IGNORED

How do you know when you've been Happy-Clapped?

Just thought I'd submit a brief guide to the signs and symptoms of having been "Happy-Clapped".

Here goes:-

- do anything other than praise LJ, and say results are not his responsibility, and you notice an increase in 'hostility' (this may take the form of snake and rubbish notifications);

- similarly, you might find yourself referenced as either a 'troll' or a gas-head - both highly mature and considered opinions;

- attacks usually come from random posters, with short membership of OTIB, and few posts; these folk are often considered 'keyboard warriors' - members of numerous forums, and spend their time venting anger on anyone with a different opinion to their own (as they cannot all be members of the Johnson extended family);

- the right to an opinion is ALWAYS, and without fail, dismissed by the Happy Clapper e.g. the infamous 'opinions are like arseholes' quote. What would a forum be without opinions? At the same time they boldly state their own opinion.

- attacks often come at random, and without justification, typically from behind, and intended to insult of cause immediate pain e.g. across the back of the legs. Rest assured the pain passes very quickly.

This is just a quick guide, but I hope it helps any victims of this phenomena.

:thumbsup:

tfj  :protest:

Happy clappers by default "know it all" and everyone else is "naive", or "uneducated" or "lacks intelligence". They are like remain campaigners post Brexit. Scowling and critical of the ones who are being critical. Oh the irony! Anyway, one thing they have wrong is that non believers get off on City failing. This isn't true by any means. All proper fans want City to do well. Some are just sick and tired of being fed the same product every year in more fancy packaging.

There is certainly two elements on the forum and neither side do themselves any favours.

The club "can do no wrong" lot are extremely boring as of course questions need to be asked at times with the bizarre statements and acts which come out of the club.

But the " can do no right brigade"  don't help themselves with the constant nit picking of everything and the I know something you don't know crap.

I like to think I'm with the majority of users and are somewhere in the middle enjoying the childish ranting of both side which at times can be very entertaining.

28 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Gonna need a new rod at this rate TFJ. Veals doing some great deals on course and sea rods atm.

:robbored::robbored::robbored:

Oooooowwww.

Ouch.

Stop flicking me with your towel - it really stings.

Stop it you bully.

:P

tfj  :laughcont:

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Happy clappers by default "know it all" and everyone else is "naive", or "uneducated" or "lacks intelligence". They are like remain campaigners post Brexit. Scowling and critical of the ones who are being critical. Oh the irony! Anyway, one thing they have wrong is that non believers get off on City failing. This isn't true by any means. All proper fans want City to do well. Some are just sick and tired of being fed the same product every year in more fancy packaging.

As I said just now, we cannot keep changing coaches just for the sake of it, there is improvement, but you and yours seem to take delight with our failings and despair with successes just to improve your agenda...It is a typical City trait, I know, we are very self demeaning lot, but perhaps a bit of arrogance and swagger might not go amiss, that's what I want to see on the pitch, and we can all help by not continually demeaning the manager and actually get behind the team. Other clubs seem to be able to do it, perhaps that's why we are continually falling short?  

2 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

As I said just now, we cannot keep changing coaches just for the sake of it, there is improvement, but you and yours seem to take delight with our failings and despair with successes just to improve your agenda...It is a typical City trait, I know, we are very self demeaning lot, but perhaps a bit of arrogance and swagger might not go amiss, that's what I want to see on the pitch, and we can all help by not continually demeaning the manager and actually get behind the team. Other clubs seem to be able to do it, perhaps that's why we are continually falling short?  

'Changing coaches for the sake of it'??

The departure of a coach (heaven forbid in Happy-Clappy Kingdom), usually follows a bad run of results.

An example?

Let me think .................

............... I remember e.g. worst losing run in history?

Only poor results should dictate a change.

Lets wait until we get some, and then keep the manager anyway - just because he is besty-mates with the owner.

Fine - if that is how BCFC is to be run.

tfj

4 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Just thought I'd submit a brief guide to the signs and symptoms of having been "Happy-Clapped".

- do anything other than praise LJ, and say results are not his responsibility, and you notice an increase in 'hostility' (this may take the form of snake and rubbish notifications);

- similarly, you might find yourself referenced as either a 'troll' or a gas-head - both highly mature and considered opinions;

- attacks usually come from random posters, with short membership of OTIB, and few posts; these folk are often considered 'keyboard warriors' - members of numerous forums, and spend their time venting anger on anyone with a different opinion to their own (as they cannot all be members of the Johnson extended family);

- the right to an opinion is ALWAYS, and without fail, dismissed by the Happy Clapper e.g. the infamous 'opinions are like arseholes' quote. What would a forum be without opinions? At the same time they boldly state their own opinion.

- attacks often come at random, and without justification, typically from behind, and intended to insult of cause immediate pain e.g. across the back of the legs. Rest assured the pain passes very quickly.

I think the general conclusion is that this isn't very funny.  It has all the hallmarks of the disliked schoolboy trying desperately hard to be funny so as to become popular, but failing dismally.

You are clearly not a Bristol City supporter, so I don't know what you're doing on this forum.  Surely your energy (and you do seem to have a lot of it) could be better employed elsewhere?

I do admire your constant ability to be knocked down and get up again though.

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

I'm not calling for Johnson's head. I posted a negative view and got pounced upon by a few telling me that I had an agenda, that I was naive etc etc. I have been involved in football for 40 years and have managed successfully at a local level, so I know a bit of what I am talking about. 

I certainly don't "take delight" as you put it in our failures, but I am certainly pissed off about it. 

I also applaud the successes like last night. Can't speak for everyone and there are some who simply put comments on to start a war and then back away (usually trolls or Sad Sags).

Any proper fan would want City to do well. Sticking with a manager won't necessarily bring success. You could stick with Steve McClaren, Bryan Robson, Stuart Pearce etc but it ain't going to bring you success. 

I was Johnson Out last year but we stayed up so I am happy to give him a chance and I will see where we are by November / December before passing judgement.

In the meantime though if we play crap then I will moan and if we play great I will praise.

Last night although great wasn't 3 points towards survival. However, it was a good platform to blood youngsters which was the right thing to do and boy did some of them step up to the plate!

There is great work going on at the Academy. McCoulsky was a menace against Leeds last night too. Plenty to be optimistic about long term with or without LJ at the helm.

4 hours ago, BoneyardTIM said:

There is certainly two elements on the forum and neither side do themselves any favours.

The club "can do no wrong" lot are extremely boring as of course questions need to be asked at times with the bizarre statements and acts which come out of the club.

But the " can do no right brigade"  don't help themselves with the constant nit picking of everything and the I know something you don't know crap.

I like to think I'm with the majority of users and are somewhere in the middle enjoying the childish ranting of both side which at times can be very entertaining.

There are two opinions, and the vast majority are very capable of adding to a reasoned debate. Sadly there is a small majority, for which Taxi for Johnson seems to be the worse who are in my opinion either wnd up merchants or gasheads . In his case i think it is the latter.

As to entertainment , if your reading this taxi, your one consolation is that when you are old enough for sex you will not need to worry about the cost of contraception, your personality will take care of that

10 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

:shutup:

6 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

There are two opinions, and the vast majority are very capable of adding to a reasoned debate. Sadly there is a small majority, for which Taxi for Johnson seems to be the worse who are in my opinion either wnd up merchants or gasheads . In his case i think it is the latter.

As to entertainment , if your reading this taxi, your one consolation is that when you are old enough for sex you will not need to worry about the cost of contraception, your personality will take care of that

small majority? Do you mean small minority?

It's the boxing up of posters I find tedious; 'Haters', 'Happy Clappers', 'camps' an all that terminology.

As a very, very simple overview I want LJ to succeed, will give praise when we perform well or win and give stick when we are piss-poor and should be doing better.

I disapprove, generally, of SL's approach to the running of the club but will and do give him affirmation for the things he gets right.  

As simplistic as I have made that, I believe I am in a majority group in that respect.

The human condition seems to drive people to categorise ourselves into very rigid groupings.   I believe this is in order to try to make sense of exceedingly complex matter that otherwise addles us.  A state we simply can't handle.  What do you mean you don't want LJ in or out? errrr???? Internal mental meltdown at such an inexplicable position!  What do you mean you don't fit into one of the boxes I can so comfortably place you?

Inhibition lowered and being physically removed from each other, the divisions are much more overtly expressed online.

As for TFJ, I generally take no notice although admit he can amuse me at times.

7 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

It's the boxing up of posters I find tedious; 'Haters', 'Happy Clappers', 'camps' an all that terminology.

As a very, very simple overview I want LJ to succeed, will give praise when we perform well or win and give stick when we are piss-poor and should be doing better.

I disapprove, generally, of SL's approach to the running of the club but will and do give him affirmation for the things he gets right.  

As simplistic as I have made that, I believe I am in a majority group in that respect.

The human condition seems to drive people to categorise ourselves into very rigid groupings.   I believe this is in order to try to make sense of exceedingly complex matter that otherwise addles us.  A state we simply can't handle.  What do you mean you don't want LJ in or out? errrr???? Internal mental meltdown at such an inexplicable position!  What do you mean you don't fit into one of the boxes I can so comfortably place you?

Inhibition lowered and being physically removed from each other, the divisions are much more overtly expressed online.

As for TFJ, I generally take no notice although admit he can amuse me at times.

Sometimes it feels like City and Rovers fans arguing. Both feel victimised and believe that the other side is deluded!

Without differing opinions this site would be as boring as GasChat, with any differing view leading to a thread removal or the end of thread after about 3 responses.

It would be great if the childish points scoring could be dropped and reasoned debate prevail.

Telling someone that they are not allowed to have an opinion "because" isn't the way forward either.

A better way would be to offer your own views constructively and with good reasoning to back it up and you never know some people's views may change?

Some good debating on here too when you wade through the crap.

Archived