IGNORED

Amazon

Big Red Rich

So I've been given a £50 Amazon voucher but everything on there seems so expensive. For example, all the decent brands appear to be cheaper buying direct from their own website.

So can any experienced Amazon users tell me what it is good for? What should I do to get the best value from my £50?

5 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

So I've been given a £50 Amazon voucher but everything on there seems so expensive. For example, all the decent brands appear to be cheaper buying direct from their own website.

So can any experienced Amazon users tell me what it is good for? What should I do to get the best value from my £50?

GIN.

15 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

That's strange Rich. I've used Amazon many times over the years because it is cheaper than other outlets. 

I recently bought two brand polo shirts that were around £15 each cheaper than I could find anywhere else.

30 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

Thanks for that guys, so next question: how do i find the bargains?

Essentially the entire Amazon site is a bargain!

Decide what you want to buy - a brand shirt for example - look up on the Adidas, Fred Perry or whatever site and then do the same on Amazon.

I did exactly that just now and the Polo shirts I looked at were between £15 and £25 cheaper on Amazon.

1 hour ago, Big Red Rich said:

If you still have a problem I'll give you £10 for the voucher

Amazon's an adventurous place to be but watch out for the kinda guy as seen below.  

The Phillobates Terribbilis or Golden Poison frog.  The most dangerous creature of the Amazon and the most dangerous frog in the world, apparently.  Your £50 won't help you there.

IMG_0806.JPG

I know it's a long time to wait, but I guess the vouchers don't have an expiry date but in November Amazon usually have a Black Friday sale with some good deals. I've also seen people say about 'open box' deals, I'm guessing these are returns but at bargain prices, also warehouse clearances, end of line. I've not had any experience of either. Having said that I have noticed a couple of weeks before this event many prices are at the peak, so when reduced may not be such a bargain as you think. The website https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com tracks Amazon prices, just put the item in an you can seen if your item is a bargain or not. You can also see suggested bargains of day etc.

I recently bought a printer from Amazon with a voucher I had through a phone contract, a couple of quid dearer than somewhere else but I was happy to do so as I could then use the money I would have had to spend on my printer for something else, it feels like a free printer to me as I was spending a voucher, female logic maybe but if you were given a voucher it's free money!

On 05/09/2017 at 07:49, Big Red Rich said:

If you go on Amazon & have a look at 'Today's deals', there can be some bargains to be had there.

Archived