IGNORED

QPR will not take part in £25:00p reciprocal ticket deals

Never to the dark side

6 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Doing it for away fans makes more sense because they have disproportionately high costs and are often the most loyal. It costs less to do because numbers are lower, you reward those most deserving and you get the best bang for your buck in goodwill. It's a tiny cost in comparison to everything else. 

Accepted, but it still leads to the situation where home supporters end up paying more than the opposition fans.

9 hours ago, Nibor said:

Of course it's the point.  It's a club asking if another club would like to do something that mutually benefits both sets of fans, and the other club saying no, screw our fans.  It's not a demand, it's a reasonable and sensible request.  By turning it down they show contempt for their own fans.  Not really a surprise in QPR's case, twas ever thus.  

What if a Prem club who don't rely on ticket sales income urged us to charge a tenner for every game.  Should we agree if our supporters club wanted it?

Clubs must be able to set their own pricing without fetter from other clubs.

16 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

What if a Prem club who don't rely on ticket sales income urged us to charge a tenner for every game.  Should we agree if our supporters club wanted it?

Clubs must be able to set their own pricing without fetter from other clubs.

Your question makes little sense.  For a Prem club to be able to propose a reciprocal tenner deal for away fans to us we'd have to be in the Prem.  In which case I'd say great, the more away fans at both fixtures the better.

I think you might have misunderstood what's being proposed if you think there's any kind of fetter here.  It's a very simple proposition:  Help our away fans out with the substantial burden they already face getting to a game and we'll do exactly the same for yours.  

19 hours ago, Leveller said:

Looking at it more objectively, no doubt each club has management accountants who sit down each year and work out a budget, to determine players wages etc. That would be based on all income including projected match income comprising X seats sold at £Y pounds. 

It might benefit fans of both clubs to sell away tickets cheaper, but if they could afford to do that, it would be a better idea to reduce home fans prices, not away fans surely. That would be a direct benefit to the clubs fans instead of an indirect one.

All the reactions so far seem knee jerk. Consider pricing in the bigger picture. If this deal was extended to all matches (as you may favour) it could have a major budgetary impact. Yes of course we'd all like all tickets to be cheaper, but that's a different and bigger argument.

Adult tickets are £28 or £34 for away fans according to this link

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/loftus-road-stadium-queens-park-rangers.html#aticket-prices

So £25 is a reasonable drop in the central tickets in the School End, say a thousand people (central block is the higher price) paying £9 less or £9k a game; take this to 23 games and you have £207k down on the season; that's if they're selling them all out.  It's a lot of money for any club outside the Prem's trough of TV money.

So I see QPR's point but as someone who has always been to more away games than home games I'm with the traveling fans. You have a long day traveling, train tickets are extortionate, and you as the away fan are providing a huge chunk of the atmosphere in the ground.  To find yourself paying a set £25 at least caps the pain and also will mean more sell-outs.

I think they should reconsider; though I don't regard them as "vermin". I've always liked QPR as a friendly little team like Fulham sat amongst the loadsamoneys in London.

Archived