IGNORED

Transfer window

22A

Today many prem and some EFL clubs have called for the Summer transfer window to close before the season starts. I can understand their logic; Managers don't want their squad depleting after just one game etc. However if that is the reason, will they abolish the January window?

I'm not too fussed if they do close the window before the season opener, can see pros and cons for both sides of the argument.

I'd be shocked if they touched the Jan window though, especially considering loan moves are only allowed during windows now. Jan is vital for mid-season tweaks.

Just get rid of the windows and have things as they used to be.

IMO it has been one of the main causes for the astronomical amounts of money in the game now (along with the obvious main cause being the tv money).

The window gets to the final couple of days, and suddenly clubs find themselves desperate to sign a specific type of player. The selling club can then jack the price up as much as they like, knowing full well that as soon as the window closes, the buying club are stuffed if they don't get the player they need.

Will never happen because it would upset the top clubs.

Archived