IGNORED

The New Football League Show seems...dare I say it?

LondonBristolian

Apparently the QPR game was the match of the day and Cardiff are the dark horses. Although it's only the first week they managed to ridicule the idea that any of the teams in the top half of the table might be there at the end (apart from Sheffield utd). 

8 minutes ago, Midred said:

Apparently the QPR game was the match of the day and Cardiff are the dark horses. Although it's only the first week they managed to ridicule the idea that any of the teams in the top half of the table might be there at the end (apart from Sheffield utd). 

I got the distinct impression from reading comments on this forum that the show would be so much better with that Ulsterman at the helm. It was pants.

9 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Didn't even mention City !

Why should we warrant a mention. After all we scored more goals than anyone else. It is only fair that in those circumstances every other club is commented upon and we are simply ignored.

One thing that can be relied upon at the start of each football season is that Channel 5 will tinker with their presentation of the Championship and produce another load of absolute dross. Jeez, that focus on the contribution of John Terry in the one point Aston Villa obtained from their home match was embarrassing. They seemed to say he was at fault for the equaliser and he was slow and then said that he would be pleased with his performance!!!

1 minute ago, handsofclay said:

Why should we warrant a mention. After all we scored more goals than anyone else. It is only fair that in those circumstances every other club is commented upon and we are simply ignored.

One thing that can be relied upon at the start of each football season is that Channel 5 will tinker with their presentation of the Championship and produce another load of absolute dross. Jeez, that focus on the contribution of John Terry in the one point Aston Villa obtained from their home match was embarrassing. They seemed to say he was at fault for the equaliser and he was slow and then said that he would be pleased with his performance!!!

Only ever watch it if we win, but it was just as pants as ever.....and those awful well rehearsed "spontaneous" puns , give I strength !

24 minutes ago, Midred said:

Sheff United, because it's another team they can have a love-in with. So predictable. 

32 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I thought it was pretty much standard fayre for C5 football coverage. 

Murray commented about not too much talking and more action and then carried on talking........ffs.....

Give me Sky coverage anyday

Blimey you feeling brave tonight mentioning sky,some on here would have you hung for putting money into Murdoch's pocket 

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

I thought both shows were decent, Murray comes across as the decent bloke I think he is, Michael Gray was sound as well.

I honestly don't see what people are moaning about, were a small fish in the Championship, I thought people would have got used to it by now!.

Everyone assumes it should be the Bristol City Championship show with a few of the best bits from other games it seems. Colin Murray has to follow the script, but my impression was he was trying to get through the talkie bits as quickly as possible to get back to the football.

1 hour ago, Midred said:

No they said twice it was "the performance of the day", rightly pointing out how big a gap there was between the two teams last season, and they said how silly it is trying to produce a table after one game, where most teams are listed more by Alphabetical order than anything else.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Everyone assumes it should be the Bristol City Championship show with a few of the best bits from other games it seems. Colin Murray has to follow the script, but my impression was he was trying to get through the talkie bits as quickly as possible to get back to the football.

My assumption would be the team on top of the table also being the team who scored the most and in the game involved with the most goals (I think) would get some sort of reference in their punditry even if for only 30 seconds. 

By the time they've got through John Terry's Villa, "Arry's Brum, mad Mick's Ipswich, relegated premier clubs Boro and Hull plucky little Burton, new boys Bolton, sleeping giants Sheff United, unlucky play off side Reading, Ian Holloway's ( always good for a quote) QPR, Warnock's ( another always good for a quote - "I'm 60 61 612 63 64 me" ) Cardiff,  big spending and grand old giant club Wolves, etc. etc. then boring old Bristol City will always be at the arse end of the programme unless we are playing John Terry's Vila, "Arry's Brum etc. etc.

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

By the time they've got through John Terry's Villa, "Arry's Brum, mad Mick's Ipswich, relegated premier clubs Boro and Hull plucky little Burton, new boys Bolton, sleeping giants Sheff United, unlucky play off side Reading, Ian Holloway's ( always good for a quote) QPR Warnock's ( another always good for a quote - "I'm 60 61 612 63 64 me" ) Cardiff ( dark horses) big spending and grand old giant club Wolves, etc. etc. then boring old Bristol City will always be at the arse end of the programme unless we are playing John Terry's Vila, "Arry's Brum etc. etc.

Hopefully we do well this season so we can piss the media off.  Much as I loved Tammy it was annoying that most press were interested in the Chelsea loanee rather than anything else.  I guess we had our LJ puff pieces at the beginning of the season about Michelin starred kitchens etc but they soon dried up.

well **** the media and let's make them take notice of us.  COYR. 

Archived