IGNORED

The official Brentford FC v Bristol City FC match day thread

Septic Peg

15 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Dreadful performance  

But that late equaliser will ouze confidence for Saturday. 

Really want Taylor and Đurić available and quickly  

Can't see us bringing in a striker now so get these lads fit 

Why not bring a striker in ? I'm sure we will , Đurić had had an op and out for a while , even with Matty back it's light weight

1 minute ago, iamsober said:

no but to get a point from a game we didn't deserve to win can't be bad!

I doubt we will be ever be that lucky again this season.

The countless times Brownhill and Patterson chose the wrong option in defensive positions giving the ball away, both trying to be too clever in tight situations and turning back facing our own goal on the halfway line and being dispossessed. That is 2 games running now.

LJ cannot overlook the problems that is what he did last season and the last thing we need is another last season.

14 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Can't actually believe LJ has come out and said we deserved that and that Brentford have 'spent money'. Is he ******* serious. If they've spent money wtf have we done?!?! 

Trying to like the guy but **** me he spouts real shit 

Are you trying to wind me up Pete?

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

Can't really be proved at the moment can it? You think they are good, I don't  time will tell.

A team doesnt go from a solid top half one to utter dross overnight unless they lose a number of key players- Brentford havent.

There is evidence of them being a decrnt side given their recent finishing positions- exactly how they will do this year is hard to say, but I would wager they will be closer to the playoff than relegation with certainty

20 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

2 bad games and both with echo's of last season.

BIRMINGHAM game we had 61% possession 25 shots and a load of praise from Harry redknapp on how we play.    So to me it was one bad game and we scrapped a point from it.   If we went 3 up then conceded 3 in the second half , that would be like last year 

thats my opinion and of course you have yours .   Things look better to me

Think Barnsley won today. Very nice with our late goal, Super Bobby. Ok we where outplayed as I understands it. We got one point even If it was a robbery, a robbery is also work. We where not good but we took one point, that shows balls. Maybe another lineup away from home. Think GON would suit in away games. When where 2-1 down and Bobby score in 98 min, its Bingo. In Sweden we say, thanks for the coffe, he he. Happy with one point and nice Frankie was good in goal. This point is very good for the confidence. By the way,  look at Villa. They where also outplayed but lost to Reading, they change manager at least once a season. We will se how long Bruce will work. We say we have problems here in City, what do they have in Villa then? Ok have a good sleep fellow reds and be thankful for the point. Always believe, Coyr!!!

9 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

How about the truth !

How about Bobby got us out if jail?

How about "we need a bit of luck sometimes"

But for crying out loads sake only a retard would say we deserved it.

Deserved to get something or not win at Birmingham. 

16 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Do you honestly believe that Brownhill and Patterson are good/consistent enough?.

Brownhill scored a great goal and did little else and Patterson was even worse.

A welcome point but if you cannot see the danger signals flashing over the past 2 games, you are burying your heads.

Tbh. Paterson is number 10, isn't he. A number 10 being played on the left, doesn't help.

Brownhill...always had him down as a central midfielder but perhaps out wide will prove his best position, time will tell.

Both are young, particularly Brownhill so both have good scope to grow, to make good on the flashes they have shown IMO.

22 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Dreadful performance  

But that late equaliser will ouze confidence for Saturday. 

Really want Taylor and Đurić available and quickly  

Can't see us bringing in a striker now so get these lads fit 

Is this some kind of sick joke?!

Lets pin all our hopes of two strikers that will probably score 5 goals between them all season!

It really is a sorry state team if we are relying on these two to shot us up the table!!!

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Because he was tired and didn't get going. Don't just quote the bits you want to and call it bad man management. Yes he did last season but your'e just making things up to suit yourself.

Same old, same old. He has put some blame on Joe Bryan, fact. If Joe was not fit enough it's up to the manager to pick the player best suited and able to play in that position or prepare to sub him.

It's not like we don't have options at left back.

I stand by my post.

Personally I thought we were poor tonight at full back; Bryan had his moments of letting his man slip but Pisano I thought very poor ... just playing in a different zonal area of the pitch than Watkins throughout, rarely close to him, rarely pressing him and often being skipped by.

I don't know if Brownhill or Paterson (who swapped quite regularly; with Reid sometimes dropping out onto the left) were supposed to be tighter to the touch-line but there were massive gaps around Watkins continually. 

After allowing Birmingham to score on Saturday through a player cutting in from the left, we certainly didn't learn from that and try to eliminate it tonight.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I doubt we will be ever be that lucky again this season.

The countless times Brownhill and Patterson chose the wrong option in defensive positions giving the ball away, both trying to be too clever in tight situations and turning back facing our own goal on the halfway line and being dispossessed. That is 2 games running now.

LJ cannot overlook the problems that is what he did last season and the last thing we need is another last season.

as I said in another  post we are only 3 games in suppose you were saying the same things after the Birmingham match. What did  you say after the first game?. Give It a rest!

4 minutes ago, iamsober said:

1 win 1 draw 1 loss what the f.... do you want.? Run away with the league  - grow up

Nobody but nobody is saying that, people who watched this game and Saturday's game are saying that last seasons problems are still there, even LJ is saying that.

it was a very welcome point in the end but we cannot carry 2 players (2games now) and actually tonight it was 3 with Diedhiou he was awful and we cannot surrender the midfield in the way that we did ala last season.

Be happy but be realistic because I see little difference between this season and last season, we got away with it tonight be sure of that.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbh. Paterson is number 10, isn't he. A number 10 being played on the left, doesn't help.

Brownhill...always had him down as a central midfielder but perhaps out wide will prove his best position, time will tell.

Both are young, particularly Brownhill so both have good scope to grow, to make good on the flashes they have shown IMO.

Brownhill doesn't play as a out and out winger. he tucks in 

Archived