IGNORED

Anyone notice flint

redmeanie

9 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

He's currently refusing to get back in the cupboard, so I'm not talking to him. 

You need to stop him looking at you and to look back at the cupboard.

He needs his head turned.

• Admin

What if an agent thought he'd undersold his client's worth when a contract was signed in December?

Might he have said to his client "I can tell your club there's clubs out there willing to significantly increase your earnings and we want to explore that in order for them to sit down with us and give us another deal. A deal I know they'll give you as you're their talisman". 

What if the club thought he was already on what they thought he was worth and called the agent's bluff and bought a replacement instead  

Might the player feel that he now has to move, against his will?

14 minutes ago, Ian M said:

What if an agent thought he'd undersold his client's worth when a contract was signed in December?

Then Flint needs a new agent, not a new club!

15 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Might he have said to his client "I can tell your club there's clubs out there willing to significantly increase your earnings and we want to explore that in order for them to sit down with us and give us another deal. A deal I know they'll give you as you're their talisman". 

What if the club thought he was already on what they thought he was worth and called the agent's bluff and bought a replacement instead  

Might the player feel that he now has to move, against his will?

I understand what you are saying, and I know transfer fees are a bit nuts at the moment, but they were all happy to sign the deal only 8 months ago. That's not a huge time for Aden to suddenly have developed into someone worth significantly more ( I'm guessing the money is significant or it wouldn't be worth the bother). I would argue if the deal has to be looked at this quickly did the agent act correctly in the first instance. Maybe he was too busy looking after Tammy!

On the flip side of this, say a player we signed is poor during his contract time ( we have plenty of examples here) can the club go to the player and his Agent and say we want to re-negioate his contract as we aren't getting value, well we all know the answer to that. So I can understand why the club would want to play hard ball here and would support them in doing so. 

Aden Flint will never be worth as much money as he is right now.

We're at the point where other clubs may be prepared to pay a large amount of money for him and simultaneously at the point where we're starting to question whether he's an automatic first choice in our team.

Only a sentimental fool would not be considering moving him on at this point. For the first time in a long time the people in charge at the club don't seem to fit that description.

He's a good defender but a limited footballer. If Johnson wants City to play a passing game then Flint is going to struggle. Other clubs who want to play a different way may get better use out of him than City would. They may well finish above City in the league as it's hardly unheard of for a team playing unsophisticated football to finish above one trying to play a passing game.

He was a wonderful servant during his time and if a move doesn't materialize then I'm sure he'll continue to give everything for City. Right now though it seems to make sense for every single party if he moves on for big money.

1 minute ago, BCFC_Dan said:

We're at the point where other clubs may be prepared to pay a large amount of money for him and simultaneously at the point where we're starting to question whether he's an automatic first choice in our team.

Only a sentimental fool would not be considering moving him on at this point. For the first time in a long time the people in charge at the club don't seem to fit that description.

He's a good defender but a limited footballer. If Johnson wants City to play a passing game then Flint is going to struggle. Other clubs who want to play a different way may get better use out of him than City would. They may well finish above City in the league as it's hardly unheard of for a team playing unsophisticated football to finish above one trying to play a passing game.

He was a wonderful servant during his time and if a move doesn't materialize then I'm sure he'll continue to give everything for City. Right now though it seems to make sense for every single party if he moves on for big money.

Exactly this is surely an integral part of the 5 pillars in action, I really don't see what the problem is.

10 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Perfectly understand this and would acknowledge we look more 'lumbering' with him. I thought Bailey Wright in particular shone on Saturday whereas he was overshadowed by Flint at times last season, and although Hegler did well I want to see BW paired with Baker to see if they suit each other.

The only thing that bothers me is that Flint seems to give Frankie a lot of protection, Frankie seems to need Flint and Flint Frankie. Against better opposition unless Frankie gets the same cover and builds up an understanding quickly it won't be without heart in mouth moments. That said there have been rumours in a change in keeper again for a while, but will that be too many changes all at once in defence

4 hours ago, hodge said:

We paid what 2.5m for Baker? If we at least double that selling Flint then it's a big win for the club. 

We don't really know. I believe Stockhausen claimed it was as low as £400k since Villa need to get players off the payroll due to FFP.

They are struggling to shift the ones they want out so could be getting a bit desperate. Before trying to backtrack, last week Bruce said they might have to sell players they want to keep.

He also said he didn't realise the financial position when he signed before again trying to backtrack.

Just now, chinapig said:

We don't really know. I believe Stockhausen claimed it was as low as £400k since Villa need to get players off the payroll due to FFP.

They are struggling to shift the ones they want out so could be getting a bit desperate. Before trying to backtrack, last week Bruce said they might have to sell players they want to keep.

He also said he didn't realise the financial position when he signed before again trying to backtrack.

Well £2.5m at most I'd imagine, the lower the amount the better for us. But really, spending the amount they did last year and not realising the situation they were getting themselves into...?

14 minutes ago, hodge said:

Well £2.5m at most I'd imagine, the lower the amount the better for us. But really, spending the amount they did last year and not realising the situation they were getting themselves into...?

Moyes said the same at Sunderland. A way for managers to deflect criticism I suspect.

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

I expect we wrote off a fair bit of the Kodjia add ons as well if we got him for 400k

Archived