IGNORED

City game in Rome...

Mr Popodopolous

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In Rome on Friday.

There for a few day holiday with mates. If we see City we see City, hope so anyway- erm anyone know where might be useful for it?

2 pubs near the Santa Maria Maggiore Papal Church, about 5 min walk away from the Colosseum. Both Irish pubs, both called 'The Druids Den'. One of them actually had City stickers behind the bar. Both have all English sports channel, Sky Sports etc.

Give 'em a quick look on TripAdvisor. Nice little pubs in a nice part of town. I watched U21s England v Germany when I was in there.

57 minutes ago, SARJ said:

2 pubs near the Santa Maria Maggiore Papal Church, about 5 min walk away from the Colosseum. Both Irish pubs, both called 'The Druids Den'. One of them actually had City stickers behind the bar. Both have all English sports channel, Sky Sports etc.

Give 'em a quick look on TripAdvisor. Nice little pubs in a nice part of town. I watched U21s England v Germany when I was in there.

Cheers.

Will have a good look before I go. Handy location also! Both called 'The Druids Den' eh? Possibly a mini chain. Sounds good anyway!

Remember watching City vs Hull playoff final back in the day in Rome, my other half at the time wasn't too happy! Needless to say, i wasn't that enamoured with the result.

Small bar just off a side street right in the middle of Roma, where the policeman directs traffic in his little plinth! I'll look up the name....

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Cheers.

Will have a good look before I go. Handy location also! Both called 'The Druids Den' eh? Possibly a mini chain. Sounds good anyway!

Yeah mate a mini chain. Only 2 of them as far as I'm aware. Both decorated the same etc. One is down a quaint little side street, very nice like a cavern. Quite small but popular with Brits and locals alike. The other is far bigger and more sports bar like with screens inside and outside.

On a separate note the Church in the middle is outstandingly beautiful, well worth a look inside.

15 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In Rome on Friday.

There for a few day holiday with mates. If we see City we see City, hope so anyway- erm anyone know where might be useful for it?

Scholars Lounge Irish Pub, Via del Plebiscito 101B, 00186 Rome. Tel. +39 06 6920 2208

http://www.scholarsloungerome.com/

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187791-d1530208-Reviews-Scholars_Lounge_Irish_Pub-Rome_Lazio.html

The wife says that there was a nice looking English pub near the Trevi Fountain when we went (7 years ago mind). We never went in as we were trying to stick to non English places to eat/drink. There was also a large Spar quite close if that helps with locating it.

Whether or not it's still there, and whether or not they show Sky Sports I don't know. Probably not a hugely helpful response in hindsight but, you never know....

4 minutes ago, Taz said:

The wife says that there was a nice looking English pub near the Trevi Fountain when we went (7 years ago mind). We never went in as we were trying to stick to non English places to eat/drink. There was also a large Spar quite close if that helps with locating it.

Whether or not it's still there, and whether or not they show Sky Sports I don't know. Probably not a hugely helpful response in hindsight but, you never know....

The Albert?

2 hours ago, Redtucks said:

That's two votes for Scholars! :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Gotta be a Roman Villa around there surely?

(if not, I dont want to ruin it for you, but you can catch the Pompeii vs The Gas match on Saturday) 

Just out of interest, I understand Pompeii got a 10 year ban in about 62AD, after a riot between locals and away fans. It was a gladiatorial contest, obviously, not football. They beat Millwall to it by about 1850 years. Plus ca change and all that.

This is factual by the way, for anyone who was looking for a punchline.

Cheers for all the suggestions guys.

Sadly how it panned out, we quite hungry so unlikely we will see game, however was heartened to check into online report a few mins back and judging by that we're holding our own?

Let's hope for a good display and more importantly a win tonight. Not impossible could catch last 20 mins but would need quick service etc.

Archived