IGNORED

The Official Match Day Thread - 4 - Bristol City v Millwall

4 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

We had better possession. They were chasing and pressing all over the pitch for 40 mins. In the last five of the half, they started to drop off more and we had a bit more space. We definitely played at a slower tempo than normal - we're passing backwards and sideways more and definitely not high pressing. I'm going to stick my neck out and say that is the plan today, let them tire themselves out chasing the ball and the up the tempo 2nd half when their legs are tired. 

Thanks for the detailed response that doesn't just say we're playing very poorly. Not to say the people who are saying that are wrong, but we don't need to hear it constantly.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

I need some of whatever you are on mate, to see positives out of that sorry showing.

1 minute ago, Chris_Brown said:

If that's the plan and it works, then great. But giving away 10 corners probably suggests it isn't going so well.

I think we need an outlet. 

When you look at things stand, it may not have been an exciting half and or approach play was not good. But the score is level they are the team that has been running and pushing for 45 and our normal game is high pressing and quick 3-4 pass moves, which we didn't see this half. Whatever has or hasn't worked so far this season our is way higher than this and we don't normally play a possession game, yet we are dominating possession. I said earlier in the thread I think we'll start the 2nd at a much higher tempo.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Thanks for the detailed response that doesn't just say we're playing very poorly. Not to say the people who are saying that are wrong, but we don't need to hear it constantly.

Would love to tell you something different. Yes we've had possession but when's it knocking it sideways across your own back four it tends to get missed.

13 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

We had better possession. They were chasing and pressing all over the pitch for 40 mins. In the last five of the half, they started to drop off more and we had a bit more space. We definitely played at a slower tempo than normal - we're passing backwards and sideways more and definitely not high pressing. I'm going to stick my neck out and say that is the plan today, let them tire themselves out chasing the ball and the up the tempo 2nd half when their legs are tired. 

Well, hope you are right. Coyr!!!

Just now, Esmond Million's Bung said:

it's a forum not a prayer meeting, people have different views.

Yes, but it's a match thread, and as someone who can only follow a match in a detailed fashion through the forum, I'd like more specific commentary if people can give it. Sure, people can put whatever they want, and I'm allowed to say thanks to someone who gives information.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

I'm not sure there was anything positive there to see to be honest mate. 

TBF I haven't actually commented on today's performance.

It does sound a poor one, but @RichardEdd has a plausible enough idea and backed up his reasons for thinking it with stuff from the game.

IF his theory is right then we will kick on a gear or two in the second half and take advantage of the Millwall players tiring.

I hope he is right

But my post above that you quoted was a response to someone who is seemingly determined to search for negative wherever possible, and ignore any positives when there are some.

Regardless, let's hope for a better second half.