IGNORED

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Bristol Rob

I think he'll end up on the wing sharing time with Salah and Mane. They're in champions league this year so will need the squad to have a bit more quality plus Mane isn't always fit. Centrally he's got a lot to compete against even if Couthino were to leave. I'm sure Klopp will get more out of him and spending 35m on a player in the last year of his contract and giving him a 5 year deal, Klopp will be making space for him. 

10 hours ago, Shtanley said:

If we're playing with wingbacks he's the clear choice for me. Although centrally the jury is still out.

As part of a 2 at Arsenal, or part of a 3 at Liverpool?  I think that was a big factor.  Will give Liverpool a different dimension to the Henderson / Wijnaldum / Can threesome.  Can has come on a lot in the last 6 months, and I've reviewed my thoughts on him.  Henderson has plateaued a bit (possibly through injuries).  Oxlade in a three will be able to break the lines, and that is what Liverpool need in those games where it's tight.

Lets not forget that when he broke onto the scene, he looked to biz, but Wenger (imho) has stifled him over the past few years.  I hope Klopp can get him back on that upward curve.

Good signing....probably £10m too much for a guy with less than a year to go.

5 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think he'll end up on the wing sharing time with Salah and Mane. They're in champions league this year so will need the squad to have a bit more quality plus Mane isn't always fit. Centrally he's got a lot to compete against even if Couthino were to leave. I'm sure Klopp will get more out of him and spending 35m on a player in the last year of his contract and giving him a 5 year deal, Klopp will be making space for him. 

I see him being the perm 4 from 3 of the central midfielders....see above.

A very physical player, more of a complete athlete than technical footballer. So often you see him just get the ball and drive forward rather than consider his options. 14 assists in 135 prem appearances speaks volumes. You rarely if ever see him produce a defence splitting pass, or a piece of genius. The high, box-to-box energy will please Klopp but for me ne will be nothing more, especially in the long term, than a versatile fringe player, exactly what he was at Arsenal.

12 hours ago, Shtanley said:

If we're playing with wingbacks he's the clear choice for me. Although centrally the jury is still out.

He doesn't want to play wing back and this the reason he turned down Chelsea 

Seeshimself as a central midfielder (I don't at all - widemidfield or part of a Three for me)

Archived