IGNORED

Harry Arter Saturday

Super

57 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Yes there are 

Your right.

I always thought an indirect free kick was awarded for obstruction, but while listening to Graham Poll on the radio he said that obstruction now resulted in a direct free kick and therefore indirect free do not exist anymore.

5 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Your right.

I always thought an indirect free kick was awarded for obstruction, but while listening to Graham Poll on the radio he said that obstruction now resulted in a direct free kick and therefore indirect free do not exist anymore.

What about offside? That`s not a direct free kick now is it?

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

What about offside? That`s not a direct free kick now is it?

Don't know , but what are the chances of scoring a goal direct from it. 

I was only going from memory from what I heard Graham Poll discusing the an incident on the radio.

1 minute ago, bs3 said:

Don't know , but what are the chances of scoring a goal direct from it. 

I was only going from memory from what I heard Graham Poll discusing the an incident on the radio.

Probably about .000001% if the kick was on the half way line and someone hit it quick a la Beckham.

it just amazes me that these changes happen and the vast majority of us who go week in week out don`t know about them. I still thought it was indirect for offside, obstruction and handling a back pass.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Probably about .000001% if the kick was on the half way line and someone hit it quick a la Beckham.

it just amazes me that these changes happen and the vast majority of us who go week in week out don`t know about them. I still thought it was indirect for offside, obstruction and handling a back pass.

Yes I think your right , I must have been mistaken what Poll was talking about. I have had a look of the laws on line and I don't see any changes to the Laws of the game.

Playing rugby with a wily Yorkshireman Captain he used to get up to allsorts including when we won a Penalty not too far out he would point towards the posts and tell the Ref we were not going to kick at goal. We'd tap and go and the opposition were still strolling back towards their posts for the penalty kick at goal. Scored numerous tries and not once did the Ref stop him or make a comment.

Got a feeling Korey must have fell for a few wicked shouts from half the Millwall team on Saturday judging by his passing accuracy.

Also can't offsides be anywhere on the pitch now as they can be taken from where the offside player touches the ball. Have a feeling Tammy got caught like this last season and there was uproar at the match and on here when the free kick was taken from in our own half?

Archived