IGNORED

Can we sell it out ?

shelts

No I don't think it will sell out. But 10 and 5 pound a ticket will guarantee a decent crowd. Stoke are an established premiership side . And will be excellent chance for our younger players to showcase their abilities at Ashton gate. Also could have a chance of being on tv . Looking forward to this 

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

No I don't think it will sell out. But 10 and 5 pound a ticket will guarantee a decent crowd. Stoke are an established premiership side . And will be excellent chance for our younger players to showcase their abilities at Ashton gate. Also could have a chance of being on tv . Looking forward to this 

Leicester v Liverpool and West Brom v Man City absoulty no chance sky will pick our gam

24 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Actually you might be right. I was thinking back to wba game 2 seasons ago and how packed it was. But not sure if the Lansdown stand was up then. 

Was that the west brom game where it was bloody freezing?!

44 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Actually you might be right. I was thinking back to wba game 2 seasons ago and how packed it was. But not sure if the Lansdown stand was up then. 

Don't know about anyone else but I was surrounded by rugby fans shouting 'come on bristol' - no thanks

but yes, the lansdown was not open for this game, forever bristol members all got cheap tickets

Ticket price are crucial here. I'd expect more than the Hull game but as pointed out it will depend on league form . Maybe this time LJ will put out his strongest team as some fans will be once bitten twice shy.  Stoke are well beatable and we have a decent chance to keep the cup run going 

5 minutes ago, shelts said:

Ticket price are crucial here. I'd expect more than the Hull game but as pointed out it will depend on league form . Maybe this time LJ will put out his strongest team as some fans will be once bitten twice shy.  Stoke are well beatable and we have a decent chance to keep the cup run going 

I imagine LJ will go with a similar side to that who beat Watford on tuesday night. Those players got us to the third round so imo they deserve to play in the third round. 

You can win as a football manager, if we play are so called stronger side and lose it'll be why did we not blood the hungry, energetic youngsters and vice versa if we field a so called weakened team. 

That side on tuesday night had the perfect balance of experience & youth for a cup tie.. roll on Stoke in the third round. 

5 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

I imagine LJ will go with a similar side to that who beat Watford on tuesday night. Those players got us to the third round so imo they deserve to play in the third round. 

Agreed, although we will be without Flint who will have been sold by then. He will be there though, watching his new team play his old team. You heard it here first Ha ha.

At full price the crowd will be 10,500 with 750 from Stoke, if there is attractive pricing then I can see a crowd in excess of 15,000 with 1,500 from Stoke. Stoke are an established Premier League team now with some quality players so it will be a real test for us. I'm looking forward to it as we will be the underdogs and the pressure on them to progress.

42 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Surely it'll be less than we got for Hull, given the number of people who saw their arse at that one and said they'd never go to a cup tie again? 

.. and I'm.one of them. Would need a lot of convincing after last year's Hull experience. IIRC the bad run started after that. Can understand why the big Prem clubs put out weak sides, but it's a good chance to get a long way in a major comp for us.

Just a thought, isn't it Stoke who give their fans free away travel? So they might travel for this game even if they have to pay as it's not like they are shelling out every other week for travel and can't afford it, or they might miss it if they can't get their subsidised travel like usual. Or I might have this totally wrong, I'm used to that so be gentle in letting me down ha ha

Last round Soke were at home and beat Rochdale 4-0. They charged them adults £15, concessions £10 and u17 £5. I can't see them agreeing to us charging anything less. I thought this was expensive compared to Watford being £10/£1 plus £1 fee on each ticket.

Archived