IGNORED

Fair result.

Robbored

4 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

We were solid if not creative enough in the final third. Resulted to looking for 40 yard passes over the top after Villa went to 4-4-2. First touch let us down a bit tonight. Overall though we are looking stronger than last season which is progress.

Agreed. Promising tonight. Good contest. 

9 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

We were solid if not creative enough in the final third. Resulted to looking for 40 yard passes over the top after Villa went to 4-4-2. First touch let us down a bit tonight. Overall though we are looking stronger than last season which is progress.

Agree with all of that.

Not sure what to feel about our start overall. On the one hand we have played 7 games, won 3, drawn 3 and lost only one.

On the other we have drawn 3 and lost one of our last 4 league games.

Hopefully we can get something out of our next 4 that all look tough. Things that still need working on, but 'um, ok'  sums up my mood at the moment.

8 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Agree with all of that.

Not sure what to feel about our start overall. On the one hand we have played 7 games, won 3, drawn 3 and lost only one.

On the other we have drawn 3 and lost one of our last 4 league games.

Hopefully we can get something out of our next 4 that all look tough. Things that still need working on, but 'um, ok'  sums up my mood at the moment.

I think it's been a decent start but I hope we can get a win soon. With a tough run coming up we're already 4 league games without a win and if that number creeps up confidence gets challenged..... 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Overall neither team deserved to win or lose despite Villa's equaliser coming from a wicked deflection.

Both teams huffed and puffed but neither created many chances.

Paterson MoM for me. He must have been knackered to be subbed.

Have to agree. We are really lacking someone upfront who can dominate who could make their presence felt around the box. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Overall neither team deserved to win or lose despite Villa's equaliser coming from a wicked deflection.

Patersons fault for the goal. If he had closed down , he would of got to the ball first when it broke. 

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I thought we mixed our attacks up well in the second half.

We played a bit in front of their 2x banks of 4, and that allowed them to squeeze and frustrate, but in response we almost got Reid and Diedhiou in behind a few times.  Reid was unlucky that neither Terry or Johnstone fouled him on one occasion on the corner of the penalty area.

Our passing was 'considered' / 'purposeful' rather than hopeful, and that was encouraging.

Our passing was often in the 20-40 yard zone, whereas in the past it's been 40-halfway Line, and not really going anywhere.  Our movement was good.  We worked Pisano forward a lot.  His crossing was a bit disappointing tonight, but he was unlucky with his chip / cross / shot.

I really enjoyed our performance tonight.

Really enjoyed the game. A good contest and a fair result between two evenly matched teams both wanting to win - a view echoed by the Villa fans I was chatting to walking back to the car. As others have said, the atmosphere was terrific with a lot more people than I`ve seen before joining in around us in the SS (S21) - it certainly has made a welcome difference with the Atyeo lot joining us in there.

Last season I reckon we would have lost that game 2 or 3 -1 so good progress as well.

All in all a very enjoyable evening at AG.

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

Am I unwell? Agreeing with Robbo? I think it's a first.

But not in total agreement. Our back five were the Men of the Match.

If you had to pick one team to win, it would have been City based on a slight edge in overall performance. Appeared to have much more control and seemed to be very well drilled. 

However, probably didn't create enough clear cut chances against a very good defence. So a draw probably fair. 

Was very happy how we went about our business last night though. 

On 25/08/2017 at 23:55, Davefevs said:

I thought we mixed our attacks up well in the second half.

We played a bit in front of their 2x banks of 4, and that allowed them to squeeze and frustrate, but in response we almost got Reid and Diedhiou in behind a few times.  Reid was unlucky that neither Terry or Johnstone fouled him on one occasion on the corner of the penalty area.

Our passing was 'considered' / 'purposeful' rather than hopeful, and that was encouraging.

Our passing was often in the 20-40 yard zone, whereas in the past it's been 40-halfway Line, and not really going anywhere.  Our movement was good.  We worked Pisano forward a lot.  His crossing was a bit disappointing tonight, but he was unlucky with his chip / cross / shot.

I really enjoyed our performance tonight.

There were a lot of positives. We are heading in the right direction. It's just not quite clicking yet, bust a few more victories and a bit of confidence will help.

Fair result against mega bucks Villa. As the team gels hopefully understanding will improve and that may turn draws like this to wins.

As to last week I note that rubbish team Millwall who we were supposed to walk all over thrashed Norwich 4-0

Need more games to see where we really are

Archived