IGNORED

When Flinty goes....

Eddie Notgetinya

I hope he leaves with our blessing. All too often we are bitter towards ex players (some deservedly so). I don't want Flinty saying "No" about us one day!

He's given his all for us and was magnificent in our promotion year. I completely understand if he feels a move might get him to the promised land -wherever he goes. If he does want out then I respect the way he has handled it.

Thanks for everything big man, you're a City legend.

I agree, don't think you should begrudge anyone for trying to better there career or get a better life for there family especially if they've surved us well, I didn't understand why people were booing freeman last season when he came back (not everyone) can't blame him for wanting to leave. It's probably the fact there's a lot  bitter city fans 

I sincerely hope he stays with us but I wouldn't bet on it. Post-Twente game, LJ's emphasis on how many centre halves we have worries me a bit. In any event, Flint has been a good servant to the club and has had an excellent relationship with the fans. If he goes, there should not be any recriminations from the terraces. Think Albert, not Nicky!

11 minutes ago, Squire Dastardly said:

I sincerely hope he stays with us but I wouldn't bet on it. Post-Twente game, LJ's emphasis on how many centre halves we have worries me a bit. In any event, Flint has been a good servant to the club and has had an excellent relationship with the fans. If he goes, there should not be any recriminations from the terraces. Think Albert, not Nicky!

Totally agree. I for one will give him a cheer. Just hope he doesn't score against us if he goes to another Championship side. 

22 minutes ago, Milan djurichimovic said:

I agree, don't think you should begrudge anyone for trying to better there career or get a better life for there family especially if they've surved us well, I didn't understand why people were booing freeman last season when he came back (not everyone) can't blame him for wanting to leave. It's probably the fact there's a lot  bitter city fans 

He was relatively late becoming a pro, and has spent a number of years with us and Swindon. Whilst I'm sure he would be well paid, a career is short and if he has the option of doubling his wages if not more plus a signing on fees which will be substantial based on the rumours of the transfer fee, you can't blame him.

28 minutes ago, Milan djurichimovic said:

Probably because Freeman was crap at this level and refused to play.

Flint has been brilliant for us and for 200k, great value for money. If the club can get 4 million plus then that is good business. He is 28 and his value will only go down. Great business. That said, for me Flint will always go down as a legend of the club and he deserves to be. Majestic in our promotion season. I have his shirt from the Preston away game (1-1), and it is torn to pieces. Put his body on the line and should always be welcomed back to City.

However, the presentation of him as a top centre back in the media and from some fans does make me smile; he has no pace, gets done on the turn and is culpable for some horrific defensive displays over the past 2 seasons and when he first joined us. In fact, I remember a 5-4 showing at Coventry (northampton) when he and Fontaine were hopelessly done by one ball over the top, time and time again!. If we are to get to the PL then we need better players. Baker is an upgrade, Mags is an upgrade and Hegeler could be a dark horse in this position from what i have seen. I expect Hegeler and Wright to be the CB pairing at least for the first couple of games....

I dont think Flint's departure will weaken us. So let's just say thank you to Aiden and wish him well.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

IF it's Boro then I will give the big fella a warm welcome when he comes back to the Gate. No reason not to IMHO.

Has he agreed terms with anyone yet? You must be the first to put up with ''warm welcome'' post when his team (whoever that might be) comes to try and beat us...would you cheer him if he scored the winner?

Crazy...

54 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

Flint has been brilliant for us and for 200k, great value for money. If the club can get 4 million plus then that is good business. He is 28 and his value will only go down. Great business. That said, for me Flint will always go down as a legend of the club and he deserves to be. Majestic in our promotion season. I have his shirt from the Preston away game (1-1), and it is torn to pieces. Put his body on the line and should always be welcomed back to City.

However, the presentation of him as a top centre back in the media and from some fans does make me smile; he has no pace, gets done on the turn and is culpable for some horrific defensive displays over the past 2 seasons and when he first joined us. In fact, I remember a 5-4 showing at Coventry (northampton) when he and Fontaine were hopelessly done by one ball over the top, time and time again!. If we are to get to the PL then we need better players. Baker is an upgrade, Mags is an upgrade and Hegeler could be a dark horse in this position from what i have seen. I expect Hegeler and Wright to be the CB pairing at least for the first couple of games....

I dont think Flint's departure will weaken us. So let's just say thank you to Aiden and wish him well.

I agree with your first para.

In the 2nd para, with reference to the fiasco against Coventry way back when, I think the only thing that has been proved is that Flint was capable of great improvement whereas Fontaine wasn't.

I also think that losing him would weaken us, though we have got some cover thanks to recent signings.

39 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Has he agreed terms with anyone yet? You must be the first to put up with ''warm welcome'' post when his team (whoever that might be) comes to try and beat us...would you cheer him if he scored the winner?

Crazy...

The guy has been a top player for us - could have done a Kodjia last summer when rumours were circulating about interest in him, but he didn't. 

City aren't a big club in this league. So if he goes, why wouldn't he get a warm welcome?? 

Warm welcome doesn't = cheer an opposition winner. Crazy. :whistle:

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

Crazy...

I've no idea if he's agreed anything but see nothing wrong with applauding an ex City player before / after the game. We've done alright from Flinty and I think he deserves that.

As for the comment about 'if he scores', that's quite laughable. 

4 hours ago, MarkRed! said:

You don't post much, but you usually post very sensible stuff.

4 hours ago, MarkRed! said:

Good post,could'nt put it better myself.

4 hours ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

I can't converse with people this stupid

Ahh the truth...how would you feel about any ex player scoring a winner against us ? 

Not that difficult a question is it.would you feel elated for him, despite the team who you actually 'support' have lost.

Personally I would feel gutted, but then I actually don't like any opposition player, no matter if he ever played for us, but hey it's a free world, it takes all sorts. 

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I've no idea if he's agreed anything but see nothing wrong with applauding an ex City player before / after the game. We've done alright from Flinty and I think he deserves that.

As for the comment about 'if he scores', that's quite laughable. 

Scoring against us would be a distinct possibility.... what's laughable about that? 

5 hours ago, reformed_red said:

The guy has been a top player for us - could have done a Kodjia last summer when rumours were circulating about interest in him, but he didn't. 

City aren't a big club in this league. So if he goes, why wouldn't he get a warm welcome?? 

Warm welcome doesn't = cheer an opposition winner. Crazy. :whistle:

It's a dilemma for those that cheer any opposition player then, just worry about City I say, I am sure the players/ Management would say / do the same, but not some fans? Odd.:shutup:

8 hours ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

I hope he leaves with our blessing. All too often we are bitter towards ex players (some deservedly so). I don't want Flinty saying "No" about us one day!

He's given his all for us and was magnificent in our promotion year. I completely understand if he feels a move might get him to the promised land -wherever he goes. If he does want out then I respect the way he has handled it.

Thanks for everything big man, you're a City legend.

Oh shut up!!! this is getting a bit weird from you...ahh Narrwich sez it all :whistle:

Is he still a City player? 

All this out pouring of love and emotion from you might just be all in vain....and 'legend''?   

Lost the plot.

3 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

It's a dilemma for those that cheer any opposition player then, just worry about City I say, I am sure the players/ Management would say / do the same, but not some fans? Odd.:shutup:

I've never known anyone cheer an opposition player - applause if they're subbed off and have previously played for us don't see any problem with that tbh

Archived