IGNORED

Manchelsea United

Bazooka Joe

45 minutes ago, Super said:

He's a massive upgrade on Fellaini in fairness. Will probably see the useless lump move on.

Mourinho recently came out and said that he sees Fellaini as invaluable. In the end, three people have coached him at Man Utd, and all three seem to love him, so he's clearly doing something right.

He might not be a marquee player, but he knows his role on the pitch, performs to the best of his ability, and keeps himself out of the spotlight. From a coaches perspective, he's probably the perfect player.

12 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

Mourinho recently came out and said that he sees Fellaini as invaluable. In the end, three people have coached him at Man Utd, and all three seem to love him, so he's clearly doing something right.

He might not be a marquee player, but he knows his role on the pitch, performs to the best of his ability, and keeps himself out of the spotlight. From a coaches perspective, he's probably the perfect player.

Wouldn't get a game if Ferguson was still there.

1 hour ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Dourinho still bringing in Chelsea players and former Chelsea players. 

If he keeps this up they may as well call themselves Manchelsea United.

Perhaps he reckons with Mata and Matic they have a better mata-matical chance of winning the Prem.

That has to be a forum ban! No place on this forum for word play like that!

16 hours ago, Super said:

Wouldn't get a game if Ferguson was still there.

Probably not, but I think Fergie has shown that he was a cut above the rest, considering three managers have tried and failed to come even close to what he was capable of.

With that being said, his teams were full of largely average players that were seemingly better than the sum of their parts at times.

6 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

Probably not, but I think Fergie has shown that he was a cut above the rest, considering three managers have tried and failed to come even close to what he was capable of.

With that being said, his teams were full of largely average players that were seemingly better than the sum of their parts at times.

Yes, his strategy of fear and intimidation certainly put him a cut above the rest!  

1 minute ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Yes, his strategy of fear and intimidation certainly put him a cut above the rest!  

I hate Man Utd & everything about them, with a passion. I can't stand Alex Ferguson, but yes. Of course he was a cut above pretty much every other manager. What he achieved was beyond exceptional. 

The best manager ever, probably. Trust me, I say that through gritted teeth! 

I think Mourinho has only personally brought in 2 former Chelsea players, one of whom (Lukaku) he sold to Everton while at a Chelsea. Mourinho sold Mata to ManUre didn't he? He's hardly creating the Chelsea Of The North

That said, I don't understand his transfer tactics whatsoever. Spend £15million more on Lukaku than he could have had Morata, then spends all summer chasing a player that while he is familiar with, the current champions have replaced twice over since he left. With Bakayoko joining Chelsea for the price ManUre paid for Matic and being 6 years younger. All that said, if Lindloff settles well there I think they'll be back in the title hunt next season

5 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

I think Mourinho has only personally brought in 2 former Chelsea players, one of whom (Lukaku) he sold to Everton while at a Chelsea. Mourinho sold Mata to ManUre didn't he? He's hardly creating the Chelsea Of The North

That said, I don't understand his transfer tactics whatsoever. Spend £15million more on Lukaku than he could have had Morata, then spends all summer chasing a player that while he is familiar with, the current champions have replaced twice over since he left. With Bakayoko joining Chelsea for the price ManUre paid for Matic and being 6 years younger. All that said, if Lindloff settles well there I think they'll be back in the title hunt next season

Rashford won't develop under Bourinho.

2 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Perhaps not, though I'm not sure what that has to do with how many players Mourinho has signed from Chelsea?

Bringing in Lukaku who will play up top instead of Rashford.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Rarely played up front.

Understand what you're saying and Jose appears to have no interest in developing young players - he's very much here and now (Having said that - probably why he's a winner !)

But , not sure Rashford isn't bedding in nicely coming off the left (He's basically a second striker)

Not sure he's an 'the up top striker to play solo - he'd do a reasonable job but think (Unfortunately) United are using him quite well

All opinions

24 minutes ago, Super said:

Bringing in Lukaku who will play up top instead of Rashford.

Wasn't Zlatan the main striker for most of last year? I think Rashford played as more of a wide forward/number 10. Mourinho has raved about Rashford so I can't imagine he'll be entirely marginalised

11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I hate Man Utd & everything about them, with a passion. I can't stand Alex Ferguson, but yes. Of course he was a cut above pretty much every other manager. What he achieved was beyond exceptional. 

The best manager ever, probably. Trust me, I say that through gritted teeth! 

Indeed, his track record speaks for itself.  

However, the way he achieved what he achieved is not something he could readily pass on in the way Liverpool managed through Shankley, Paisley, Fagan and Dalgliesh (trust me, I don't like them either).

Being able to bully and dictate terms to the authorities, the media and your players alike in the way he did required a unique pair of characteristics.

It is little wonder he won what he did but no surprise that the legacy could not be passed on to successive managers.  

I can respect what he achieved but not the way in which he achieved it.

9 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Indeed, his track record speaks for itself.  

However, the way he achieved what he achieved is not something he could readily pass on in the way Liverpool managed through Shankley, Paisley, Fagan and Dalgliesh (trust me, I don't like them either).

Being able to bully and dictate terms to the authorities, the media and your players alike in the way he did required a unique pair of characteristics.

It is little wonder he won what he did but no surprise that the legacy could not be passed on to successive managers.  

I can respect what he achieved but not the way in which he achieved it.

Which is why I respect his achievements, but can't stand him. 

I'd happy have such a bastard in charge of us, if we ruled the English league for over a decade though! 

I have no doubt whatsoever that he deliberately sabotaged the job for his replacement though, to keep his own legacy unrivalled. 

What he passed on was a shambles, compared to the immaculately tight ship & foundations for the future that he'd built up during his tenure. 

Archived