IGNORED

The official Brentford FC v Bristol City FC match day thread

Septic Peg

29 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

We could have four double decker buses as the back four and a brick wall for a keeper, but with our midfield, we'll still lose. 

Too many League One midfielders. 

I wouldn't put it like that exactly....But I'm not as big a fan as KS as some. We didn't win the ball and keep possession anywhere near as much as we should have, we like to play neat little passes, but that limits us from stretching teams on the flanks.

Watch Korey in the minute r so before their second goal, seemed to go to sleep and not track a  player, he looked tired at that point, not Joe Bryan....Maybe I'm being harsh, but we need to get better. But last minute equalizers are often a galvanizing event...lets hope!

Long time reader, first time poster. 

What a sorry state of affairs. An absolute clusterf**k of doom merchants inhabit this thread.

Bobby Reid, home grown lad, is top scorer of the League.

City have scored 6 in 3 games.

We're sitting mid-table after playing 2 tough away games out of 3.

Delusion on a mass scale. COYR  

@AppyDAZE is just giving his opinnion. I don't agree with him but theres no need for people to give him personal abuse.

Brentford nearly got into play off final two three seasons ago. They then finished just outside playoffs last two seasons and on paper they only thing they lack is a forward (like most teams).

Im happy we got a point because it makes up for the brum result. Milwall will be another tough game but at home i expect us to win.

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

@AppyDAZE is just giving his opinnion. I don't agree with him but theres no need for people to give him abuse. 

Nobody is abusing him, but an opinion based on no logical thought process is an opinion that holds no weight and should rightly be called out as crap. Give a considered opinion and no matter how out there it will be accepted. This but it's my opinion shite has no place in this world. 

4 minutes ago, underhanded said:

What a sorry state of affairs. An absolute clusterf**k of doom merchants inhabit this thread.

Welcome. 

Need I say more.

And this surprises you?

Is there a cider shortage? Get drinking people and see the world through a mellow orange haze. You know you want to, it's the donkey's business.

Aah nuts, I'm starting to sound like Tommy

8 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

What has happened to their fans on here? They have gone very quiet recently....

Yeah, I was wondering that.

Pretty sure Rascal wasn't even posting on here in the week before we played Barnsley.

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah I enjoyed his posts. Maybe he will return now that they have won.

I noticed there were some fairly antagonistic posts towards him.

He was on here alot so hard to believe he would stop completely in the week or so before we played them for no reason.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

He was on here alot so hard to believe he would stop completely in the week or so before we played them for no reason.

Mind you our PNE and S.Weds contributors have also been notable for their absence for the last couple of weeks.

1 hour ago, RedSA said:

Not really, I'd still say that was an absolute horrific performance that 9 times out of 10 would've had us being battered. 

We were very very lucky. 

You said "as bad if not worse than at their place last season" yet we got a lucky point tonight and are in tenth place in the division. Yes, it was a poor performance, but using "an absolute horrific performance" is overkill. I might have agreed with you if we had got hammered 4-0 and played badly, but 2-2 is in the record books and we move on to Millwall. I would love the lads to play good football, but if on Saturday we have an "absolute horrific performance" and scrape a 2-1 win I'd be more happy than playing well and losing.

13 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Some people complained about one of is posts, and he went into a bit of rant mode and got a temp ban - he's not really been back much since, especially as everyone seemed to start piling in on him. Personally found some of his post interesting, always nice to see how other teams fans are viewing us and the league.

2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Some people complained about one of is posts, and he went into a bit of rant mode and got a temp ban - he's not really been back much since, especially as everyone seemed to start piling in on him. Personally found some of his post interesting, always nice to see how other teams fans are viewing us and the league.

Right, must have missed that, although I did see some unfriendly posts towards him.

Shame if he's been hounded out, generally speaking he was a good poster and especially interesting to have an alternative view on BCFC and the league in general.

Hope he returns.

26 minutes ago, underhanded said:

Think you might need the slagchat forum for that!

Welcome.....a balanced first post. We got battered tonight, we stole a point, we move on. We'll play better and get nothing. LJ with some questionable tactics and substititions, nothing new there. Same old, same old. We're 3 games into the season. I ain't no LJ fan but let's see if he can learn from last season (after tonight, possibly not..) and let's see where we are after 10 or so games. Let's also credit Brentford who are a half decent team. Let's also have a hand (no pun intended) to FF for a great display tonight. We should feel positive about Millwall, losing at home to Ipswich. Although they were unlucky against Forest first game of the season.

Just goes to show what an unpredictable and difficult league the Championship is. If you're not on your A game every Tues and Sat, you'll get beat.

2 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Just goes to show what an unpredictable and difficult league the Championship is. If you're not on your A game every Tues and Sat, you'll get beat.

Thanks.

I see it as an extremely hard league. Brentford, a relatively small London club with little to no history, are a very strong side. With the likes of Jota and their Danish contingent, I think we'll see them there or thereabouts. 

We'll get battered on a fair few more occasions this season, its inevitable, and if we can scrape a draw out of these types of games - happy days.

On to Millwall - the sort of game where we should be taking the three points.

We play that lot (Brentford) this weekend - we're hoping to make it four wins out of four (I have to focus really hard to understand the possibilities of what is being achieved :blink:) and just wondered how your opposition performed this evening.    A win in that and we' could be heading into some outstanding start of season but thought as a registered member, maybe get some insight in to what to expect.

Ironically it says you play Millwall in the next game, as it would have it, I was there in attendance this very evening and saw, in so many words - "something of a rarity"

Word of warning, they're not a bad team, good going forward, hope your defence is a little more robust than ourselves.   Go at them, and you'll be in with a chance.

8 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Credit where is due. I think Johnson shound have made changes earlier and I do feel he is responsible for the fact we waited and waited and went 2-1 down BUT bringing Hinds on was a bold move and it turned the game back in our favour. Whilst the equaliser was not reflective of the game, it had been coming for five minutes. There is a lot LJ did that  I am frustrated with but that has to be counterbalanced by acknowledging the team got back into the game when all looked lost and it isn't fair to give LJ the blame for all that went wrong without giving him credit for what worked...

Hinds was busy, liked him.

7 hours ago, Spud55 said:

Nobody is abusing him, but an opinion based on no logical thought process is an opinion that holds no weight and should rightly be called out as crap. Give a considered opinion and no matter how out there it will be accepted. This but it's my opinion shite has no place in this world. 

Fock me, you are far too intelligent to be posting on a football forum, Spudd. you're wasted.

Yes, folks all because I have doubts about whether this season is going to be any better.

Cheers, Spudd.. Top man

I don't believe those who wanted LJ out last season, and lets be frank it was most of us by the soundings on here, have changed their view.

New season though and new slate. Early days and all that. One thing that does seem to be the same as last season is tactics and what looks like poor ones.

I am still puzzled why Engval would go out on loan when we have 50% of our recognised front line on the treatment table.

The positioning and substitutions are bizarre.

Flint is paid to do a job; he is wasted right now. I do not buy he would be preoccupied if played. 

But its early days. However, does it feel like Deja vu? It has the early machinations of it yes. 

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Fock me, you are far too intelligent to be posting on a football forum, Spudd. you're wasted.

Yes, folks all because I have doubts about whether this season is going to be any better.

Cheers, Spudd.. Top man

Where has anyone said that? Nobody has picked you up on anything you have said other than Brentford are a poor side. All I want to know is your thinking behind that? If you can show me at any point where I have mentioned anything to do with that you think it's not got any better this season please feel free to quote it? 

It's not a lot I'm asking for, you have made a statement that anyone who follows the championship is going to think is strange all I want to see is your thinking as to why you believe that one of the Better sides in this division over the past 3-4 years are suddenly poor. 

I think you have just spouted it based on nothing more than them being Brentford and you have offered absolutely no reasoning as to why as of yet it leads me to believe that you have no reasoning. 

If you had come out and said, well they have lost some players and I don't believe that they have bought well, at least your point would make sense (it would still be slightly left field, as they haven't lost anyone of note and have brought in some good players) but at least it would make some sense. 

Archived