket players, so this would make a full set.

:englandflag::chant6ez:

2 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Have no time for the arguement that the standard is low if that were  the case no one would bother watching the Gas

If only the overpaid and pampered ponces that wear the first eleven men's shirts could compete at the same level as  women.

Yes. I am intrigued to see how England will play. Rarely have I seen teams attempt to be so positive. The only thought for three of the games is to go pass and penetrate as fast as possible even if this means (it has) possession is frequently lost.

Have no time for the argument that the standard is low ... Neither do I. The likes of Bronze and Nobbs have high technical abilities.

I admire the positive intent, the upbeat determination of the team/squad, and how Mr Sampson has unified players behind his tactics which are out of keeping with how many will play for their clubs sides.

3 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Seen little flair.

But huge commitment.

Great teamwork.

Lions with true grit.

The right stuff.

An ethos that put to shame those overpaid and pampered ponces.

Archived