IGNORED

Ratings

old_eastender

From my viewpoint:

Fielding 6 - Competent, although not overly tested, good clean handling, distribution a bit better than usual too.

Pisano 8 - Very good game, most solid looking right back we have had in years.

Wright 7 - Solid, couple of good cut-out tackles

Hegeler 5 - Looked a bit dodgy in Centre Back position, against sharper opposition could have been exposed. Looked classy venturing into midfield though.

Bryan 7 - Decent game, created 3rd goal. Looked defensively sound too.

Pack 7 - Played very well, kept things ticking along nicely.

Smith 6 - Not quite as effective as Pack (not something I would normally expect to say) but decent display.

Brownhill 5 - Tried hard but a bit of a headless chicken at times, wasted a great chance to make it 4.

Paterson 7 - Very good link up play, good passing, did waste great chance at 0-0 but overall a key part of our attacking intent.

Reid 9 - Great display, chased everything down, made clever runs, scored 2 made 1.

Diedhiou 6 - Scored, held the ball well and played others in. Looked surprisingly slow off the mark thou, had two chances in second half where with a bit of pace could have been in on goal.

SUBS:

O'Dowda 6 -typical COD made several good mazy runs but then chose wrong option at the end of them.

Engval & Flint - only on for 10 mins.

Hegeler was ok . Won some aerial duels and lost some . If kept in he will get better . Interesting to see if Baker replaces him . Thought Diedhiou had a great League debut   and is a strong lad who links up play , definitely not a speedster 

I like Paterson, but how anyone can give him much credit for that game is beyond me. Both he and Brownhill will need to improve.

Hegeler had a few wobbly moments, but seemed to improve as the game went on. Was unlucky to be denied by Barnsley's MOTM - their goalie.

22 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I like Paterson, but how anyone can give him much credit for that game is beyond me. Both he and Brownhill will need to improve.

Hegeler had a few wobbly moments, but seemed to improve as the game went on. Was unlucky to be denied by Barnsley's MOTM - their goalie.

You display a clear lack of understanding.... there near passing is fundamental to our game....not to mention roles in lead up to goals.

1 minute ago, Londoner said:

You display a clear lack of understanding.... there near passing is fundamental to our game....not to mention roles in lead up to goals.

Must be a new season, a new leaf :P, couldn't agree more.  Both their performances (albeit not attention grabbing performances like Reid or Pack) were fundamental to the way we play.  There ability to play wide AND come off their lines are key to us getting men into position (with the ball) in the opposition final third!  Plus they create the space for the full backs to get on the overlap or create double-ups.  Paterson's little reverse pass for Reid to create Diedhiou's first for City are a simple example if that.  Glad you see these things @Londoner :clap:

Just now, Davefevs said:

Must be a new season, a new leaf :P, couldn't agree more.  Both their performances (albeit not attention grabbing performances like Reid or Pack) were fundamental to the way we play.  There ability to play wide AND come off their lines are key to us getting men into position (with the ball) in the opposition final third!  Plus they create the space for the full backs to get on the overlap or create double-ups.  Paterson's little reverse pass for Reid to create Diedhiou's first for City are a simple example if that.  Glad you see these things @Londoner :clap:

I just understand the game. Which others on here do not. Glad I'm not the only one

2 minutes ago, Londoner said:

No, I just disagree with you. Perhaps a bit less arrogance might be welcome. We all see games differently, as this forum shows.

Although I am of course very happy with three points, I'd certainly not give the extravagant marks awarded by many on this thread for 94 minutes of football which included a feeble and unfocused second half.

Personally I think Hegeler and Bailey Wright looked pretty good, OK there will be tougher tests but I thought they complimented each other Hegeler is great on the ball and bringing it out from the back and Bailey deals well with the aggressive side of defending. 

Hegeler will only improve in that position if given games and from what I saw looked promising. 

Fielding 7 cos he did the little he had to do well

Pisano. 8

Wright. 9

Hegeler.  8

Bryan. 8   

Paterson. 8

Brownhill. 7

Smith. 6

Pack. 9

Reid. 9

Diedhiou. 8

Where are all the apologies from those who said Reid was not up to it. Full of running and graft. Skilfull on the ball. Able to make a one touch pass and able to put the ball in the net. Can't wait to see him again. 

1 hour ago, WECANDO said:

Fielding 7 cos he did the little he had to do well

Pisano. 8

Wright. 9

Hegeler.  8

Bryan. 8   

Paterson. 8

Brownhill. 7

Smith. 6

Reid. 9

Diedhiou. 8

Where are all the apologies from those who said Reid was not up to it. Full of running and graft. Skilfull on the ball. Able to make a one touch pass and able to put the ball in the net. Can't wait to see him again. 

Very harsh on Korey, when we were playing the high press in the first half, he along with Marlon were key.

6 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

No, I just disagree with you. Perhaps a bit less arrogance might be welcome. We all see games differently, as this forum shows.

Although I am of course very happy with three points, I'd certainly not give the extravagant marks awarded by many on this thread for 94 minutes of football which included a feeble and unfocused second half.

Again clear lack of understanding. The game was won and they closed it out comfortably....very common for teams to dominante one half and contain the second.

It's not about disagreeing, it's about being wrong and not understanding.

38 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Agree with this (where you been)?.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I don't usually agree with you but Paterson in particular was outstanding. Always available and finding little pockets of space and picking out passes. 

2 minutes ago, Londoner said:

I just understand the game. Which others on here do not. Glad I'm not the only one

Not needed

Also think the original ratings a bit harsh on some players. Thought Hegeler was good though a bit shakier than I'd like from my CB. As said, better teams could hurt us. This is the beauty of having options though. At home against a Barnsley we can play a Hegeler where his qualities on the ball will shine a bit more as well have possession and the other team not having too much of a threat up front. Baker and Wright(assuming Flint goes) can play against the "bigger" clubs where we may not see so much of the ball. 

Thought Bailey Wright was class. What both CBs did was look forward and that had a big effect on our play especially first half. Wright though had a hell of a game back there defensively. Barnsley not much of a threat but class performance from our new captain. Was a big fan of his last season and for some reason I went off him a bit over the summer. Watching him again I remember why I rate him more as a defender than anyone else we have. Gives his all, intelligent and physical. If he was 6'3" he'd be playing a league higher imo. 

Really good day. Don't want to go overboard because I think Barnsley are very poor but we went out and done what we needed to do. Think we tried to see the game out more than add a couple more which I'm ok with as it gives us that real game time where we learn to manage the game a bit. Always want more goals though and would say we failed that test as they ended up scoring which took a little shine off the performance but a good one over the entire day. 

Fielding 7, Pisano 8, Wright 8.5, Hegeler 7, Bryan 8, Brownhill 7, Pack 9, Smith 7 Paterson 8, Reid 9.5, Diedhiou 7.5

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

I don't usually agree with you but Paterson in particular was outstanding. Always available and finding little pockets of space and picking out passes. 

Not needed

Also think the original ratings a bit harsh on some players. Thought Hegeler was good though a bit shakier than I'd like from my CB. As said, better teams could hurt us. This is the beauty of having options though. At home against a Barnsley we can play a Hegeler where his qualities on the ball will shine a bit more as well have possession and the other team not having too much of a threat up front. Baker and Wright(assuming Flint goes) can play against the "bigger" clubs where we may not see so much of the ball. 

Thought Bailey Wright was class. What both CBs did was look forward and that had a big effect on our play especially first half. Wright though had a hell of a game back there defensively. Barnsley not much of a threat but class performance from our new captain. Was a big fan of his last season and for some reason I went off him a bit over the summer. Watching him again I remember why I rate him more as a defender than anyone else we have. Gives his all, intelligent and physical. If he was 6'3" he'd be playing a league higher imo. 

Really good day. Don't want to go overboard because I think Barnsley are very poor but we went out and done what we needed to do. Think we tried to see the game out more than add a couple more which I'm ok with as it gives us that real game time where we learn to manage the game a bit. Always want more goals though and would say we failed that test as they ended up scoring which took a little shine off the performance but a good one over the entire day. 

Fielding 7, Pisano 8, Wright 8.5, Hegeler 7, Bryan 8, Brownhill 7, Pack 9, Smith 7 Paterson 8, Reid 9.5, Diedhiou 7.5

Bailey Wright was excellent all be it against a desperately poor attacking peeformance.

6 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Again clear lack of understanding. The game was won and they closed it out comfortably....very common for teams to dominante one half and contain the second.

It's not about disagreeing, it's about being wrong and not understanding.

One of the reasons I didn't miss this forum over the summer is having to read stuff by firmly on the spectrum types like yourself.

Anyway, I disagree with your analysis football genius.

Archived