IGNORED

Aden Flint - Badly Treated? (Too many merges to mention)

RaspberryRed

Just now, 'keepuplino' said:

Now you're slagging the club off? what has the club done wrong or have i missed something?

Whatever is going on I find all the sniping petty from within the club, deal with it behind closed doors and sort it professionally.

There seems to be a lot of snide comments placed in the public domain by the club and I think it's unnecessary. 

40 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Aeden I wouldn't want anyone to deny you a big money move but refusing to play. Just **** off

JMcA: "Aden Flint was picked in the starting XI...after a conversation with the gaffer it was decided to take him out of the team."

I had so much ''Man love'' for you but it's being eroded by the hour

Perhaps, just perhaps, what JMcA meant to say was: 

We had picked Aden to play tonight, and, as you can imagine if you knew Aden, he was mad keen as ever, but following a conversation with 'the Gaffer' - I hate that word - he suggested it might be best not to play him lest he get cup-tied or injured as we had received an interesting offer relating to his much talked about transfer.

Aden was most disappointed, but as has been typical with Aden since he joined the club, he took our decision with good grace and remained at the ground talking with fans young and old alike.    

Just now, RumRed said:

Whatever is going on I find all the sniping petty from within the club, deal with it behind closed doors and sort it professionally.

There seems to be a lot of snide comments placed in the public domain by the club and I think it's unnecessary. 

Surely the fans want the truth right? Their damned if they do, damned if they don't. 

What if Flint is being a dick? The truth is no one knows **** all!!

In my opinion Flint may well want a move (I'm not ITK) but he is not being a dick in public.  He's kept his own counsel, no twitter BS like Kodjia & Tomlin went through.  The club on the other hand are not looking too great with the way they've dealt with it.  LJ saying 'head turned'.  LJ joking he needs to make money as he won't be running a business and then JMc stating what he did tonight when he didn't have to comment.

As you say I have no idea what's going on but I still think the constant digs are classless.

30 minutes ago, ChubStixx said:

It really doesn't matter. He's been a top player for us ever since he joined. Won't begrudge him wanting to move on in order to earn more etc. 

if it's Birmingham then it will only be for more money there is no etc, he recently signed an extension to his contract so it cant be security, and Birmingham is definitely not a nicer place to live, and I would argue that they are not a bigger club than us, so it's money and there is nothing wrong in that.  

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

We had picked Aden to play tonight, and, as you can imagine if you knew Aden, he was mad keen as ever, but following a conversation with 'the Gaffer' - I hate that word - he suggested it might be best not to play him lest he get cup-tied or injured as we had received an interesting offer relating to his much talked about transfer.

Aden was most disappointed, but as has been typical with Aden since he joined the club, he took our decision with good grace and remained at the ground talking with fans young and old alike.    

"With all the much publicised transfer speculation surrounding Aden it was decided it was best all round if he didn't play tonight."

Couldn't be simpler could it?

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

if it's Birmingham then it will only be for more money there is no etc, he recently signed an extension to his contract so it cant be security, and Birmingham is definitely not a nicer place to live, and I would argue that they are not a bigger club than us, so it's money and there is nothing wrong in that.  

If it's not a prem club or Villa or Boro or Leeds (I suppose) then it's for the money...  He loved it here, the fans, that promotion side etc etc so yeah,   someone's offering him a big pay rise and there isn't much more to it really

39 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

We are Bristol City not Real Madrid

Our best players will leave us to go to bigger clubs

Thing is Bristol City will carry on like they always have done

Well this is true.

All but a handful of clubs- taking globally at all levels here- fail to keep stars..heard Liverpool accepted bid for Coutinho.

Also look at Monaco- understandable they cash in in some respects after such a great season. Seems the way of the modern game for better or worse.

Still, hope Flint stays and can be reintegrated into the squad.

8 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Agree.  Felt like Jamie's doing some of the media stuff to broaden his experience. Maybe that's what ideally he should have said.  I can see why LJ didn't face the press as he'd had been put on the spot about what was said.  Jamie could legitimately deny knowledge of the details even if he knew himself.

Sad to see Aden go, but exactly the kind of succession planning - getting in Baker - that the club need to do.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well this is true.

All but a handful of clubs- taking globally at all levels here- fail to keep stars..heard Liverpool accepted bid for Coutinho.

Also look at Monaco- understandable they cash in in some respects after such a great season. Seems the way of the modern game for better or worse.

Still, hope Flint stays and can be reintegrated into the squad.

We bought Baker. We've got Wright, Hegeler is proving to be a decent centre half. Magnússon is still here... NOT NEEDED  the money IS

10 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

He did speak to him!! JM clearly stated that

Whoosh!!!

Go back and read your post and my reply again.  You seem to expect LJ to telepathically know what Flint is thinking so should never have included him the team.  My reply is that unless LJ speaks to him - which we know he did from Jamie's interview - then he wouldn't know how Flint was feeling about playing tonight.

20 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

"With all the much publicised transfer speculation surrounding Aden it was decided it was best all round if he didn't play tonight."

That would, indeed, have been a simple response.

The point I wanted to make, though, was simply that nowhere in JMcA's interview did he say, or even imply, that AF had refused to play.

Unfortunately, some people pick and choose words to suit their own agendas. 

17 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

Agree.  Felt like Jamie's doing some of the media stuff to broaden his experience. Maybe that's what ideally he should have said.  I can see why LJ didn't face the press as he'd had been put on the spot about what was said.  Jamie could legitimately deny knowledge of the details even if he knew himself.

Sad to see Aden go, but exactly the kind of succession planning - getting in Baker - that the club need to do.

Perhaps LJ was involved in the signing of Eliasson's contract.

I sat about 3 rows behind flint tonight and he still seemed his usual self, sat between some coach/physio and packy- celebrated all the goals and was having a laugh with the rest of the squad. Yes he may want the move but I don't think the bloke is actively forcing it. To be giving him a hard time is extremely harsh imo. Always given his all in my eyes but now is the right time to sell for both parties, after the initial shock of him leaving, time to sell whilst stocks are high and reinvest in the future of this club.

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

That would, indeed, have been a simple response.

The point I wanted to make, though, was simply that nowhere in JMcA's interview did he say, or even imply, that AF had refused to play.

Unfortunately, some people pick and choose words to suit their own agendas. 

Absolutely right Phil, and from everything we've seen of Flint over the years such a refusal would be extremely out of character.

Personally I think there's next to no chance Flint would refuse to play for BCFC.

37 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I feel Jamie is still very naive in front of the media, I remember the Radio Bristol interview in the summer when he gave away more than he should have.

I think tonights game was a bit of work experience for him. Clearly he is being groomed for the job in the future.

People who saw my post on the match day thread will see I spoke to the person next to me about transfers.

He seemed certain that Flint was off (as well as that Vassell would join).

He said after the Barnsley game (I think he said Barnsley, may have been Twente- crowd noise picked up briefly) his son (youngster- 8 or 9 I think, but has met Flint a lot, think they go to away games a lot, anyway I digress) asked Flint if he was leaving. 

Flints response was "looks that way" I am told other people had been asking as well but were getting non committal answers.

Bloke next to me's son waited until everyone had cleared post game and waited by Flints car to thank him for his time here.

^as was told to me earlier.

May be it was the agent and our hierarchy just protecting their asset.

If he had played against Plymouth and got seriously injured, with potentially no deal sorted and perhaps no decisions made yet about leaving anyway (a) would be we would have lost a key player in a cup game (b) major transfer fee, higher salary and agents fee/commission all down the tubes.

If someone said to me this afternoon I may offer you £30,000 next week for your 7 year old car,  I might just have left it in the garage until next week.

Why's the club recently chosen to pull this kind of stunt?

Kodjia, Freeman and now Flint. I've not known this club before to really hammer players as if they're ******* us over. 

I find it cringeworthy, tinpot and pathetic. 

If a pillar is to bring in young players and move them on for more money let's stop throwing them under the bus when these successful moves arise as we have done in the past 12 months. 

1 minute ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Why's the club recently chosen to pull this kind of stunt?

Kodjia, Freeman and now Flint. I've not known this club before to really hammer players as if they're ******* us over. 

I find it cringeworthy, tinpot and pathetic. 

If a pillar is to bring in young players and move them on for more money let's stop throwing them under the bus when these successful moves arise as we have done in the past 12 months. 

Common theme emerging here, Kodjia, Freeman and it now appears Flint refusing to play in order to force a move.

Just now, Up The City! said:

Common theme emerging here, Kodjia, Freeman and it now appears Flint refusing to play in order to force a move.

Or maybe it isn't true? Seems odd that this hasn't happened as often in the last 12 months as it has in as long as Ive watched this club. 

Don't get me wrong, footballers may now be playing this to their advantage, my opinion is this is a poor tactic being utilised by someone within the club. 

Let's not forget Freeman was refusing to play despite the fact he was told he wouldn't play until he made his mind up on our contract just a week or so before. 

Difficult one as he is one the most loved players to ever don the jersey. The question is Aden leaving for a bigger club in Birmingham City I think not but to stand in his way after the passion and quality this guy has given this club for four years and proved himself from non league to top championship defender is staggering. We all want him to stay but money talks not only in wages for Aden but the transfer fee for reinvestment for Bristol City football club.

Aden if you do leave good luck buddy wish you all the success in the world #Legend

2 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Or maybe it isn't true? Seems odd that this hasn't happened as often in the last 12 months as it has in as long as Ive watched this club. 

Don't get me wrong, footballers may now be playing this to their advantage, my opinion is this is a poor tactic being utilised by someone within the club. 

Let's not forget Freeman was refusing to play despite the fact he was told he wouldn't play until he made his mind up on our contract just a week or so before. 

I think Jamies body language gives away a lot, bitting his lip, rolling his tongue and gulping, tone of voice also changes when asked the question about Flint. Clearly feels uncomfortable answering the question and it's clear he knows more than he's letting on, but if we consider your scenerio where the club is effectively making it up, I doubt we would have seen this type of body language from Jamie, he would have been more pro active trying to sell a story.

God I despise all these stories of people creating problems within the club. As if football managers, coaches etc haven't got better things to be doing than playing silly little games.

Your right it is a more recent thing, but traditionally very few players over the years have gone on to do better things. Bristol City has usually been the peak of someones career. We have been happy to pay top dollar for players and then their careers fizzle out here. 

As a club we have changed our mindset and approach to buying and selling players over the past two years. 

The fact clubs bigger clubs are willing to buy the players we invested in shows this system is working. Players like Flint can throw their toys out of the pram as much as they want but until a club agrees to pay the price we demand they aint going anywhere.

12 minutes ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Difficult one as he is one the most loved players to ever don the jersey. The question is Aden leaving for a bigger club in Birmingham City I think not but to stand in his way after the passion and quality this guy has given this club for four years and proved himself from non league to top championship defender is staggering. We all want him to stay but money talks not only in wages for Aden but the transfer fee for reinvestment for Bristol City football club.

Aden if you do leave good luck buddy wish you all the success in the world #Legend

I dont think anyone is standing in his way. I think everyone understands that at Flints age he does want a pay day to set him up for life, even LJ said that. However, he remains our player, with a long contract and we are not going to sell him on the cheap just because he's kissed the badge.

I'm a Bristol City fan, not a Aden Flint fan, I want us to squeeze every last penny out of any potential buying club.

Id be livid if the club accepted a below market value deal just because he's been a loyal servant to us. 100% i back the club on holding firm.

The ball is in our court here, we do not need to sell, we do not need the money. We have created a situation where we can't and wont be held to ransom. We have Aden tied down for 3 years, maybe he shouldn't have signed a new contract if he wanted to move on? 

Aden needs this move right now, if he doesn't move now his stock will diminish rapidly. We can happily let him rot in the reserves as we Have id argue better players already on our books.

If a move doesn't materialise he has no option but to pull his socks up and play for us as otherwise his own career will suffer. We hold the cards here, not him.

If that is the case then just like Kodjia his parting gift will be a fine for two weeks wages. 

A very disappointing end. 

Every player gets to handle his own exit from this club. Some are classy and ensure the status they deserve. 

Others classless and leaves a nasty taste. 

Always thought Flint would be classy but No no no... That doesn't appear to be the case. 

Notwithstanding the truth of course and me jumping to conclusions. 

Stevo

Archived