IGNORED

Atmosphere today

Alan Dicks

34 minutes ago, RedM said:

Exactly how I found it too, but then again I'm sat in the same block (E29 in new money!). Did you find when our home fans were in the Williams, sorry Lansdown side of the Atyeo you could hear them much more than when they moved across to the Dolman side of the stand, their noise didn't travel down the side of the Dolman very well at all? I'm glad they have moved to the SS and they were loud in parts on Saturday.

I guess though once the game went 3-0 up it in a strange way killed the atmosphere, we sat back and so did the team. 

Exactly. I think where we sit the noise must just travel in certain direction. I used to love it when the EE were in that corner; walking up the steps near G Block in the Dolman seeing that packed pocket in the EE - the noise was tremendous at times.

First time I saw it was that first game after promotion vs QPR (Murray scored and wow that must've been a decade ago last weekend !) and I loved it ever since.

44 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

no

It is a shame that putting the livelier fans behind the goal wasn't the original plan. If it was up to me, I'd have home fans behind both goals ideally but that would need a different stadium design. I'd have away fans tucked away in a corner near the home end behind the goal.

I think it would give us a better advantage if we had a wall of noise behind at least one goal. I'm sure the players would appreciate it too.

I know that won't go down well so I await the abuse :thumbsup:

• Admin
13 hours ago, Judda said:

I sit e34 Colman (b block in old money)

Thought it seemed average. Rearly noticed the Barnsley fans but It'll be very different when the Atyeo is full ....

E34 is the old A block, agree it was a bit quiet in that area today, but equally there were times when it was fairly loud - but guess the sound doesn't carry that much

27 minutes ago, CityLew said:

The highlight of the singing was when the Rod Stewart lookalike started dancing to "There's only one Rod Stewart...!" :laughcont: 

Spike is a top bloke

On 07/08/2017 at 10:04, Phileas Fogg said:

It is a shame that putting the livelier fans behind the goal wasn't the original plan. If it was up to me, I'd have home fans behind both goals ideally but that would need a different stadium design. I'd have away fans tucked away in a corner near the home end behind the goal.

I think it would give us a better advantage if we had a wall of noise behind at least one goal. I'm sure the players would appreciate it too.

I know that won't go down well so I await the abuse :thumbsup:

I don't think the 'horseshoe' works that well, especially with the Atyeo being separate but will be interesting to see how it works with more voracious fans. I agree that home fans should be behind both goals, I was thinking on Saturday how much I missed the Atyeo, and would be happy to go back. I actually missed the S82 being in that corner too , it looked a bit dead.

On 07/08/2017 at 08:55, gl1 said:

I've often wondered how loud our lot sound to away fans. So was pleased to see this vlog from a Barnsley fan who looks like he stood far left of the atyeo.  Wind on to the 3 goals and you can really here how loud our fans are in between his unintentionally hilarious commentary. With the only mic being on his phone pointing towards him, not us, I'm pretty proud how  he has to almost shout to get his voice over the commentary. 

Great work boys and girls! Let's keep that kind of racket up all season,

Too easy too easy

Archived