IGNORED

Bryan or Flint?

Crossy

4.5 million for each of them and I would say that is good business by the club. No issues with either player but they are not Championship standard. Bryan has flattered to deceive. There cannot be any fan who would endorse this media view that he is one of the best LBs in the division. I am not sure what games people have seen when they say that. He has shown flashes but at his age he has shown woeful lack of consistency. Sadly he goes missing too often and he lacks consistency with his final ball.

Flint is good in the air but tell me really what else he brings - slow on the turn, positional play questionable. He is not a nasty player and thus I don't think we are hard enough in def.  Time to move players on at their peak when we can £ in. Thanks lads for the service but we need to be ruthless, which TBF I think we are now seeing.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

New poster...

It's pretty obvious ether Joe or Aden will be leaving, if not both. Just wondering what everyone thinks? 

Personally, I'd take the cash for Flint. Joe is a Bristol lad. Pretty rare these days. 

why would we sell them they under contract, therefore, the board should demand excessive fees or they stay

1 minute ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

why would we sell them they under contract, therefore, the board should demand excessive fees or they stay

Player power these days. I just think that one of them is likely to leave, so which be he would you let go? 

8 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

4.5 million for each of them and I would say that is good business by the club. No issues with either player but they are not Championship standard. Bryan has flattered to deceive. There cannot be any fan who would endorse this media view that he is one of the best LBs in the division. I am not sure what games people have seen when they say that. He has shown flashes but at his age he has shown woeful lack of consistency. Sadly he goes missing too often and he lacks consistency with his final ball.

Flint is good in the air but tell me really what else he brings - slow on the turn, positional play questionable. He is not a nasty player and thus I don't think we are hard enough in def.  Time to move players on at their peak when we can £ in. Thanks lads for the service but we need to be ruthless, which TBF I think we are now seeing.

I would argue they are both champ standard, as Ayling proved last season. I just want city to push on and wondering which out of Bryan and flint we could afford to lose. 

15 minutes ago, hodge said:

Johnson wants to play a specific way and full backs are a part of that, much harder to find a like for like replacement for Joe then Aden really. 

You won't find a centre half scoring hat tricks:whistle:

Being as we have more cover at cb would be more comfortable with AF leaving than JB. Would rather flint go somewhere like boro or derby than Birmingham though for a career progression point of view.

If only we'd tried that bit harder on the final day and relegated them 'arry would not have had a hope in hell of landing flinty.

On 03/08/2017 at 20:14, Crossy said:

New poster...

It's pretty obvious ether Joe or Aden will be leaving, if not both. Just wondering what everyone thinks? 

Personally, I'd take the cash for Flint. Joe is a Bristol lad. Pretty rare these days. 

Tots agree Crossy. Good left-backs worth having, IMO. Also he's a good age.

Is that Crossy from the Mirror? :P

Joe has the ability to improve more and become a far better footballer than Aden can or will.

Accordingly if we are to improve as a team I would say it is more important to keep Joe that Aden.

Linked in with which player you think we could lose without too much problem, will both play tomorrow do you think?

There is talk of Aden having his head turned, not so much being said about Bryan. With Baker suspended it appears Wright and Flint could be strongest pairing, I can't see him dropping Bryan out - but will Aden be focused enough to play?

1 minute ago, Flagon said:

Linked in with which player you think we could lose without too much problem, will both play tomorrow do you think?

There is talk of Aden having his head turned, not so much being said about Bryan. With Baker suspended it appears Wright and Flint could be strongest pairing, I can't see him dropping Bryan out - but will Aden be focused enough to play?

One thing I think you can be sure of is that Flinty will put in his normal 100% performance whether his head has been turned or not. If he doesn`t play I think it`s more likely that a deal is imminent and he`s not risking injury.

Rather loose Hegeler AND Magnússon than Flint ... Is this a controversial opinion?

If we are offered just 2 million, we may as well improve his contract and keep him for a few more years. 

But 6m! He gotta go. I just hope it is to a West Brom and not Brum City.

Archived