IGNORED

Jonathan Kisolokele Leko - (season long loan)

Milan djurichimovic

1 hour ago, RedRoss said:

No disrespect to the OP for sharing but I don't think this will happen. 

I doubt LJ would casually drop his next transfer target whilst having a few with a randomer in Brown's. 

Sorry Red but you're very much mistaken. I had to stop going to Brown's as it was getting embarrassing, LJ just couldn't help himself telling me about all the signings he was going to make. "How are you?" He'd ask, "I'm good thanks Lee, a little hungry after a long day" I'd  reply.  "Oh, famished then?" He'd quip, quickly followed by "that's funny, as I'm looking at a Sengalese international who plays for Angers, and his first name is Famara" and so it would go on.......

46 minutes ago, JustinCider said:

Sorry Red but you're very much mistaken. I had to stop going to Brown's as it was getting embarrassing, LJ just couldn't help himself telling me about all the signings he was going to make. "How are you?" He'd ask, "I'm good thanks Lee, a little hungry after a long day" I'd  reply.  "Oh, famished then?" He'd quip, quickly followed by "that's funny, as I'm looking at a Sengalese international who plays for Angers, and his first name is Famara" and so it would go on.......

So what did Lee say to you about a potential loan signing from the Midlands when you bumped into him in the toy shop looking for plastic Danish building blocks?

LJ was out in Park Street on Saturday night and spoke a number of fans.  He was actually very open in a lot of what he said.

Whether he talked about Leko to this chap I don't know, but he was certainly open to talk about anything (and was also apologetic for the performance v Millwall.

4 hours ago, RedRoss said:

No disrespect to the OP for sharing but I don't think this will happen. 

I doubt LJ would casually drop his next transfer target whilst having a few with a randomer in Brown's. 

Maybe he was doing it on purpose to see how far the story would go - if it goes on here then it'll end up in the Post a day later, and so on.

On 23/08/2017 at 23:09, Harry said:

LJ was out in Park Street on Saturday night and spoke a number of fans.  He was actually very open in a lot of what he said.

Whether he talked about Leko to this chap I don't know, but he was certainly open to talk about anything (and was also apologetic for the performance v Millwall.

He defiantly did tell my mate he was intrested in leko as he didn't have a clue who he was just a second name so I googled it and he came up, and he Dosnt really no much about up and coming West Brom player who don't start on a regular basis so he wouldn't no him from match of the day

Jonathan Leko could be the player to watch for West Brom next season – given the opportunity.

The winger has shown in flashes in the first-team previously that he has plenty of ability, even with his tender years.

That talent was on show again in the trip to Hong Kong this summer; accompanied by many other starlets, winger Leko stood out with bursts of pace and tricky feet.

It has many supporters excited by the prospect of first-team football for Leko at Albion, who have long since desired to have a youngster make the grade in the senior set-up.

Well, since Saido Berahino, anyway.

Yet like Berahino previously, there’s the chance that a loan deal may be on the cards for the forthcoming season ForTony Pulis couldn’t rule out the potential of a move into the Football League in order to gain useful experience, particularly if he landed the targets he wanted in the window.

“I’m disappointed I’ve not been able to [play the youngsters more after achieving safety],” Pulis said in May.

“Why? I think the chairman would say £4m worth why.

That could add to helping us bring players in for next year.

“The kids who have not played this year, if we get players in, will definitely be out on loan and gaining some experience.”

Leko is one of a cluster of young players who offer plenty of promise for the long-term future

Sam Field, Kane Wilson and Tyler Roberts have also tasted first-team football while Rekeem Harper is making waves too. But their age shouldn’t be a deterrant – as the old adage goes, if you’re good enough then you’re old enough.

Leko, still only 18, has provided glimpses in the past that he is capable of making the step up.

His full debut against West Ham had many questioning how far the Congo-born teen could go.West Bromwich Albion's Jonathan Leko (left) and Manchester City's Sergio AgueroWest Bromwich Albion's Jonathan Leko (left) and Manchester City's Sergio Aguero

In that instance, as far as the by-line on a number of occasions, making light work of a very talented left-back in Aaron Cresswell.

His wonderful solo dribble eventually teed up Salomon Rondon in the 1-1 draw with Liverpool on the final game of the season and in many ways the end of that campaign perhaps came at the wrong time for Leko, just as he was making his mark.

The wide-man’s best moment in the recently ended season was perhaps his last-gasp assist from a corner as Rondon equalised at Stoke.

It hasn’t all been plain sailing, though; his loss of possession to Andros Townsend (albeit in his own half) in the defeat to Crystal Palace last season sealed the Baggies’ defeat that day. 

Birmingham Mail App

There have been instances where naivety has been evident.

On the whole, though, Leko has produced moments that have seen The Hawthorns collectively rise from their seats.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-feature-jonathan-leko-13420630

Archived