IGNORED

The official Brentford FC v Bristol City FC match day thread

Septic Peg

19 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Can't actually believe LJ has come out and said we deserved that and that Brentford have 'spent money'. Is he ******* serious. If they've spent money wtf have we done?!?! 

Trying to like the guy but **** me he spouts real shit 

He does at times agree and I want him to STFU, but keep trying to like him because he's enthusiastic and quite often gets it right.

2 minutes ago, freezer said:

Same old, same old. He has put some blame on Joe Bryan, fact. If Joe was not fit enough it's up to the manager to pick the player best suited and able to play in that position or prepare to sub him.

It's not like we don't have options at left back.

I stand by my post.

But you've  twisted it to suit yourself, he didn't blame Joe at all he said he was tired. Yes we have cover at left back but not with his attacking intent.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Nobody but nobody is saying that, people who watched this game and Saturday's game are saying that last seasons problems are still there, even LJ is saying that.

it was a very welcome point in the end but we cannot carry 2 players (2games now) and actually tonight it was 3 with Diedhiou he was awful and we cannot surrender the midfield in the way that we did ala last season.

Be happy but be realistic because I see little difference between this season and last season, we got away with it tonight be sure of that.

the difference between this season and last is 43 games!!!!

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbh. Paterson is number 10, isn't he. A number 10 being played on the left, doesn't help.

Brownhill...always had him down as a central midfielder but perhaps out wide will prove his best position, time will tell.

Both are young, particularly Brownhill so both have good scope to grow, to make good on the flashes they have shown IMO.

Exactly and for further honesty whose fault is that?, LJ signed them both and is now playing them out of position, how can that be good for their development and for the team?, I am a little mystified by some of the signings and how they are being shoe horned into the team out of position.

26 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

All about opinions, but if anyone thinks that a bit of effort in injury time and a point at one of the poorer sides in the championship is fine, so be it

Brentford are not one of the poorer sides, most experts had them down for a good season, they have started badly, still expect them to be up around the top come the end.

25 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

In the same way that City fans and players must have felt on Saturday.

Poor poor performance tonight but great to get a point. Great to have one of our own getting us out of jail, great that he's got 4 in 3. Great that we've played very well in 2 out of three.

Let's just calm down and see how the next few matches go but the never ending 'Johnson out' from the usual suspects  is just a bit tedious particularly when you look at where big spenders Villa are along with Wednesday and Fulham and play off finalists Reading! We're top half of the table not at the bottom.

Indeed - ultimately we dominated possession and shots on Saturday and lost. Brentford did the same today and drew. Ultimately you do not always get what you deserve in football but, on balance we have as many points as we deserve - just not necessarily from the games where we deserved them...

4 minutes ago, redapple said:

He does at times agree and I want him to STFU, but keep trying to like him because he's enthusiastic and quite often gets it right.

He sounded hyped up tonight after the game, and that was because if we had lost he'd not know what to say about tonight and he got off the hook big time.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Exactly and for further honesty whose fault is that?, LJ signed them both and is now playing them out of position, how can that be good for their development and for the team?, I am a little mystified by some of the signings and how they are being shoe horned into the team out of position.

you a football manager?

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Don't say that ffs, some on here are ready to jump off the suspension bridge , ******* clueless most of them.

Genuinely unsure why some of them dont support Barcelona.

They seem to expect a world class performance and win every single week and are borderline suicidal if it doesnt happen

That just doesnt happen for any club, at any level.

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

Brentford are not one of the poorer sides, most experts had them down for a good season, they have started badly, still expect them to be up around the top come the end.

and as I keep saying, I don't and neither you nor i can prove jack shit yet... but as for us, we are making the same mistakes

38 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Thats poor mate, I cannot imagine anyone is gutted at that. You were watching the same game as me no doubt.We were outplayed the majority of the match and made Brentford look as good as I expect they are likely to this season. We got going after 90 minutes and stole a draw.

We got a point, away, at one of the best footballing teams in this division. 

I'll take that all day long! 

First time we've been outplayed this season. I'll take that ratio too. 

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

They seem to expect a world class performance and win every single week and are borderline suicidal if it doesnt happen

People over react while the games in progress winning or losing. Thats football fans for you

The concern for me at the moment is the tactics we are going for work well when we are the stronger team or at home but less so when we are the weaker team or away. That is not a disaster but it needs to be rectified. We need to sacrifice one of Brownhill, Paterson or Reid (hopefully not Reid at the moment!) for more solidity when playing away...

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

We are looking for progress after the money we have spent, not asking a lot surely?

16 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

So we went to a real difficult place to play a midweek game

Got played off the park

yet still got a point

In the past we would have just rolled over and got hammered 

Sound more like Tommy.

Just now, RumRed said:

We are looking for progress after the money we have spent, not asking a lot surely?

And to judge whether progress has been made you are solely looking at 1 poor performance and 1 poor half vs Brum, while ignoring 2 good performances and 1 good half vs Brum.

That makes sooooo much sense.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Your statement sums it up perfectly James . Perhaps there's too many playing FIFA or football manager and not realising this is real life. There are 11 players trying to stop us , yes there is a opposition trying to beat us for all the numbnuts out there .

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

And to judge whether progress has been made you are solely looking at 1 poor performance and 1 poor half vs Brum, while ignoring 2 good performances and 1 good half vs Brum.

That makes sooooo much sense.

I'm looking at a match which seems to show the team have the same frailties as last season.

14 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Is this some kind of sick joke?!

Lets pin all our hopes of two strikers that will probably score 5 goals between them all season!

It really is a sorry state team if we are relying on these two to shot us up the table!!!

Đurić out for weeks per LJ

Archived