IGNORED

Decipher the Code Please

Abraham Romanovich

4 hours ago, EnderMB said:

I actually agree with LJ. Outside of a couple of people, there is a bit of a leadership void in the squad.

However, if you were to believe that leadership comes from experience, that's hardly surprising, is it? Since LJ joined we've signed numerous youngsters, and it's incredibly difficult to have players under 25 that have the experience of this league, of promotion (or even relegation) to lead a group of their peers. I think it's why we were so keen to keep hold of Wilbrahim, as his experience was invaluable in helping Tammy adapt to live at Bristol City.

It's no wonder why all the top managers in the game have said that in football you need a mix of young talent, players working towards their peak, and elder statesmen that have experience with the club, and can drive the future generations forward. Currently, this team is lacking the latter, and with it comes a leadership void. That's not down to LJ, but down to how the club chooses to run itself.

Are you saying you can't win anything with kids? :whistle:

13 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Are you saying you can't win anything with kids? :whistle:

If I remember correctly, that team had a number of experienced players, like Bruce, Irwin, Schmeichel, Hughes, and Keane. The reason I always mention the need for balance is because it's something Fergie has written about quite a few times in his books. He believes you need a mixture of young players, players in the mid-late twenties, and players at their peak to consistently succeed, and given that he's one of very few managers in the world to consistently build winning teams it's a lesson I'm surprised we've not learned from as a club...

But hey, if this becomes my Alan Hansen moment, then I'm happy to say it, and I look forward to our opener next season against Arsenal.

11 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

If I remember correctly, that team had a number of experienced players, like Bruce, Irwin, Schmeichel, Hughes, and Keane. The reason I always mention the need for balance is because it's something Fergie has written about quite a few times in his books. He believes you need a mixture of young players, players in the mid-late twenties, and players at their peak to consistently succeed, and given that he's one of very few managers in the world to consistently build winning teams it's a lesson I'm surprised we've not learned from as a club...

But hey, if this becomes my Alan Hansen moment, then I'm happy to say it, and I look forward to our opener next season against Arsenal.

Of course I agree really, it was just too good to miss. ;)

It depends what our objective is. If it's to make money by recruiting young and selling at a profit the balance of the team is neither here nor there.

God he talks so much cringeworthy bollox its difficult to follow the team in the way I would like. Which is to hear interviews from the manager amongst all the other stuff.

Of course there are no feckin leaders, they've all left, been sold or want to go.  You can't appoint a Captain and tell him what to do when he has no respect for the 'General'.  

Six Captains? FFS

Archived