IGNORED

The official Brentford FC v Bristol City FC match day thread

Septic Peg

10 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Iceland got organized enough to beat.. We looked like headless chickens playing BRENTFORD

Apart from being a little odd at times, and I mean that kindly, you dismiss Brentford somewhat pf being a poor team, they are not, and I thought at least you might have known that. I repeat they had lost two on the bounce, last one at home, if you know anything about football this was a tough fixture for us.

So it was and we got a point, sorry if that upsets you.

22 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Where has anyone said that? Nobody has picked you up on anything you have said other than Brentford are a poor side. All I want to know is your thinking behind that? If you can show me at any point where I have mentioned anything to do with that you think it's not got any better this season please feel free to quote it? 

It's not a lot I'm asking for, you have made a statement that anyone who follows the championship is going to think is strange all I want to see is your thinking as to why you believe that one of the Better sides in this division over the past 3-4 years are suddenly poor. 

I think you have just spouted it based on nothing more than them being Brentford and you have offered absolutely no reasoning as to why as of yet it leads me to believe that you have no reasoning. 

If you had come out and said, well they have lost some players and I don't believe that they have bought well, at least your point would make sense (it would still be slightly left field, as they haven't lost anyone of note and have brought in some good players) but at least it would make some sense. 

Am I right in thinking Brentford have the best championship home record of 2017 (or at least that they did going into the last day of last season?) They have started slowly and are prone to defensive errors but I can't see them finishing outside the top ten, and can easily see them a bit higher...

10 hours ago, cynic said:

Or analyse every bloody move of every player for every feckin goal conceded.

Then give their opinion of where LJ went wrong with the line up and substitutions.

Funny it only happens AFTER we concede or lose.

It's hard to actually witness it on here...This site is supposed to be dedicated to support the club, I think some have more passion about the Blue Half than actually caring about the club they signed up on here to support, I am sure they could find a suitable platform for their anti City rants. Nothing wrong with being 'honest' about our performances, but to see all the anti LJ posts team performances. players, it really does make me wonder if we need to be doing a bit of 'weeding' out.  

58 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Am I right in thinking Brentford have the best championship home record of 2017 (or at least that they did going into the last day of last season?) They have started slowly and are prone to defensive errors but I can't see them finishing outside the top ten, and can easily see them a bit higher...

Something like that, their home form over the whole season was solid middle of the road stuff, interestingly their away record was the exact reverse of their home record, but I remember coming across something about their home form after the turn of the year.  They score a good amount of goals, but they do concede a lot as well (they conceeded as many as we did last season both home and away.)

They are a good side, that has improved and should be aiming to be in and around the playoffs this season with the additions they have made, but like many attack minded teams they will ship some goals and they will get results like Forest where they absolutely batter them and lose, but they will also smash some teams at home, all but the best will go to them and expect to be put under heavy pressure for most of the game.

Over the 90 minutes we defended quite well, but again lapses have cost us and this is something that Johnson simply has to put right as it's been a feature of his time here and it looks like he can't / wont fix it,  but i don't believe the problem is with the defence per se, I think we need to look seriously at replacing one of Pack or Smith as the defenders often do their job and slow down the attackers but the midfield don't then come in and help the defence, Pack has a tendency just to drop back basically as a center back which does not help (look at how he just stood of Jota for their first goal last night, if you get tight and he beats you and puts in that ball, well you just have to applaud Jota's play, but to just stand there giving him all the time in the world to play the pass is just very poor on Packs part.) Smith buzzes around like flies on ****, but all to often he will win a challenge and then give it straight back to the opposition, if he can get back to his best then he's one of the first names on the team sheet, but how long can we give him to get back there ?

12 hours ago, Spud55 said:

But you have no reason to think they are poor? They have kept all their good players and spent the best part of 6 million quid strengthening? 

How can you think that they are poor? 

Yep I think some people see the small ground and crowds and judge them on that. They are no mugs and made us look like that for most of last night. I expect them to finish above us end of season.

3 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

It's hard to actually witness it on here...This site is supposed to be dedicated to support the club, I think some have more passion about the Blue Half than actually caring about the club they signed up on here to support, I am sure they could find a suitable platform for their anti City rants. Nothing wrong with being 'honest' about our performances, but to see all the anti LJ posts team performances. players, it really does make me wonder if we need to be doing a bit of 'weeding' out.  

"Weeding out ? "   that's exactly what they do on GasChat which is why it's a pointless echo chamber - maybe you would enjoy it there with your fascist forum ideology.

14 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Sorry if this has been posted already, but Frankie was outstanding in the highlights: http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10990501/brentford-2-2-bristol-city

14 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Sorry if this has been posted already, but Frankie was outstanding in the highlights: http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10990501/brentford-2-2-bristol-city

Would a taller keep have got a hand to the ball in their second goal

17 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I forgot how ####ing awful half the posters on these matchday threads are. 

Some of you must be gutted at our equaliser! 

No we are gutted at the performance against an average defence at that.  If it hadn't had been for Frankie's great saves and a bit of luck, we would have been well beaten. Judging from the commentary, our midfield was over run time and time again. Watkins, a player we should have signed,  was controlling midfield for them. The away performances have to improve if we are to do better than last season.

5 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

No we are gutted at the performance against an average defence at that.  If it hadn't had been for Frankie's great saves and a bit of luck, we would have been well beaten. Judging from the commentary, our midfield was over run time and time again. Watkins, a player we should have signed,  was controlling midfield for them. The away performances have to improve if we are to do better than last season.

Yeah, they use the old "bet you're sorry we didn't lose" nonsense alot and it's pretty piss poor in all honesty.

The other thing you hear is "it's only 3 games"   uh. nooo . This goes back months and months scoring first, second and even third and not having much of a clue about how to see the game out.

I admit to be one of those going "overboard" last night. I do, football makes like that, it's me (i'm not as perfect as the likes of Spudd55, I'm a mere human)

It was my fault, i started to actually believe that he was getting it together by playing lovely football, the goals were starting to come.. and BANG!

I believe we will beat Millwall, but i still have serious doubts about the tactics, nous call it what you will when Lee takes us away from the Gate. Can't see it being a great deal different from last season.

Last thing, please don't make yourselves look like numpties by saying everyone who questions LJ WANTS City to conceide goals and not win. Cos you're wrong if you're on about me.

PS Not a Johnson hater, I like the person... worry about his skills right now

Good post, Estonia

2 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Yeah, they use the old "bet you're sorry we didn't lose" nonsense alot and it's pretty piss poor in all honesty.

The other thing you hear is "it's only 3 games"   uh. nooo . This goes back months and months scoring first, second and even third and not having much of a clue about how to see the game out.

I admit to be one of those going "overboard" last night. I do, football makes like that, it's me (i'm not as perfect as the likes of Spudd55, I'm a mere human)

It was my fault, i started to actually believe that he was getting it together by playing lovely football, the goals were starting to come.. and BANG!

I believe we will beat Millwall, but i still have serious doubts about the tactics, nous call it what you will when Lee takes us away from the Gate. Can't see it being a great deal different from last season.

Last thing, please don't make yourselves look like numpties by saying everyone who questions LJ WANTS City to conceide goals and not win. Cos you're wrong if you're on about me.

PS Not a Johnson hater, I like the person... worry about his skills right now

Good post, Estonia

Still can't give a reason why Brentford are poor then? 

Still crying like a small child that people who are calling you out because you have dared to criticise the performance when it's nothing of the sort, again show where anyone has called you out on anything other than your statement that Brentford are poor?

7 hours ago, Spud55 said:

Still can't give a reason why Brentford are poor then? 

Still crying like a small child that people who are calling you out because you have dared to criticise the performance when it's nothing of the sort, again show where anyone has called you out on anything other than your statement that Brentford are poor?

You said Brentford will be one of the better sides this season (I guess you mean top 8-ish) and  I don't. No real reason for thinking it, other than i have the feeling. Come back in a couple of months and let's see.

Really lovely chattting to you .. If you could only cut out the personal insults you might get a few more "likes" on your comments . 58 in fourteen years is a shocking return  . relegation form, mate  :laugh:

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

You said Brentford will be one of the better sides this season (I guess you mean top 8-ish) and  I don't. No real reason for thinking it, other than i have the feeling. Come back in a couple of months and let's see.

Really lovely chattting to you .. If you could only cut out the personal insults you might get a few more "likes" on your comments . 58 in fourteen years is a shocking return  . relegation form, mate  :laugh:

Well better means above average, but I expect Brentford to be in and around the top 10 as they have been every season since they got promoted. 

You think I particularly care about likes? Considering until the last few weeks I have been totally inactive on this board for years,since it changed to accommodate people who have to judge their self worth by how many likes they get, like yourself it appears, but mainly because most of the decent posters have buggered off and there are very few left because they have got tired of ******* toss pots like yourself crying about having bullshit opinions ripped apart because they are baseless rubbish but some strange sense of entitlement makes you think your feelings are worth anything at all when you have no reasoning to back them up. And that goes for people on the side that you are claiming to be a victim of as well, many a decent poster has been pushed off here by the blind faith brigade, you however have chatted some rubbish, multiple people have pointed it out and you have then cried that they are having a go at you because you are negative. 

There is a reason that the vast majority of the city fan Base think that this forum is full if a bunch of mouth breathing **** tards who don't have a clue. 

4 hours ago, Spud55 said:

Well better means above average, but I expect Brentford to be in and around the top 10 as they have been every season since they got promoted. 

You think I particularly care about likes? Considering until the last few weeks I have been totally inactive on this board for years,since it changed to accommodate people who have to judge their self worth by how many likes they get, like yourself it appears, but mainly because most of the decent posters have buggered off and there are very few left because they have got tired of ******* toss pots like yourself crying about having bullshit opinions ripped apart because they are baseless rubbish but some strange sense of entitlement makes you think your feelings are worth anything at all when you have no reasoning to back them up. And that goes for people on the side that you are claiming to be a victim of as well, many a decent poster has been pushed off here by the blind faith brigade, you however have chatted some rubbish, multiple people have pointed it out and you have then cried that they are having a go at you because you are negative. 

There is a reason that the vast majority of the city fan Base think that this forum is full if a bunch of mouth breathing **** tards who don't have a clue. 

Blimey mate. Chill. Its not meant to be so serious. I apologise it's gone this far. Take it steady and enjoy the Millwall game .

5 hours ago, Spud55 said:

As you point out Brentford have been in and around the top 10 since promotion, why haven't we?

What's the difference? It's not money spent, it's not the ground, it's not crowd size so what is it?

Your reasoning is that  Brentford are 'better' than we are, so because they are you accept that and don't ask why?

Personal abuse is no way to win an argument either.  :disapointed2se:

3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

As you point out Brentford have been in and around the top 10 since promotion, why haven't we?

Personal abuse is no way to win an argument either.  :disapointed2se:

Because our recruitment strategy has been utter, utter garbage for the best part of the last 15 years, and we have only started putting that right in the last 2/3, so Brentofrd have been picking up players like Gray who they have sold for huge profits allowing them to strengthen, they have also heavily recruited from abroard and they have done it effectivley, we have largely ignored the foreign markets again until the last 3 years or so, and when we have dipped our toes in it we have ended up buying shite players.

Also Brentford have been known as a team that will give youth a chance, so they have been able to pick up young players with the potential to go on to be good at this level, again only in the last 2/3 years have we done the same, we were for a long time well known as a club to avoid like the plague by young players, such was the harm that Johnson Sr did to our reputation on that front.

Also it's not possible to even have a civilised discussion where the only counter point is "well it's my opinion, I haven't thought about it but I've just arbitrarily decided on something and expect it to be given the same weight as a considered opinion" I will never not call that out as it's shit.  Come to me with the opinion that Man U will get relegated this season and back up up with thoughts and sensible reasoning and I'll disagree but discuss, come to me with the same opinion based on nothing other than you have a feeling and I will call it out as shite, and rightly so.

6 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Because our recruitment strategy has been utter, utter garbage for the best part of the last 15 years, and we have only started putting that right in the last 2/3, so Brentofrd have been picking up players like Gray who they have sold for huge profits allowing them to strengthen, they have also heavily recruited from abroard and they have done it effectivley, we have largely ignored the foreign markets again until the last 3 years or so, and when we have dipped our toes in it we have ended up buying shite players.

Also Brentford have been known as a team that will give youth a chance, so they have been able to pick up young players with the potential to go on to be good at this level, again only in the last 2/3 years have we done the same, we were for a long time well known as a club to avoid like the plague by young players, such was the harm that Johnson Sr did to our reputation on that front.

Also it's not possible to even have a civilised discussion where the only counter point is "well it's my opinion, I haven't thought about it but I've just arbitrarily decided on something and expect it to be given the same weight as a considered opinion" I will never not call that out as it's shit.  Come to me with the opinion that Man U will get relegated this season and back up up with thoughts and sensible reasoning and I'll disagree but discuss, come to me with the same opinion based on nothing other than you have a feeling and I will call it out as shite, and rightly so.

Man UTD will get relegated next season, cause Mourinho ***** up his third year everywhere he goes

:whistle:

15 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Apologies obviously edited my post as you were responding.

I see your points but feel less confident that we are now suddenly doing things the right way, when LJ was appointed I was more than happy and the noises coming out of the club were positive.

I like the plan but am just not convinced that we have the right people implementing it.

15 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Apologies obviously edited my post as you were responding.

I see your points but feel less confident that we are now suddenly doing things the right way, when LJ was appointed I was more than happy and the noises coming out of the club were positive.

I like the plan but am just not convinced that we have the right people implementing it.

I deliberately didn't include LJ in my thoughts as I genuinely believe he is relatively insignificant in terms of what we are trying to do and the way forward we are looking at, I think as a club in terms of what we are doing MA is much, much more important than any manager we have in the foreseeable future, I don't particularly rate Johnson (and in this thread I have barely commented on city at all in this thread, I think it was a god awful performance with a decent result, I will take that as a one off against a better than decent side in this league, if it continues then there are major problems) but i think as a club we are trying to get away from having to bin half our side and buy a load more players every time we change manager, look at the utter, utter garbage players that Gary Johnson left us with, and left Millen and McInness et all to work with bugger all as he'd pissed all our money up the wall on past it crap, then they added their crap as well (not so much Millen to be fair) but Jody Morris take a bow, and then we end up getting rid of them for next to nothing.

We are as a club trying to have continuity so the players signed now are likely to be involved even if we do bin off LJ, which for me is the right strategy, now i'm not sure we have the right manager in place like you do, but i think the structure around him is in place and solid.

I saw the edit just after I had posted, and in this thread I have barely commented on City until now, I am well aware of the reasons that Brentofrd are currently better than we are, and although I accept it in the terms that it is what it is, that doesn't mean I don't look at why they are currently a better side than we are, but people have a tendency to assume that because they are Brentofrd they are a piddly little team with no money who buy players for peanuts, in the last 4 seasons they have spent just under 20 MILLION quid on players, we have spend 23 ish (obviously relying on the public knowledge of transfer fees), so it's not as if you can say that they don't play with the big boys when it comes to money spent. 

EDIT :  Just to add that although I do believe the club are heading in the right direction in improving the many, many things that were wrong at the club, don't think I'm not aware that there is still quite some way to go.

Archived