IGNORED

Just to be clear....

Bar BS3

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

What concerns me is that we haven't put in a 90 minutes performance since the season began. We've shown glimpses,  but have lacked the consistency, discipline and fitness to play well for more than 45 minutes.

The really big clubs will whup us, unless these deficiencies are sorted.

My man. In a nutshell. Saves me getting called a non-fan, sorry we didnt lose, thick, ****, etc etc

6 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

What concerns me is that we haven't put in a 90 minutes performance since the season began. We've shown glimpses,  but have lacked the consistency, discipline and fitness to play well for more than 45 minutes.

The really big clubs will whup us, unless these deficiencies are sorted.

3 games is hardly much of a sample size, but I broadly agree that it is concerning that we can't put together a whole game performance, although I would argue against Barnsley we took our foot off the gas in the second half and controlled the game comfortably until Johnson for reasons beyond comprehension arsed about with the defence and put us in a position to concede. We're it not for that I would argue that it was very good game management, we expected a response from Barnsley so just played to control the game and largely did. 

It's very rare for a team that is so far ahead and comfortable to come out for a second half all guns blazing, yes I would like us to, but if we do and then get picked off and trow away the lead by being too gung ho can you imagine the reaction from, well everyone? 

The thing that worries me is that Johnson is slow to react, against Birmingham, now he can't change things at half time, as you don't know what harrying is going to do, but when you see that change and the impact it had you have to respond, and he didn't. 

Again yesterday, we were utterly battered and holding out OK, but clearly things had to be changed, didn't even have to be a sub initially, you could just drop Bobby back to make a 5 in midfield, now as I wasn't there I can't say for certain that that didn't happen, but it didn't sound like it, and then to wait until the 73rd minute to make changes was frankly criminal. 

But equally on the other side, the changes made worked and got an undeserved draw, in a game that I'm absolutely confident last season we would have lost. 

So yes there are causes for concern but also causes to be quietly optimistic as well. 

16 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I would imagine that BCFC are aiming for promotion, and have brought in players, sold others so that we can progress up the league. It's not about 'being entertained' week on week but demonstrating that we are able to progress and become 'a better team'. Unfortunately, it didn't look like that last night. Surely you would prefer City to be competing on a parr with the other teams in the Championship and not continually relying on games similar to an 'end of season dogfight' all the way through the season?

We would all be pretty happy if we won all our home games, drew most away and maybe lost a few and won a few, no? 

I mean averaging that out we would be looking at 80 plus points, who'd be happy with that eh, jeez!!!!

Im not saying that's gonna happen but in reality it's not far off the realms of possibility, especially when you take the positives from Brentford which for me would be our determination to fight to the bitter end, showing greater togetherness and toughness than the game before, and for me Bobbys finish was a huge highlight, Tammyesque (intact if it was tammy Wed all be waxing lyrical about what a find we've loaned from Chelsea, the fact he's our player is even more to celebrate).

Archived