IGNORED

Food in Sports Bar

locobaker

48 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

You can now buy a pizza in a box, for £5 to take away. That's the only food you can buy in the sports bar on a match day. 

The only time I'd eat pizza is if I'd locked myself behind a poorly fitted door.

Pointless food.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

You can now buy a pizza in a box, for £5 to take away. That's the only food you can buy in the sports bar on a match day. 

Dolly, is this a recent change? I went in before the Plymouth match hoping to get pizza. There were the usual rows of reserved pre-booked (empty) tables. I was told pizza could only be bought to take away after the match so we went to KFC.

Would much rather spend my few quid of hard earned money with the club if possible.

Thanks

12 minutes ago, MrBibs said:

Dolly, is this a recent change? I went in before the Plymouth match hoping to get pizza. There were the usual rows of reserved pre-booked (empty) tables. I was told pizza could only be bought to take away after the match so we went to KFC.

Would much rather spend my few quid of hard earned money with the club if possible.

Thanks

Yes, the first game was Saturday just gone. I kind of (and I'm honestly not saying this to brag) had a bit of a hand in it, because I went to meet the guys running the pizza place after the first two home games, because the supporters club members wanted pizza at the first home game, but the pizza guys were still feeling their way with how things on a match day were going to work, and so the pizza was only available to those sat down in the sports bar. 

I had a meeting with them initially on behalf of the SC&T members, to see if they could provide us with pizzas upstairs, and they went away and had a think, and as I said you can now go in and get a pizza in a box to take away. They cost £5 and are in three flavours, margarita, pepperoni and mushroom. 

I'm sure I'm not the only reason for this happening, but I'd like to think I played a part in it :) 

unless I have missed it I have not seen a mention regarding the queuing system at the bar on Saturday, good idea and you got served quicker, but! no signage where to queue, try getting to the loos from one side to another plus less people in there so lost revenue. I go in every game and at 2.30pm it was almost empty.

17 minutes ago, MrBibs said:

Thanks

Before the Plymouth game, me and my brother went in there about 5:30 and asked when the tables were booked from? The man on the desk said you can take a booth as long as we were gone by 6:15! Taking in account a pizza only takes 15 mins to prepare and cook we gladly took the opportunity to sample the pizza :) it was very nice. I would suggest to people that they ask what time the tables are booked from and saying you and your party would be gone by X time. 

8 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Yes, the first game was Saturday just gone. I kind of (and I'm honestly not saying this to brag) had a bit of a hand in it, because I went to meet the guys running the pizza place after the first two home games, because the supporters club members wanted pizza at the first home game, but the pizza guys were still feeling their way with how things on a match day were going to work, and so the pizza was only available to those sat down in the sports bar. 

I had a meeting with them initially on behalf of the SC&T members, to see if they could provide us with pizzas upstairs, and they went away and had a think, and as I said you can now go in and get a pizza in a box to take away. They cost £5 and are in three flavours, margarita, pepperoni and mushroom. 

I'm sure I'm not the only reason for this happening, but I'd like to think I played a part in it :) 

Thanks Dolly. I'll give it a go on Friday

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Booooo. Have yourself a snake. 

There seem to be a lot of defenders of Italian cheese on toast here!

Probably best not to mention the stupid idea of having dough balls as a starter followed by dough as a main course wtf is that about? :fear:

9 minutes ago, locobaker said:

Dollys. Thanks again  any chance of sign going up saying pre booked table service only. Takeaway eat in service available.Not your job but clear to all. Cheers

There's a little sign on the main desk which mentions the pizza to takeaway. You'd have to be stood there to see it :) 

20 minutes ago, Blazeyrobins said:

unless I have missed it I have not seen a mention regarding the queuing system at the bar on Saturday, good idea and you got served quicker, but! no signage where to queue, try getting to the loos from one side to another plus less people in there so lost revenue. I go in every game and at 2.30pm it was almost empty.

I didn't think that the new system was up to much but with so many other bars I didn't worry too much. More annoying was the joy with which Man U goals were recieved by the younger ones.

Archived