IGNORED

Bryan Knock?

Port Said Red

when asked why they didnt play tuesday, didnt jamie mac say hed been rested and would play saturday whereas flint was withdrawn. i dont think joe will go anywhere just yet ,hope not anyway unless its up a league,id be more than happy to see him get a chance at southampton or bournemouth. this could be a massive year for him and bobby reid, confidence is /was a huge factor in how they perform,lets hope it stays up this year.

17 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

352 and 523 are the same to me.

Agree

You have wingers or wingbacks that need to do a lot of running and 3 CBs. 3 central midfielders and 2 strikers. As for who would play wingback it would be Callum O'Dowda. Not a natural defender but can do a job and would have Baker and Wright(the central organiser) helping him out. He has the natural feel for playing out wide and has the work rate to pull it off in a one off game imo.

Or have an absolute 'mare.  You are guessing though.  Playing out wide (LW/LM) and playing LB or LWB are very different. Some players can of course bridge the differences.

Could even start Diedhiou on his own if you wanted the extra central midfield player like we do in the 442.

No, I just want 442, like we've done since April :P

It still comes down to Mags not really for me fitting into that wingback type role in a 4.

What do you mean "wingback role in a 4"?  Do you just mean overlapping when he gets the chance.

If Joe was to miss May just have to throw kelly into it.

We have better options than just "throwing Kelly" into it.

Rough environment to do that in but a more natural forward player by the looks of him. 

Admire you thinking that we will play so expansively away from home.  Can imagine LJ asking his full-backs (inc Bryan if fit) to "stay at home" in the opening 15-20 minutes.

You've not convinced me that Kelly, O'Dowda or 532 is the right thing for Brum away.  Feel free to use the "bin icon" on this post on Saturday at 14:00 when the team is announced.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Fair enough Dave. Basically just don't like our options after Joe at the moment. Or don't trust them to do as good a job at the moment. 

Think O'Dowda would be the most natural fit for LWB outside of Joe why I went for him. Similar to Victor Moses playing WB for Chelsea. Not ever played it but had attributes that could make him successful there if need be. 

Think our fullbacks play more like wingbacks from what I've seen so far. Very high up the pitch and an integral part of the attack similar to a wingback in a 3. It is more of what fullbacks do these days but I've never known ours to do this effectively. Scares me a bit that our backup for Pisano and Bryan are two very young players who aren't quite the attacking threat. One major injury could really see us have to change our game plan. 

Archived