IGNORED

EFL Kit Poll on Twitter NOW IN THE FINAL!

Septic Peg

11 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Oh no, same percentage split as the referendum. Wonder if Sheffield United will keep protesting to get another vote until they get the result they want.

No chance. They'll get told that the views of the 48% count for absolutely nothing, that if they dare to speak again they'll be traitors and saboteurs, and they'll be forced to play in purple and green every week whether they like it or not. Will of the people!

4 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

So our kits have finally been revealed today. Don't think either would have been a danger to you in this competition. I think the away one is possibly the worst football shirt I've ever seen.

H.jpg.a186bc087e5e27217e1872cc68eb5bfe.jpg

Don't mean to be rude here OV . You're home kit looks like Ipswich towns . You're away kit is horrendous. Sorry 

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Don't mean to be rude here OV . You're home kit looks like Ipswich towns . You're away kit is horrendous. Sorry 

Completely agree. They've been made in house at apparently £2.50 per shirt, so unsurprisingly the quality looks terrible. The away shirt looks like one of those template kits you buy from JJB for your Sunday league or 5-aside team. 

This in our 150th Anniversary year as well :sad26:.

Just now, Owl Visiting said:

Completely agree. They've been made in house at apparently £2.50 per shirt, so unsurprisingly the quality looks terrible. The away shirt looks like one of those template kits you buy from JJB for your Sunday league or 5-aside team. 

I honestly thought Sunday league for your away shirt. Anyway can't do much about it now. How you rating your chances for the season 

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

I honestly thought Sunday league for your away shirt. Anyway can't do much about it now. How you rating your chances for the season 

We've only signed one player so far so not much improvement which is slightly worrying. The biggest concern is the defence. We only have 2 CBs at the club and are in desperate need for a couple more, we are expected to sign Johan Djourou in the next few days if you remember him from his Arsenal days.

Most Wednesday fans seem to be predicting us to miss out on the top 6 this season. I feel the same, but If one of our big name strikers can finally start firing we might be able to mount a challenge. If we aren't in contention by Christmas though, I could see there being a change in manager.

Can't wait for it all to start though and especially looking forward to the derbies.

2 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

We've only signed one player so far so not much improvement which is slightly worrying. The biggest concern is the defence. We only have 2 CBs at the club and are in desperate need for a couple more, we are expected to sign Johan Djourou in the next few days if you remember him from his Arsenal days.

Most Wednesday fans seem to be predicting us to miss out on the top 6 this season. I feel the same, but If one of our big name strikers can finally start firing we might be able to mount a challenge. If we aren't in contention by Christmas though, I could see there being a change in manager.

Can't wait for it all to start though and especially looking forward to the derbies.

Fair play. Noticed Wednesday have been quite in the market. But still 4 weeks to go . Personally I think you will be challenging top 6 . Best of luck. Don't mind the owls. Old school 

On 01/08/2017 at 11:32, Chivs said:

Sean Bean, Nick Clegg, err the blokes from the Full Monty,  ummm the women from the Full Monty, your boys took one hell of a beating....

Plus Phil Oakey (The Human League lead singer for our lot younger viewers) wrote a song about a talking Sheffield Wednesday shirt. It turned out to be prophetic.......

31 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

£2.50? And they are flogging them for about £55? Blige, what a mark up... 

Mind you, ours probably cost the same to make...

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

£2.50? And they are flogging them for about £55? Blige, what a mark up... 

Mind you, ours probably cost the same to make...

Apparently the bigger brands like Adidas etc take about £15 a shirt which is why the chairman chose to do it, it would be nice if he passed some of the savings on to the fans but his argument I suppose will be that it raises more money for the club. 

Archived