IGNORED

Next Round Draw

Redmycolour

11 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

We are obviously up for it against Rovers, felt they outsung us in 06/07 at home (they drew I think) but we outsung them in 13/14.

I couldn't hear them from the Atyeo in 2007 just like I couldn't hear them from the same stand at the JPT match in Jan 2002 and the Christmas Derby Dec 2000.

In 2013 I couldn't hear the ***** and I was stood right next to them across the netting in the Eastend. Most of them looked terrified, obviously they haven't been used to that sort of atmosphere in the last couple of decades.

11 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Are Rovers liable for the petty damage those jealous minded ***** are likely to inflict at AG ? Also presumably City would pick up the police bill.

Would they also get a share of gate receipts?

All in all I would personally be happy to see them sunk without trace and for that reason I don't want to have City share the same pitch with them ever again.

I accept I hold the minority view !

I share the same view.

Its a no win fixture for us these days and has been ever since our owner started pumping money into our club.

After we beat them 2-1 in 2013 they were all over social media celebrating the fact that we only beat them by 1 goal after we'd spent billions upon billions of pounds on players blah, blah blah.

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I share the same view.

Its a no win fixture for us these days and has been ever since our owner started pumping money into our club.

After we beat them 2-1 in 2013 they were all over social media celebrating the fact that we only beat them by 1 goal after we'd spent billions upon billions of pounds on players blah, blah blah.

Ah, cummon, Dont you always enjoy a local derby.  They hardly ever win anyway.  Current city team would give em one helluva stuffin.

6 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I think we are so quiet, even the sags would probably out sing us.  Cant understand why our fans are so quiet really compared with other clubs.

Been supporting City for 50 years now and have always been disappointed with the noise we make.  We seem to sing much more away from home.

I don't know if this is the same at other clubs but we seem to have a lot of elderly fans.

Don't want to generalise of course, but in my experience those standing up and singing aren't of retirement age.

Even so, it's not that bad at AG. I'd say we're far better than average actually. On it's day, Ashton Gate can be up there with the best in my opinion.

7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I couldn't hear them from the Atyeo in 2007 just like I couldn't hear them from the same stand at the JPT match in Jan 2002 and the Christmas Derby Dec 2000.

My first Bristol Derby was 07 and I was in the Williams. They did outsing us that day but the result was far better for them than us.

In 2013 I couldn't hear the ***** and I was stood right next to them across the netting in the Eastend. Most of them looked terrified, obviously they haven't been used to that sort of atmosphere in the last couple of decades.

Yep we definitely outsung them in 2013. Great atmosphere that night.

So we are even obsessed with them prior to a 2nd round draw possibility that is such a long shot that it is really not worth thinking about. Perhaps we ought to 'worry' about our main aim the League not Willy Wonker and his football factory debacle and the possibility of beating them at their place that I understand is going to be their home for the foreseeable, Ahh the thought :facepalm:  

9 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I'm sure I heard them muttering some song about a 'stadium' they'd just 'got'...

10 minutes ago, I'm Sparti-Bob said:

I'm sure I heard them muttering some song about a 'stadium' they'd just 'got'...

Actually you're right. On the few occasions that did try and make some noise there was that garbage about Irene and the 'we've got our stadium song'...that was it.

Bradford made more noise with less than half the fans a few weeks earlier.

To be fair to the Gas, they were right, they DID have their stadium and still do. Not sure why they were boasting about this shithole though :yawn:

IMG_4763.JPG

Just now, weepywall said:

Swansea away as long as they rest their star striker !!!

Nah I fancy us winning 4-3 with Tammy getting a hattrick for them ..... only for the selfish reason I have him in my fantasy team and a hattrick may see him played more regularly in the league.. :fear:

Really cannot see the appeal of playing the Gas . It's not our fault there are no derbies. If we draw them, it's everything to lose NOTHING to gain. I can hear them now...

well, you should beat us

it's only the cup

2-0 but we were the better team

etc crap etc crap etc

11 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Really cannot see the appeal of playing the Gas . It's not our fault there are no derbies. If we draw them, it's everything to lose NOTHING to gain. I can hear them now...

well, you should beat us

it's only the cup

2-0 but we were the better team

etc crap etc crap etc

Umm - we can't draw them anyway.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Bournemouth away would be good. Good distance away, good town and a chance to see how far away we are the type of team we're looking to emulate.

Strange that, one of the blokes I manage supports Bournemouth and he told me today he thought they'd get us at home. Shame really as we'll both be 5000 miles away that week.

If they thumped us he'd be coming back in pleb class on the worst airline I could find, and via Tashkent or some other craphole, and with an overnight stop.

8 minutes ago, Posset red said:

If we drew rovers which is impossible they would never sell out they couldn't even sell out the old east end to scared total embarrassment club

Of course they'd sell out

16 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

Strange that, one of the blokes I manage supports Bournemouth and he told me today he thought they'd get us at home. Shame really as we'll both be 5000 miles away that week.

If they thumped us he'd be coming back in pleb class on the worst airline I could find, and via Tashkent or some other craphole, and with an overnight stop.

Would be a very good test. They obviously would rather focus their efforts on the league so there's a chance we could beat them I think. They seem to sign similar sorts of players to us and we clearly try to emulate them/Stoke a bit I think.

Archived