IGNORED

Where are Johnson's critics? (Merged many times)

Redtucks

6 hours ago, Cowshed said:

If bricks and blocks are rocks yes, however that is not answer to the question.

If you know how to use advance search on twitter - search LJ's handle with any swear word you can think of between Jan-March.

Some of the stuff people were tweeting him was horrendous. Really did get quite nasty.

LJ said he had 2 death threats! 

delia.jpg.2b8973d5801562e4a8804638ceab0ef0.jpg

Come on Steve: get on the pop tomorrow, then out on the pitch at half-time and ask where the Johnson haters are (assuming we are 3:0 up - Bobby Reid hat-trick - and John Terry has been subbed and announced his retirement)......

Will allways support City, If LJ, Cotts or another is manager I support the team. We have scored 8 in 4 leauge games and 8 in the cup so far. We avoid relegation last season and now early days we are midtable. Millwall game not good but we did not lose. Our defence is better this season and we have many young Interesting players. Think LJ doing ok.Villa spent around 70 mill last season and they finished 13 place. Compare to Villa our money is peanuts. We buy not so expensive and sell with good profit, think thats the formula. Hope midtable this season and top six next. We will se about christmas where we are in the table. Think its to soon to djudge LJ and the team. End of last season and this season we are doing ok so far with LJ as our manager. Dont know what he should have done different this season. One win two draw and one lost. When we where on the bad run, a Millwall game have been a lost. Will see LJ as our manager for at least one more season. But If we are doing very bad in the leauge he will probably be sacked, most of the times its only the result that counts in football. We will se what happens but Im optimistic. Coyr!!!

9 hours ago, billywedlock said:

On one area  I disagree, Championship the same as all leagues. With 6 potential promotion spots and 3 relegation, the spread in terms of points in L1 and L2 are no worse, in fact are tighter. It is about 9 places out of 23 having a meaning, and 3 points for a win making such a notable impact. 

In terms of football though, with modern fitness levels and distances covered, a lot of football is boring yes, but we did 2 years ago play some wonderful football in winning L1. The Championship is a mix between strength and ability, where effort often compensates a lack of ability, because the ability needed to overcome that effort, well it means a player will be in the Prem. It is why clubs spend heavily on strikers in the Championship if they want to get out. To try and make the difference. Personally I do not like the championship as a footballing spectacle, in many ways we saw far better football, in the true sense , when in L1. Even the Prem, it is only when you get the top 6 do your really see some magic.

Teams are too fit and athletic, and in the main well organised these days meaning they can nullify the opposition. Is making for some dull games hey. 

Only 2 , not even trying these days. 

That's what I was trying to imply BW...obviously unsuccessfully :laugh:

On 24/08/2017 at 12:09, spudski said:

This thread makes for interesting reading....

I get the impression many wouldn't be pleased with what they are watching, regardless of manager. It's 'modern football' they don't like.

We've all witnessed Championship football over the years...it is what it is. The majority of teams play no differently to us. Win a few, Lose a few, put in an outstanding performance, or have a few duff one's. It is what it is.

How many fans/forums from other clubs, do you hear purring about how great their football is, season after season?

The majority experience what we do.

Someone mentioned watching non league...I do occasionally too. It reminds me in many ways of how it used to be in the Professional game, many moons ago.

Perhaps that's why so many olden's enjoy it so much...

You aren't going to get the free flowing football with masses of space anymore...Pro teams are too well organised defensively nowadays.

You may get it in the two lower leagues occasionally...but higher up, very rarely.

If you don't like watching some of the play we've produced in spells this season, then I think you are going to be sadly disappointed with football in general in the future.

Spud, I think you have hit the nail on the head with regards to myself. I now feel more at home watching non league football than I do watching City. 

The City match day experience has changed so much over the last few years, that is feels alien to me. Don't get me wrong, the ground is now fantastic, but everything surrounding the game just feels 'plastic' to me, it's become more of an event than just a football match. At 20 to 3 on a Saturday there used to be a real buzz in the ground, nowadays 2/3 of the crowd don't get to their seats ( seating is another issue for me) until 10 to 3. 

Then we get the totally overhyped, over loud, inane rantings from a DJ cheerleader who seems to think I need him to tell me who we are playing, what day it is, and that I'm actually at Ashton Gate, it's annoying bollox and I hate it!!.

Perhaps my timing for my hatred for all this hype has coincided with LJ being our manager, ( It could possibly be the case, I just don't know ) but last season, I found the football we played as uninspiring as the rest of my AG football experience, and got to the stage where after 40 years I just couldn't get excited about watching City.

So, I started to get my football fix from watching non league games, Western League, Somerset senior league etc, and found I wasn't missing Ashton Gate at all. I usually watch these games while listening to the City commentary, it's perfect for me. 

A few quid to get in, ( or free) have a pint while watching, stand up for 90 mins wherever I want to, and actually feel I'm watching a football match rather than an overhyped event!. 

City will always be my club, but £25-30 to get in, trying to support players on 15k a week, players who I don't feel I've any affinity with anymore is something I've now realised is just not for me. 

Saying all this, I'm looking forward to watching tonight's game ( tv for me though) and let's hope we can pick up 3 points.

Archived