IGNORED

Malta v England

Red Army 75

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Well it's a qualifier. Not exciting but with no football for the mighty reds . This is as exciting as it gets . 

Don't get me wrong I'm going to watch (assuming I can find a stream). Just not the most exciting fixture + you see the team sheet and there is nothing to get excited about. 

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Well it's a qualifier. Not exciting but with no football for the mighty reds . This is as exciting as it gets . 

3 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

Not really - technically we need a win to maintain top spot but Malta have played 6 Lost 6 GD -13.  So we really should be playing some players to see how they get on. Especially in GK position.

Cheers. I guess that demonstrates my interest in the England set up. 

I can honestly say I'd rather watch a conference game - so many average players in that line up. And don't start me on Joe Hart. 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Cheers. I guess that demonstrates my interest in the England set up. 

I can honestly say I'd rather watch a conference game - so many average players in that line up. And don't start me on Joe Hart. 

It's a shame fordy. I agree. Use to love watching England during the 80,s and 90,s . 

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Butland should be starting, Hart's had no pressure on him at international level and needs a kick up the arse if he's to be in contention for the shirt come the end of the season. 

Agree but I think GS is the kind of manager who will stick with even when it doesn't make sense. Reputation will play a big part in his picks.

1 minute ago, RichardEdd said:

Agree but I think GS is the kind of manager who will stick with even when it doesn't make sense. Reputation will play a big part in his picks.

You could see when he was asked about whether he was always picking Hart he almost said yes but caught himself.

12 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Would of started Butland . And Livermore well . We really are scraping the barrel . Quite a few city over there tonight 

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

Butland should be starting, Hart's had no pressure on him at international level and needs a kick up the arse if he's to be in contention for the shirt come the end of the season. England fans got through the anthem a bit quickly there :laugh:

Would agree but apparently he had a bit of a mare against WBA just before International break with lots of handling errors and poor distribution - so may have cost him

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Would agree but apparently he had a bit of a mare against WBA just before International break with lots of handling errors and poor distribution - so may have cost him

I think even if he wants Hart as No.1 we need to play GK's in some competitive matches rather than just chucking them into a friendly just before a tournament starts.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thing is Bob Malta would of been a good game for him to play in . JH really impressed me . But his career has stalled in the last couple of seasons. 

4 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

I think even if he wants Hart as No.1 we need to play GK's in some competitive matches rather than just chucking them into a friendly just before a tournament starts.

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Thing is Bob Malta would of been a good game for him to play in . JH really impressed me . But his career has stalled in the last couple of seasons. 

Agree with you both - was just explaining what they were saying today that he may have had a poor performance at wrong time (Though I'm not convinced Southgate would have left Hart out anyway !)

Archived