IGNORED

Team V barnsley

Healeyred96

There's a part of me that thought LJ would play a couple of slightly different players against Twente to throw any watching managers off the scent.

But looking at the line-up, assuming Flint is off, then I think that'll be the side.  O'Dowda could start instead of Brownhill, but you'd think his performance plus 'old club' thing would make that unlikely.

Surely Magnússon won't start ahead of Hegeler.  I think LJ knows Flint will be gone ahead of Saturday, and has been getting Wright used to playing alongside the German. Baker is both suspended and not up to speed.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There's a part of me that thought LJ would play a couple of slightly different players against Twente to throw any watching managers off the scent.

But looking at the line-up, assuming Flint is off, then I think that'll be the side.  O'Dowda could start instead of Brownhill, but you'd think his performance plus 'old club' thing would make that unlikely.

Surely Magnússon won't start ahead of Hegeler.  I think LJ knows Flint will be gone ahead of Saturday, and has been getting Wright used to playing alongside the German. Baker is both suspended and not up to speed.

Reckon you're right. I assume Ripley will be our number 1 and will start if we sign him by then.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Reckon you're right. I assume Ripley will be our number 1 and will start if we sign him by then.

I'm not sure...if he has signed, announced and trained with the boys Monday or Tuesday (latest) then maybe. If later it's not leaving much time to get used to a back four that's gotten used to Frank over pre-season,  but who knows.

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

I think it will be the same team.

Big changes for Plymouth after that, and then interesting to see if LJ drops Wright or Hegeler to bring in Baker against Birmingham - the Barnsley game will probably make up his mind on that one.

Didn't Baker make his last debut for us v Brum

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Didn't Baker make his last debut for us v Brum

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Surely was earlier in the season than that

Wasnt the 4-2 in october? I'm sure he had played before then

You are right Dave.

Baker gave away a penalty.

Lets hope for a better debut this time round!

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

You are right Dave.

Baker gave away a penalty.

Lets hope for a better debut this time round!

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

The day Clayton Donaldson ripped us a new arsehole.

To be nice I'm quite sure Donaldson may have fooled the ref a bit on that penalty but yes he was good that day. Kodjia with the brace. 

1 minute ago, cynic said:

Two years later and 6 of that team will probably play this time round;

Fielding, Baker, Bryan, Reid, Smith, Pack (Flint - but he won't be here).

Only one(s) I'm unsure of there is (are) Reid. (Frankie if Ripley signs)

He's done everything he can in pre-season, and the 4-2-3-1 seems to still be the preferred formation. But whether partly enforced because of the striker injury crisis is less clear.

If Flint goes then the back four will interesting as to who'll replace him.

The obvious one, Baker won't be up to speed having hardly played or trained although LJ did say that there might be a behind doors game arranged for him.

That leaves Hodur and Hegelar would could fill the void.

That said,  suppose LJ could play a 3-5-2............

Isnt it great to have the football (almost) back!

6 hours ago, FlintWonderwall said:

FF (I hope its Ripley :fingerscrossed:)

Pisano Flint Wright Bryan

Brownhill Smith Pack O'Dowda

Reid

Diedhou

Yes, I still think Flint will be here come Saturday.

If Flint is still here, but a deal for him isn't too far away then I wouldn't want him in the team, his head won't be in the right place. I also doubt that he'll be allowed to play due to a risk of injury anyway. I'd imagine Hegeler will be put in his place alongside Wright. I'd also have Paterson starting ahead of O'Dowda. 

48 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Can`t see Flint still being here and if he is I doubt he`d play as a deal will have been agreed somewhere.

Fielding/Ripley

Pisano Wright Hegeler Bryan

Brownhill Pack Smith Paterson

Reid

Diedhiou

Subs. Fielding/Ripley/Lucic, COD, Engvall, Vyner, Mags, Moore, Hinds

Yes I'm expecting this. Sounds like that team played well on Fri. Even if Ripley signs I am doubtful he will go straight in as he has missed our preseason (would expect him to play v Plymouth though). Agree Wright right CB and Hegeler left. 

Would suggest the team that started Friday is much in the frame to do the same against Barnsley.

A fair chunk of second half side might then appear against Plymouth, and by Birmingham we'll probably see what should be LJ's intended first eleven (at least for now, considering injuries), with the likes of Baker available again, and his having run the rule over a few players competing for similar roles (such as Engvall and Reid) in 'love fire' games.

Despite it being a good opportunity to give the wider squad a run out, I do hope we progress in the League Cup.

Archived