IGNORED

The official Brentford FC v Bristol City FC match day thread

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Simply unbelievable to witness. Being torn apart down both flanks and through the middle.

They are just better than us all over the pitch. This is a good championship side, not a bottom feeder. 

Yes but we're winning and the secret of a successful team is to win matches against the odds.  Brentford must be climbing the walls in the dressing room.  

Great strike by Brownhill, but him Patterson, Reid and Diedhiou need to take better options, Reid and Diedhiou’s first touch is so far poor.

Although playing OK Pack’s yellow card is a worry because you know the chances are he will commit another foul at sometime.

We are sitting far too deep, I would consider O’Neil for Patterson at halftime to shore up midfield.

Baker and Wright so far superb.

Fielding has made some good saves but is a nightmare with the ball at his feet.

We need that 2nd goal.

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Yes but we're winning and the secret of a successful team is to win matches against the odds.  Brentford must be climbing the walls in the dressing room.  

Still unbelievable to witness. Our only hope is that they've burnt themselves out.

Just now, Squire Dastardly said:

Seems to me we are playing in the same way that Birmingham played us a couple of days ago. Maybe we have learnt something. Hang in there, play it tight and let them run themselves ragged.

Exactly. They'll be in the dressing room right now thinking "How are we still 1-0 down??" and that frustration could play right into our hands. Go out fresh for the second half, maybe with a change, maybe not, and frustrate them even more by keeping more of the ball. Fingers crossed and all that.

I watched the last 20 minutes online. Wish I didn't, it wasn't good viewing!

We're not defending from the front, need more from Famara and Bobby to drop back in. We couldn't keep the ball, far too many aimless balls down the flanks to no avail. 

Just need to be calm when we're in possession.

4 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

Exactly. They'll be in the dressing room right now thinking "How are we still 1-0 down??" and that frustration could play right into our hands. Go out fresh for the second half, maybe with a change, maybe not, and frustrate them even more by keeping more of the ball. Fingers crossed and all that.

Admire the optimism, but if we're as under the cosh as it sounds, it's a matter of time. That would be my bet for a half time team talk. Keep doing what you're doing lads.

3 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Just googled it. One yellow card in one game and then another yellow card in the next game equals a one match ban.

Pack won't play against Millwall if I'm right...

Surely thats not right.

Just now, Lew-T said:

I watched the last 20 minutes online. Wish I didn't, it wasn't good viewing!

We're not defending from the front, need more from Famara and Bobby to drop back in. We couldn't keep the ball, far too many aimless balls down the flanks to no avail. 

Just need to be calm when we're in possession.

Any links please?

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Doesn't hide the fact that the first 45 minutes have been crap and we should be 5-1 down. That's how we've played so far.

if it was down to me - and I think we can all be thankful that it is not - I  would change shape. Either Hegeler as a 3rd cb or sitting deep in a midfield three. That would reinforce the middle and allow the full backs to defend the flanks a bit more. Individually I think we are doing okay but, as a system, players are getting exposed too much...

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Teams have to score in those periods of relentless pressure. Rarely lasts, momentum usually evens out.

Hopefully we've ridden the storm now. 

Not if we don't change our tactics, or personnel, I fear.

Archived