IGNORED

Media Officer Vacancy

MetzRed

Just now, EnderMB said:

You say it's not a lot of money (and it's not), but there are plenty of people working in similar jobs that are getting paid less than that. A lot of call centres also handle social media complaints for large accounts, and many of those guys are lucky to be pushing £18k. 

The big problem they'll face is getting someone that "knows" football, and has enough experience and rope to be able to do a good job of it.

True.

But you could argue that you never have to respond to supporters and just bull-shit the media.

:yes:

tfj

1 minute ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

True.

But you could argue that you never have to respond to supporters and just bull-shit the media.

:yes:

tfj

For a football fan, and hopefully one that isn't too worried about their job, you'd think that would be the fun part of the job!

Put a bit of personality into our social media dealings! Troll the fans a bit, throw our hat in the ring for Neymar, take the piss out of LJ a bit, engage in a bit of banter with the players, and we'll be on to a winner.

15 hours ago, MetzRed said:

Anyone looking for a career change...

http://www.mediargh.com/media-content-officer-vacancy-bristol-city-football-club-bristol

Media Content Officer Vacancy @ Bristol City Football Club (Bristol)

Salary: £21,000 - £25,000

Bristol City Football Club is looking for a Media Content Officer to deliver all content for their matchday programme and to assist in the development and delivery of all social media channels.

Bristol City Football Club is the largest professional football club in the South West, playing in the Sky Bet Championship at its newly-redeveloped home, Ashton Gate Stadium. Bristol City Football Club is part of a group of sports companies owned by Stephen Lansdown. The Bristol Sport Group also includes Bristol Rugby Club, Bristol Flyers Basketball, Bristol City Women's Football and Bristol Ladies Rugby. The group also includes Ashton Gate Limited which is the company that operates the venue.

We require someone who has ideally worked in a football/sporting environment in a similar role. We are looking for someone who has excellent written and verbal skills and who presents themselves professionally at all times. We are looking for someone who can drive passion and innovation in all areas of their work and represent the club with pride.

Main responsibilities:

• Production of content for club match day programme
  • Produce written news stories for the club's website on a daily basis
  • Conduct interviews in an audio-visual form for the programme and BCTV
  • Keep the club's social media channels up to date
  • Generate new ideas/concepts to keep the club's output relevant and exciting for fans
  • To act as media liaison and reporter on all football matchdays

This role is full time and requires you to work all football matchdays, home and away. This will include evening and weekend games during the football season. You are also required to drive the media vehicle, so a full clean driver’s license is essential.

Please click here to apply via the Bristol City Football Club careers website.

They missed out the most important part:

"We are looking for someone who is mates with Steve Lansdown or someone who already works at Ashton Gate"

17 minutes ago, Chivs said:

They missed out the most important part:

"We are looking for someone who is mates with Steve Lansdown or someone who already works at Ashton Gate"

You can't go though life thinking like this - you will eat yourself up and become like BigTone.

"Life is not fair", "especially at Bristol Sport".

tfj

Getting paid to watch City though and have a bit of a free hand to come up with some new ideas to drive content - 20 years ago I'd've given my right arm to do that job at that pay grade.

A lot of social and programme content is so banal it wouldn't take much to shake it up.

For someone in their 20s that's not a bad wage. Hopefully a City supporter gets it, people who are excited about what they do generally tend to do a better job.

8 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

You can't go though life thinking like this - you will eat yourself up and become like BigTone.

"Life is not fair", "especially at Bristol Sport".

tfj

Unk, your infactuation with me is flattering but also starting to get worrying at the same time. I know you hero worship me but really your cell mate will start to get jealous if it continues.

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A useful job for experience, next stage,. intermediate IMO- yes a lot of work for perhaps not the best wage, but skills and knowledge and contacts to be gained could be invaluable.

£21-25k could well be bonus related, the extra £4k dependent on output, performance, etc.

It'll be the salary band, if you're earning 22k and they want you, they'll offer you anything up to 25k

Benifits will be listed or shared with applicants separately- or at least they should be

10 hours ago, EnderMB said:

You say it's not a lot of money (and it's not), but there are plenty of people working in similar jobs that are getting paid less than that. A lot of call centres also handle social media complaints for large accounts, and many of those guys are lucky to be pushing £18k. 

The big problem they'll face is getting someone that "knows" football, and has enough experience and rope to be able to do a good job of it.

I'm sorry, and I really don't mean to sound arrogant here or offend anyone by complaining about the salary, but there is a world of difference between a call centre job and this role. Yes, call centre jobs do have to handle social media complaints as you say. But this seems more like running the entire social media channel, it mentions interviewing players and working on the entire digital side (website, etc). Not to mention the fact that the hours are probably long and there is a ****load of travel involved.

On the flip side, it's a cool as heck job. But doing something like that in the finance industry for example that could be doubled, and the rest.

20 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I'm sorry, and I really don't mean to sound arrogant here or offend anyone by complaining about the salary, but there is a world of difference between a call centre job and this role. Yes, call centre jobs do have to handle social media complaints as you say. But this seems more like running the entire social media channel, it mentions interviewing players and working on the entire digital side (website, etc). Not to mention the fact that the hours are probably long and there is a ****load of travel involved.

This. All day long. Sure you could get a graduate or somebody else to do it who's under-qualified, but to do this job well they will need at least 3/4 years under their belt across various digital/PR disciplines.

To put it into context I've just hired a 'social & content manager' for one of my teams (I have a 17yr long career in digital and digital marketing), the individual has 3.5yrs experience under their belt, their starting salary is £50k, and I wouldn't expect them to do half the stuff on this JD! Sure £50k is London weighting, but even without London weighting I'd probably pay circa £43k.

For the skills/experience required the role should be £45-50k at an absolute bare minimum. £21k is a total piss-take.

5 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

This. All day long. Sure you could get a graduate or somebody else to do it who's under-qualified, but to do this job well they will need at least 3/4 years under their belt across various digital/PR disciplines.

To put it into context I've just hired a 'social & content manager' for one of my teams (I have a 17yr long career in digital and digital marketing), the individual has 3.5yrs experience under their belt, their starting salary is £50k, and I wouldn't expect them to do half the stuff on this JD! Sure £50k is London weighting, but even without London weighting I'd probably pay circa £43k.

For the skills/experience required the role should be £45-50k at an absolute bare minimum. £21k is a total piss-take.

Spot on. 

They're not going to employ someone fresh out of Uni for this role - they'll need to have worked in sports journalism for a few years on a local paper, radio or the like.As I said, good opportunity for someone looking to leave the local bugle in their mid to late 20s but if they're looking to recruit someone who will hit the ground running in this job straight away then they're likely to be disappointed given the remuneration on offer.

For nine months of the year this person will be on the road pretty much, bye bye Christmas for starters. Does the salary reflect that? I'm really not sure it does.

Of course they will be inundated with CVs from sports fans who aren't qualified for the job, but those will be binned without a second glance.

I guess this job would mean covering first team matches  home and away and also the u21's or u23's whatever the age banding is now too. Lots of travel, long hours. For that money and hours I think it would suit a young person without commitment to family ( you don't see them) or mortgage ( can't pay it on that salary). 

35 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Spot on. 

They're not going to employ someone fresh out of Uni for this role - they'll need to have worked in sports journalism for a few years on a local paper, radio or the like.As I said, good opportunity for someone looking to leave the local bugle in their mid to late 20s but if they're looking to recruit someone who will hit the ground running in this job straight away then they're likely to be disappointed given the remuneration on offer.

For nine months of the year this person will be on the road pretty much, bye bye Christmas for starters. Does the salary reflect that? I'm really not sure it does.

Of course they will be inundated with CVs from sports fans who aren't qualified for the job, but those will be binned without a second glance.

Step forward Mr. Stockhausen in that case :P

36 minutes ago, RedM said:

I guess this job would mean covering first team matches  home and away and also the u21's or u23's whatever the age banding is now too. Lots of travel, long hours. For that money and hours I think it would suit a young person without commitment to family ( you don't see them) or mortgage ( can't pay it on that salary). 

Yes. The only snag is they want that kind of person but who also has a great track record in sports journalism. It's the old problem that they want someone who has the carefree lifestyle and low earning expectations of a young person but with the experience of a 40 year old. Can't have it both ways. 

1 hour ago, WessexPest said:

Yes. The only snag is they want that kind of person but who also has a great track record in sports journalism. It's the old problem that they want someone who has the carefree lifestyle and low earning expectations of a young person but with the experience of a 40 year old. Can't have it both ways. 

Very true. If you want quality you have to pay for it. 

The Rugby side of things are offering £50k (plus 'package' and bonus) for the Team Manager!  A job that involves:

• To have a full understanding of PRL, ECPR, RFU and World Rugby regulations and competition rules and other governing bodies as appropriate
  • To manage all match day requirements home & away and liaise with Match day officials
  • To be responsible for all team travel and accommodation requirements
  • To promote and foster a team culture where values such as: team organisation before self; hard work; service to stake holders; honesty; integrity and achievement are to the fore.
  • Establish effective systems and processes to manage and monitor the teams organisational and management requirements.
  • Ensure all players understand their contractual obligations to Bristol Rugby, including sponsors, promotions and community initiatives.
  • Ensure agreed team protocols and standards are lived by all team members through internal controls and reinforced by team management.

How are BS only offering £50k for that?

13 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

The Rugby side of things are offering £50k (plus 'package' and bonus) for the Team Manager!  A job that involves:

• To have a full understanding of PRL, ECPR, RFU and World Rugby regulations and competition rules and other governing bodies as appropriate
  • To manage all match day requirements home & away and liaise with Match day officials
  • To be responsible for all team travel and accommodation requirements
  • To promote and foster a team culture where values such as: team organisation before self; hard work; service to stake holders; honesty; integrity and achievement are to the fore.
  • Establish effective systems and processes to manage and monitor the teams organisational and management requirements.
  • Ensure all players understand their contractual obligations to Bristol Rugby, including sponsors, promotions and community initiatives.
  • Ensure agreed team protocols and standards are lived by all team members through internal controls and reinforced by team management.

How are BS only offering £50k for that?

because it's rugby?

Archived