IGNORED

XFactor

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Anyone watching it?

Nope. Good. I'd rather pull my eyeballs out and play ping pong with them. 

More shite than a love child of Tony Dinning and Martyn Woolford.

Totally agree Peg but sadly millions do watch the bollocks.

Not in our house I am proud to say though - Mrs RRH watches Strictly but that`s it.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Not in our house I am proud to say though - Mrs RRH watches Strictly but that`s it.

Even that's gone down the pan without Brucie...

Makes you realise how much a presenter brings to a show...

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Don't watch either but isn't strictly just celebrities(who isn't a celebrity nowadays) dancing,at least the other bilge like X factor and Britains got talent get normal folk with a sad story to tell,strange that nobody has a normal good upbringing nowadays.

7 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Don't watch either but isn't strictly just celebrities(who isn't a celebrity nowadays) dancing,at least the other bilge like X factor and Britains got talent get normal folk with a sad story to tell,strange that nobody has a normal good upbringing nowadays.

They do all seem to have `been on a journey` don`t they? Lowest common denominator TV at it`s worst along with all that jungle bollocks and all the rest of it. It`s one of the reasons I`ve got Sky if I`m honest - at least you can usually find something decent to watch even if it is just an old episode of Fawlty Towers or Father Ted.

The lack of discerment is embarrassing; I sometimes feel like I was born into the wrong species.  

A worryingly large proportion of people seem content to feed off any old crap ITV can think up.  

Additionally, Big Brother and Jeremy Kyle are modern day freak shows but the rest are little better.  It's abuse and exploitation on a grand scheme.  The producers are sinister bastards.

I watched the Matrix last night for the very first time.  It is a superb film.

59 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

The lack of discerment is embarrassing; I sometimes feel like I was born into the wrong species.  

A worryingly large proportion of people seem content to feed off any old crap ITV can think up.  

Additionally, Big Brother and Jeremy Kyle are modern day freak shows but the rest are little better.  It's abuse and exploitation on a grand scheme.  The producers are sinister bastards.

I watched the Matrix last night for the very first time.  It is a superb film.

I agree entirely - it`s the modern equivalent of going to Bedlam to look at the lunatics.

The Matrix is great, one of my favourite movies - I enjoyed the second one too but the third not so much.

12 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Well, I`m watching a documentary on Sky Arts about the making of Tommy. Some terrific old footage and interviews.

I did the same RRH. Great insight into Pete Townsend's mind. Never appreciated what a deep thinker he is. Very talented guy.

I know Tommy is a rock opera and that was the point of the programme but I'd love hear him talk about the brilliant Quadraphenia album. 

That album is in my top 5 best ever. 

To support Pegs op - I've never ever watched X factor. All types of talent shows hold zero interest to me. They're all tacky and naff imv.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I did the same RRH. Great insight into Pete Townsend's mind. Never appreciated what a deep thinker he is. Very talented guy.

I know Tommy is a rock opera and that was the point of the programme but I'd love hear him talk about the brilliant Quadraphenia album. 

That album is in my top 5 best ever.

And with a lot of inner demons which writing Tommy helped him to deal with.

There is a similar documentary out there about Quadrophenia which does just that and it is very good. You just have to keep an eye out - Sky Arts is a very underrated channel and always worth looking at to see what`s on - one of the good things is, if you miss something or come to it late it`s normally on two or three times over a couple of days so you can catch it again. I`ve seen some excellent stuff on there.

They didn`t do this last night but often they will follow a documentary like last night`s with the film itself too.

12 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Well, I`m watching a documentary on Sky Arts about the making of Tommy. Some terrific old footage and interviews.

Yep watched that too. 

To quote Derek Trotter, I don't care what they say, you can't whack The Who. 

22 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

And with a lot of inner demons which writing Tommy helped him to deal with.

There is a similar documentary out there about Quadrophenia which does just that and it is very good. You just have to keep an eye out - Sky Arts is a very underrated channel and always worth looking at to see what`s on - one of the good things is, if you miss something or come to it late it`s normally on two or three times over a couple of days so you can catch it again. I`ve seen some excellent stuff on there.

They didn`t do this last night but often they will follow a documentary like last night`s with the film itself too.

I do watch Sky Arts from time to time  if I find something I'm interested in when I scroll through on my Sky Box. That's how I saw that Tommy was under the spot light last night,

As you say it was Townsend's own catharsis expressed through his own wonderful talent. What a talent!

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Was there ever a song The Who did live that they didn`t throw the kitchen sink at?

Great to see Keith at his manic best too.

Absolutely. Moonie was madder than a box of frogs. 

Fantastic band live and as you say, gave it everything. Their version of Summertime Blues on Live At Leeds is brilliant. 

22 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Absolutely. Moonie was madder than a box of frogs. 

Fantastic band live and as you say, gave it everything. Their version of Summertime Blues on Live At Leeds is brilliant. 

They were brilliant and Live at Leeds is one of the best live albums of them all.  That and Thin Lizzy live.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Was there ever a song The Who did live that they didn`t throw the kitchen sink at?

Great to see Keith at his manic best too.

Yet to find a drummer than can emulate Keith Moon for enthusiasm. Absolutely the nuts.

Dave Grohl of Nirvana or Joey Jordison of Slipknot might have given him a run for his money though.

On 02/09/2017 at 20:47, Septic Peg said:

Anyone watching it?

Nope. Good. I'd rather pull my eyeballs out and play ping pong with them. 

More shite than a love child of Tony Dinning and Martyn Woolford.

I'd rather stick rusty tent pegs into my knackers, and hook 'em up to the National Grid

Archived