IGNORED

Easy peasy lemon squeezy

Robbored

You can only beat what's in front of you as they say and City played well against what will probably be one of the weakest teams we'll see all season.

City were far superior in every department, quicker to the ball, high pressing and four players stood out for me, Pisano, Bryan, Pack and Patto.

Shame about conceding that late goal but a very decent performance on the first game of a looooong season......

Just now, Ian M said:

Reid didn't. Two goals, 1 assist, constantly catching opponents in possession. Tough guy to impress.

I think it would be harsh to say anyone stood out. Frankie aside, as he didn't get a chance to shine, each of their performances would have been a candidate for motm most other games. 

1 minute ago, Ian M said:

Reid didn't. Two goals, 1 assist, constantly catching opponents in possession. Tough guy to impress.

All the City players did well but the four I mentioned caught my eye more than Reid did. Sure he bagged a brace, right place at the right time and all that. His industry didn't catch my eye as the others did.

43 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Oh Robbo... you don't half ruin the mood...

Poor Mrs Robbo when she wants a cuddle...

It's never just a cuddle with Mrs Robbo.........and I'm getting older........:facepalm:

43 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

All the City players did well but the four I mentioned caught my eye more than Reid did. Sure he bagged a brace, right place at the right time and all that. His industry didn't catch my eye as the others did.

Specsavers on Monday then !!!

:facepalm:

I thought it was a very good team performance , the only thing missing was a second half which at 3-0 is not a surprise.
FD did ok for a first start, Bobby continued his goal scoring form. Which shows , pick a man in form. MF 4 were good CBs were steady and FBs were both good. FF had nothing to do, and he did it well :shifty:

Could have scored more, and it was a shame to concede , but the win was everything. Played some good stuff, industry was good and football was expansive at times. You have to qualify that by Barnsley being bang average , but you can only beat what's in front of you.  
As first days go , a solid 8 or 9 out of 10. Even an ironic wee by LJ to the wiper botherers.

Archived