IGNORED

Bryan or Flint?

Crossy

Aden coming into his prime so as his contract runs down, his age goes up and value decreases. 

I'd take JB as has more potential at this stage of his career and could be worth a bit in the future.

I sound obsessed with making money here but as the game is nowadays it's par for the course!

I'd prefer them both to stay this season tho. 

11 minutes ago, Crossy said:

New poster...

It's pretty obvious ether Joe or Aden will be leaving, if not both. Just wondering what everyone thinks? 

Personally, I'd take the cash for Flint. Joe is a Bristol lad. Pretty rare these days. 

Agree-Flint has been unsettled so now is the time to cash it in...but only for £6mil plus addons..

If one is going I'd rather it was the one who commands the biggest fee. 

Both were shit all season according to many. Both are excellent and irreplaceable now they may be moving on. 

Personally I feel that after two straight relegation dogfights any rejuvenation of the squad should be seen as an opportunity to refresh and progress. 

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Just getting used to how to reply etc. 

Just buzzing for Saturday tbh. I'm pretty sure Baker is better than flint. Thoughts??

They both have different attributes dont they. Flint is an aerially superior and physical centre half who also has an attacking threat. Whilst Baker seems the more intelligent and better natural footballer with a couple of years on Flinty. Just my opinnion BTW

Cant really seperate the two as they both seem to have faults luke baker being seen as a volatile and Flint makes a few defensive blunders.

I'd lose Bryan over Flint any time. There are not many central defenders in this division in our price range like him! The lad is a terrific defender, who is dangerous at set pieces. 

There are plenty of Joe Bryan's...

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Both were shit all season according to many. Both are excellent and irreplaceable now they may be moving on. 

Personally I feel that after two straight relegation dogfights any rejuvenation of the squad should be seen as an opportunity to refresh and progress. 

I really really think this season could be decent - mid table.

We're just really bottom heavy, I think LJ has sorted out the defence. Just need a right winger?

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Why do you always talk such sense? Do you even understand OTIB? 

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I'd lose Bryan over Flint any time. There are not many central defenders in this division in our price range like him! The lad is a terrific defender, who is dangerous at set pieces. 

There are plenty of Joe Bryan's...

Very good point. Centre backs like Flint are really rare in the champ. I just want to get the debate going 

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I really really think this season could be decent - mid table.

We're just really bottom heavy, I think LJ has sorted out the defence. Just need a right winger?

Defence can't really be any worse than it has been for the last 2 years you'd hope. A pacy winger would be a nice addition and still think we're short a striker with Wilbs gone and Engvall seemingly not in contention.  

39 minutes ago, Crossy said:

New poster...

It's pretty obvious ether Joe or Aden will be leaving, if not both. Just wondering what everyone thinks? 

Personally, I'd take the cash for Flint. Joe is a Bristol lad. Pretty rare these days. 

And the forum gets ever stronger ... Welcome Crossy, and a cracking thread to start - though I've got to wonder whether you're the man in charge of off-loading one of them (are you LJ or Ashton?) and your trying to gauge supporter unrest before hand- clever move!!!

I'd sell Flint if he wants to leave for more cash, but only to a top Champ team or low end Prem team - no way I'd sell to the Brummies or another rival.

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

And the forum gets ever stronger ... Welcome Crossy, and a cracking thread to start - though I've got to wonder whether you're the man in charge of off-loading one of them (are you LJ or Ashton?) and your trying to gauge supporter unrest before hand- clever move!!!

I'd sell Flint if he wants to leave for more cash, but only to a top Champ team or low end Prem team - no way I'd sell to the Brummies or another rival.

I'm afraid not reddogkev (no idea how to tag people) thanks for the welcome!

It's going to be a disgusting transfer deadline day.  

38 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Welcome Crossy

Neither, but they are welcome to Johnson.

I ain't his biggest fan by the way.

Lesson 1 above - how to twist a thread in a few words, towards your own unrelated but particular  obsession. Watch and learn.

Alternatives involve mentioning favourite matches, actresses, breweries etc. We're easily distracted.

ooh look ..... squirrel!

9 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

He hasn't ....he's just tossed up between the two of 'em! :) 

(that reminds me Crossy, welcome btw, have you bumped into our Rudolph yet?)

Thanks for the welcome! Can't say I have met Rudolph. 

45 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Welcome!

How does it feel now you've lost your virginity?   :whistle:

42 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Liberating. I've been stalking for a season 

I can tell that you must be neither British or male. That's seriously long foreplay!

Oh, and welcome btw :-D

Archived