IGNORED

The Obvious Reason we have made few signings

Londoner

2 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

We'll be playing the gas next year in league 1 I fear.... The best we can hopeful is another season of embarrassment and struggle.. Can't ******* wait!!!

You are nothing if not consistent. I could set my watch by you.

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

I think if you read it properly the post is a gripe about spending....

Yes. Quite right.  How dare the  Lansdown's  bankroll our club covering circa £10 million of losses per annum without our permission whilst buying players we haven't even sanctioned. Shame on them.

Perhaps we should follow the example set by our esteemed neighbours in asking " What ever happened to the Lambert ( Kodjia) money?"

4 hours ago, Londoner said:

Because of the ridiculous panic buys from last season....amidst the appalling run of form SL was forced to sign a range of average footballers.....unfortunately putting a dent in this season's recruitment.

Why did we sign Đurić, Taylor, Hegeler?...they have all been bit part players who have made a limit contribution to this side....And let's be honest, based on what we have seen they are squad players and do not improve our first xi.

By signing them they have helped us stay up....but push us onto the next level.....doubtful.

Hegeler - LJ has no idea where to play him or what his best position is.

Đurić- sick note clearly who from what I have seen is not an improvement on wilbs.

Taylor- did well in creating opportunities for others but does he have the composure and quality to be a top goalscorer at this level....again, no.

Engvall- 2 pre season goals dont hide the fact that 2mil plus looks like a Stryvar esc signing but far worse.

I would argue we are significantly weaker than this time lastseason....no kodjia Tammy Tomlin with o'neil and wilbs another year older.

Pack and Smith in the most uninspiring middle two in theleague....so much pressure on pato and Bobby to create and score....where are the goals going to come from.....

We know English talent is more expensive but sorry I for one wouldn't mind us splashing a bit more for someone we know can have a significant impact in this league, plenty available, i have names, but the £ is a barrier when it shouldnt be......as for the foreign signings jury well and truly out and if we do not make a good start we could be in serious trouble.....no Rotherhams to help us this season.

On another note, LJ I suspect there is no chance SL will afford you the same generosity as last season regarding time....we need progress we haven't seen it in terms of transfers, which isn't going to help you.....but if we don't see it on the pitch you could be in big trouble.

Sorry for the doom and gloom. But the truth.

Johnson out

9 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yes. Quite right.  How dare the  Lansdown's  bankroll our club covering circa £10 million of losses per annum without our permission whilst buying players we haven't even sanctioned. Shame on them.

Perhaps we should follow the example set by our esteemed neighbours in asking " What ever happened to the Lambert ( Kodjia) money?"

I suppose there's a clue in all this?

We consistently underwhelm, underperform and are generally the same as we've always been albeit in a nice shiny new ground?

Sorry if I'm not satisfied with the shit that we consistently get served!!

Whatever happened last season is in the past and I genuinely believe we'll see a lot more from the likes of Đurić , Taylor, Patterson and Engvall this year . Three of them  needed time to settle . As for our lack of signings , just look at the rest of the division . Boro, Villa, Sunderland, Hull have been merrily blowing their parachute payments for fun but for BCFC ... see every other side in the division . All pretty quiet on the transfer front with relatively uninspiring signings picked up here or there plus untried youngsters on loan . We may not have set the market on fire but neither has 90% of the Championship . Let's not pre judge our season yet ! 

1 hour ago, 'keepuplino' said:

I suppose there's a clue in all this?

We consistently underwhelm, underperform and are generally the same as we've always been albeit in a nice shiny new ground?

Sorry if I'm not satisfied with the shit that we consistently get served!!

You and I have  been having this conversation for several seasons now and we just remain at two ends of the same spectrum. Whilst I'm aware of the discomfort we all experience there is also so much to be positive about and maybe you should try it? 

As long term City fans we have to manage our expectations. In recent years we have been 90 mins away from the Prem - got relegated - came back up as Champions and Cup winners with a new Stadium and an encouraging youth policy, increased spending and some encouraging transfer deals  both in and out.

If we're "the same as we've always been" then why be so negative? It's only been about 120 years so plenty more time to improve.

Names put out by their clubs to city, Quinn, Blackman, Noone, Traore and Lica from forest, Joao, abdi Wednesday, diaghora leeds.

We enquired for - sawyers, woods at Brentford Bettoneli Fulham,  Cyrus Christie derby, hutton villa, vdrmijil Preston.

There are obviously more that I know nothing about.

11 minutes ago, hodge said:

If the enquired players are the quality we're looking to add I'm quite happy we didn't touch those offered to us. 

Yeah me to. How many years have we signed players on there way down.

But for once were lookin at players goin the other way. Some may fall by the wayside  but it has to be the way forward.

Just now, stephenkibby. said:

Yeah me to. How many years have we signed players on there way down.

But for once were lookin at players goin the other way. Some may fall by the wayside  but it has to be the way forward.

Explain how Ryan Woods and Romaine Sawyers are on their way down?

4 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Explain how Ryan Woods and Romaine Sawyers are on their way down?

Think he's talking about the ones offered to us - which is a pretty uninspiring selection.

The ones we enquiried for are high calibre. Would've been pleased with any of those, bar Hutton.

I'm not really sure why you're complaining, you originally said..

"We know English talent is more expensive but sorry I for one wouldn't mind us splashing a bit more for someone we know can have a significant impact in this league, plenty available, i have names, but the £ is a barrier when it shouldnt be......"

The ones we enquiried for would've mostly been expensive signings and if you're right, we're clearly looking for established Championship signings. Doesn't posting the players we've enquiried for contradict what you were trying to say?

8 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

It's not outrageous to be concerned with our prospects for the season. Everyone thinks voicing concern is negativity but if the season starts poorly and we dont have options we may me in trouble. 

I fear for us this season, i hope so much im just being a drama queen but don't trust LJ at all given his questionable signings and broken record losing steaks ... i hope to god I'm wrong but im worried. 

Is voicing a concern about a concern a positive thing?

On 27/07/2017 at 23:55, Londoner said:

Names put out by their clubs to city, Quinn, Blackman, Noone, Traore and Lica from forest, Joao, abdi Wednesday, diaghora leeds.

We enquired for - sawyers, woods at Brentford Bettoneli Fulham,  Cyrus Christie derby, hutton villa, vdrmijil Preston.

There are obviously more that I know nothing about.

Some other PNE fans would disagree, but personally I would be pleased to offload Vermijl. He's not up to it and really struggles defensively (not ideal for a RB!).

We've just signed Darnell Fisher from Rotherham (hated by their fans but did well for us tonight, Neil watched him up in Scotland years ago I think) and Calum Woods isn't far off a return after a 12 month absence, so Vermijl may be surplus to requirements towards the end of the window. Was average on loan for us then we signed him permanently for 500k, which was a poor decision.

Ryan Woods at Brentford is top class. Grayson tried to sign him for us before he joined them, and looks like he's trying to get him to Sunderland now. Alan Nixon reckons he's offered £3m for him.

On 27/07/2017 at 21:31, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

His losses.

His management.

His mess.

On 27/07/2017 at 16:45, Londoner said:

Because of the ridiculous panic buys from last season....amidst the appalling run of form SL was forced to sign a range of average footballers.....unfortunately putting a dent in this season's recruitment.

Why did we sign Đurić, Taylor, Hegeler?...they have all been bit part players who have made a limit contribution to this side....And let's be honest, based on what we have seen they are squad players and do not improve our first xi.

By signing them they have helped us stay up....but push us onto the next level.....doubtful.

Hegeler - LJ has no idea where to play him or what his best position is.

Đurić- sick note clearly who from what I have seen is not an improvement on wilbs.

Taylor- did well in creating opportunities for others but does he have the composure and quality to be a top goalscorer at this level....again, no.

Engvall- 2 pre season goals dont hide the fact that 2mil plus looks like a Stryvar esc signing but far worse.

I would argue we are significantly weaker than this time lastseason....no kodjia Tammy Tomlin with o'neil and wilbs another year older.

Pack and Smith in the most uninspiring middle two in theleague....so much pressure on pato and Bobby to create and score....where are the goals going to come from.....

We know English talent is more expensive but sorry I for one wouldn't mind us splashing a bit more for someone we know can have a significant impact in this league, plenty available, i have names, but the £ is a barrier when it shouldnt be......as for the foreign signings jury well and truly out and if we do not make a good start we could be in serious trouble.....no Rotherhams to help us this season.

On another note, LJ I suspect there is no chance SL will afford you the same generosity as last season regarding time....we need progress we haven't seen it in terms of transfers, which isn't going to help you.....but if we don't see it on the pitch you could be in big trouble.

Sorry for the doom and gloom. But the truth.

Gotta say this is spot on.  I've said for a long time out transfer philosophy is all wrong.  We buy at the wrong time, rarely sell for a profit and aren't in control.  However, I don't blame this on Lee Johnson.  It goes back much further than Lee.

4 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Gotta say this is spot on.  I've said for a long time out transfer philosophy is all wrong.  We buy at the wrong time, rarely sell for a profit and aren't in control.  However, I don't blame this on Lee Johnson.  It goes back much further than Lee.

Unless you are a truly big club you are rarely in control and cannot sign players in the order you might want to. Plus it is hard to compete with clubs paying much bigger wages.

As to policy, that has changed - and about time too. We made a huge profit on Kodjia and are likely to do the same with Flint. This time we have also been proactive in signing Baker in advance.

The change in policy, along with much increased revenue from the redeveloped ground, puts us in a stronger position for the future.

Archived