IGNORED

Anyone notice flint

redmeanie

My guess at the situation:

He DOES want out, but he still loves us..

He's not getting any younger. Could he go to a "bigger" club? Of course the money (the guy is human)  but I think a part of him doesn't know. That's my guess.

All I know is the guy deserves a hero's welcome every time he sets foot back on the Asthon Gate pitch.

1 hour ago, WECANDO said:

Loved the guy to bits. Always gave 100% and willed the team on. But Hegeler and Wright look as though they can be even more effective. Both good on the ball and Wright surprisingly for a shorter guy, is damn good in the air. Cheers Aden and good luck.

Hegeler will be replaced by baker mate

13 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

With all due respect the agent is an employee of the player, so does as he is told, Flint must have instructed him?.

Wouldn't take anything for granted when it comes to agents, 99% are out for themselves and the money they get in transfers.

1 hour ago, WECANDO said:

Loved the guy to bits. Always gave 100% and willed the team on. But Hegeler and Wright look as though they can be even more effective. Both good on the ball and Wright surprisingly for a shorter guy, is damn good in the air. Cheers Aden and good luck.

Yay someone else who finally watches the subtle jostles of a CB! 

44 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Scariest thing for me was how well we played without him today. I'm not saying that we play bad when he's in the team, I just mean we didn't seem to miss him today :( 

It's a good thing really, try see it as a positive... as hard as that may be! 

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Wouldn't take anything for granted when it comes to agents, 99% are out for themselves and the money they get in transfers.

I hear what you are saying and I know that many footballers are a bit on the dull side, but I suspect that if Flint's agent is working against his wishes, he is a braver man than me Gunga Din.

56 minutes ago, Harry said:

Who ever said it was Flint 'wanting out'? 

The club have decided it's a good time to cash in on an asset at its peak, and think they can maximise value right now. 

Flint is not the one pushing for a move, trust me. 

Are you ITK then, because the spin from the club is that this is all led from Flint's side.

I feel for Flint a bit... as if Flint wants a new challenge or move closer to his or his mrs family.... then fair play.....but it will have to be a big bid as he did recently sign a contract extension.. I'm not so sure LJ saying his head has be turnt by his agent is that fair...

56 minutes ago, Harry said:

The club have decided it's a good time to cash in on an asset at its peak, and think they can maximise value right now. 

But surely if he doesn't want to move he has every right to say he's not interested and just carry on as a player with a 3 or 4 year contract.   When Leicester offered us 6 million for Nicky Maynard he just didn't want to go there, so he didn't.  We were a lot more desperate for the money then, especially as he only had 1 year on his contract, and we obviously got a lot less a few  months later when he went to West Ham.  I just can't see how we could be seen to be forcing him out, especially with that length of contract to run.

Having said that I think he will go and good luck to him, I also don't think he will be missed as much as many fans think.  When all is said and done the only loyalty a player has is to himself and his family/loved ones, and that's the way it should be.  This kissing the badge ritual is nonsense.  And its not a modern day thing either, the only players that are loyal to a club are the ones that aren't good enough to get a move for more money, or those that are totally happy with their situation and don't want to get out of their comfort zone (Louis Carey being a good example with his short stay at Coventry before getting homesick).

31 minutes ago, Danwal said:

Anyone notice we conceded with flint playing?!!!

Yep. But ,**** off. The man is an absolute legend. Along with his team mates and manager from the double year he will be welcomed home with open arms. 

9 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Yep. But ,**** off. The man is an absolute legend. Along with his team mates and manager from the double year he will be welcomed home with open arms. 

Yep beat off swindon and MK dons to win the league!!! Where are they now. 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Scariest thing for me was how well we played without him today. I'm not saying that we play bad when he's in the team, I just mean we didn't seem to miss him today :( 

Well i see this as a progression and a positive. We can not deny Flinters is a leg end for us but move on we need to do or he needs to do. It is sad but like when a player moves on there is no sentiment in this cut throat industry of football players. Whether we want him to go or not or he wants to go or not or his agent want him to go or not, we cant do nowt. Clubs, agents and players generally chase the buck or the necessary switch whatever. Sad but true. Anyway Aiden good luck son. Your commitment and approach to all City was professional. Good luck. 

1 hour ago, miketh2nd said:

I feel for Flint a bit... as if Flint wants a new challenge or move closer to his or his mrs family.... then fair play.....but it will have to be a big bid as he did recently sign a contract extension.. I'm not so sure LJ saying his head has be turnt by his agent is that fair...

If I want to live near to my family or my wife's family, I don't sign a 3 year employment contract elsewhere. 

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

If I want to live near to my family or my wife's family, I don't sign a 3 year employment contract elsewhere. 

Oh I completely agree and I was trying to think maybe he did it so we get a better sell on but...maybe LJ is telling the truth but also there isnt much loyalty with players anymore and I suppose for them is just seen as a promotion like in our day to day jobs.

4 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Yeah.because they were the only competition we had that year. 

P rick

Look I'm bitter, I had my first child that year and missed most that season. But it's horses for courses. Flint has done us proud but his limited and to sell now is good business. Did u think jevons or shoumnini were legends and shouldn't be sold when we went up with Johnson senior??? No because they did us proud but couldn't make the step up. Flint scores a lot of goals for a centre half but as a centre half he gets caught out. 

FWIW, I think the point about conceding when AF was on the pitch, while bluntly made, hints at something and also, is for my money, why he's off.

In partnership with Baker, I thought he was second best. In partnership with Wright, he was second best. Not the same as saying he was bad.

Hes been part of a bad defence for 2 years. There are other factors behind this as well, but I feel that for all AFs qualities, he plays in a bubble. This is why I don't see him as a skipper, and why I think he's off - when he plays well he plays well but he plays very well as Aden Flint, not as a cohesive unit because he's so focused on the self (again, not in a bad way). When you have that, without all the team aligned, and on the same page, you concede. There is evidence of this last year (e.g. Rotherham away). AFs got around that because in self, he is better than average at this level - but as a collective, he's worse than average - and I don't see that changing

2 hours ago, Harry said:

I guess you could say that Lee Johnson did when he said that Aden's head "had been turned" which implies that he's at least interested in exploring a move and fair play to him.

As for the club's decision- sounds pretty sensible to me. If that is the case.

Congratulations on becoming a father. I've got 2 and a grandchild and they will give you a life time of pleasure, unlike City!!

But you can surely recognise a footballer who loves our club as much as we do?

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Haven't several ITK posters confirmed that the agent made it clear some time ago that they wanted to explore other options regarding a better salary? 

Sounds like the agent shot his load too early and now Flint is facing a move he doesn't really want?

30 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

FWIW, I think the point about conceding when AF was on the pitch, while bluntly made, hints at something and also, is for my money, why he's off.

In partnership with Baker, I thought he was second best. In partnership with Wright, he was second best. Not the same as saying he was bad.

Hes been part of a bad defence for 2 years. There are other factors behind this as well, but I feel that for all AFs qualities, he plays in a bubble. This is why I don't see him as a skipper, and why I think he's off - when he plays well he plays well but he plays very well as Aden Flint, not as a cohesive unit because he's so focused on the self (again, not in a bad way). When you have that, without all the team aligned, and on the same page, you concede. There is evidence of this last year (e.g. Rotherham away). AFs got around that because in self, he is better than average at this level - but as a collective, he's worse than average - and I don't see that changing

Very perceptive imho.

The only thing I would say is that he helped Magnússon settle in his first few games, but I do think he is a player who needs to concentrate on his game.  That is why 1) he never wanted to be a captain and 2) no manager has asked him to.

That was the beauty of the 352 under Cotts - Ayling and Williams mark, Aden often the spare man.  Yes, I know Ayling went on his attacking sprees, but that was when we had the ball.

Baker was the leader (despite being younger) of them which allowed Pembo and Johnson to go back four.

How narrow were Little and Matthews last season? To protect Flint imho.

Ok, so I've really assassinated Flint here, but that doesn't make him crap, just highlights some weaknesses.  He was brilliant v Brighton away.  He scored goals, put his body on the line (very brace defender), and loves the club.

With Baker signed, the time is probably right to cash-in.  We have 5 CBs without him....Wright, Baker, Hegeler, Magnússon and Moore.  Both Vyner and Pisano can also play there.  Of course, perhaps it's Magnússon who leaving, or Moore, but SL has confirmed today that MA is waiting by the phone.

I'm sure whoever he goes to will get a good CB.  If it's Middlesbrough then I see Flint being part of a promotion winning side...fair play to him.  Birmingham, however, are about to get a rude awakening this season.  I hope he doesn't go there.  I personally don't have an issue if he goes to a Leeds or Wednesday or a Derby.  They are all bigger than us, and could be promo contenders.

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Haven't several ITK posters confirmed that the agent made it clear some time ago that they wanted to explore other options regarding a better salary? 

Sounds like the agent shot his load too early and now Flint is facing a move he doesn't really want?

Spot on mate. I`ve been saying this ever since this whole saga began. He set out to `explore his options`  and events have overtaken him. I expect his agent told him that the likes of Leeds and Boro would be beating a path to his door but that hasn`t happened and he is now left with alternatives, none of which he really wants.

5 hours ago, Float'n Over said:

Little unfair that.  From his manner and commitment after he came on I don't think he really wants to go but he is not a young player and a big contract offer now would not realistically be ignored by anyone.

I hope he stays mind, the grass is not always greener.  If he goes then wish him well.

All I hope is that if he goes he keeps his place wherever and does not become a bench warmer; that would do Flinty no good whatsoever even with a big money contract.

He already had one, until 2020. Maybe he'll get an extra year at Brum, but I cannot believe it's anything but extremely short sighted to go there. Leeds I could accept, Brum would be a sour move imo. 

11 hours ago, Harry said:

Does that mean that the conversation with his agent to which LJ referred didn't happen?

If so I would expect the agent to have told the media through the usual 'sources close to the player' that Flint didn't want a move. Otherwise he isn't doing his job.

12 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

If he wasn't so greedy he could stay if he wanted to. 

Maybe he'll stay anyway and he'll do the right thing by Bristol City.

Doubt it though. 

Don't give me the "he wants one big payday". He's already having a big payday. 

Fella walks into your work , offers to double your money for the same job , but you being a hero would clearly stay and take what your getting in a short career. 

Archived