IGNORED

The Official Birmingham City v Bristol City Match Day Thread

Just now, tinman85 said:

One defeat is one defeat. We have a dire record against them. Big game on Tuesday to see how we react. Baker for me has to start away from home. No nonsense and more of a battler than Hegeler. What it did show when the two wide lads went off was how weak we are in central midfield. Still lacking a driver in there. 

Agreed 100%! 

28 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I thought the CM was good

Pack ran his socks off, quality with Korey

Just thought the substitutions didn't pay off as the goal came down our right side - brownhill was solid before he came off 

Yes he ran his socks off, but was guilty of some incredibly casual misplaced passes especially in the first half putting us in danger, he switched off in the very first minute of the 2nd half and it nearly cost us a goal, twice he fired a ball into a defender on the edge of the box and whilst was jumping up and down appealing for handball the player took the ball past him setting up counter attacks and once for some bizarre reason he ran from the halfway line trying to chase down a total lost cause, resulting in a quick ball over the top and another breakaway with a missing midfielder which Brownhill and Patterson failed to spot.

As good as he was last week and he was excellent, today this was a BCFC performance akin to far too many of last season and Pack for me was the epitome of that performance.

Pisano and Bryan looked good, Smith was excellent possibly man of the match.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung
16 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

One defeat is one defeat. We have a dire record against them. Big game on Tuesday to see how we react. Baker for me has to start away from home. No nonsense and more of a battler than Hegeler. What it did show when the two wide lads went off was how weak we are in central midfield. Still lacking a driver in there. 

Yes, we are too easily overpowered or bypassed. Some power in there would help but no sign LJ thinks so.

Seems to me we have just got used to not picking up points away and I'm not confident we have the wherewithal on or off the pitch to change things.

27 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

We can't just disregard the issues from last season. It's largely the same group of players and the same manager. It does seem to be a bit of a recurring issue with our side under Johnson.

Completely disregard, no.

But there are new faces. We are playing a different system to (most of) last season and a different style.

To automatically assume the issues are there because it happens one time is equally as foolhardy.

10 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I feel sorry for him. You can see his a good player but lack confidence and matchtempo

He's got the traditional winger attributes like speed and agility but he never ever produces. It's been a year now and he should be doing far more than he actually is. Confidence can't be an excuse for much longer.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Robin Goch said:

He's got the traditional winger attributes like speed and agility but he never ever produces. It's been a year now and he should be doing far more than he actually is. Confidence can't be an excuse for much longer.

We sold Eliasson to Norrköping for £100,000 less than a year ago. It's all about confidence and trust. Over a period of time.

• Like 1

I love watching city and had a great time last Saturday and will have a great time Tuesday.

That said even I can see we've made no progress over the last 3 years. It's not doom and gloom it's just stating the obvious.  Now Tammys gone i cant think of one player who would command a place in the starting 11 of a top 3 Championship side. There isn't a single player who would be in a premiership squad. It's quite clear there is no real desire to push on, which is fine.  If Lansdown can balance the books and make our club secure for future generations then that's okay.

Edited by 054123
Can't stop the feeling.
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, 054123 said:

I love watching city and had a great time last Saturday and will have a great time Tuesday.

That said even I can see we've made no progress over the last 3 years. It's not soon and gloom it's just staying the obvious.  Now Tammys gone u can think of one player who would command a place in the starting 11 of a top 3 Championship side. There isn't a single player who would be in a premiership squad. It's quite clear there is no real desire to push on, which is fine.  If Lansdown can balance the books and make our club secure for future generations then that's okay.

You are the proud recipient of my first ' rubbish ' comment .

• Like 3

Honestly, we are two games into the season. If we had won to day it would be ridiculous to over optimistic. We lost it's disappointing but the season has hardly started. It's a bit early to big us up or write us off. You need at least 5/6 games to have any idea how things are going and really at least 10. 

• Like 5