IGNORED

Reading - Jaap's eye view

Major Isewater

29 minutes ago, phantom said:

We've had many decent results over the years at the Madejski - that report was written days ago so not really that informative

I can think of a 2.0 win Adebola and Skuse which was a great day with over 4K fans. Also the 3.1 with Thorpe, Matthews and Peacock. Can't think of any others so not a great record at all. 

2 hours ago, tinman85 said:

I can think of a 2.0 win Adebola and Skuse which was a great day with over 4K fans. Also the 3.1 with Thorpe, Matthews and Peacock. Can't think of any others so not a great record at all. 

I remember a very late winner for them (I think it had gone 5 O'Clock) the day Lavin was sent off ? I remember Michael Gilles getting a late winner when at Elm Park, I remember them cheating for a penalty last season, I remember Jason Roberts cheating for a penalty for another late winner, all in all not too many good memories of Reading away

1 hour ago, harrys said:

I remember a very late winner for them (I think it had gone 5 O'Clock) the day Lavin was sent off ? I remember Michael Gilles getting a late winner when at Elm Park, I remember them cheating for a penalty last season, I remember Jason Roberts cheating for a penalty for another late winner, all in all not too many good memories of Reading away

There was another game where Reading missed two pens and we still lose. The pen they got last season was the worst diver ever! 

We generally lose there don't we?

The two major ones I recall as not being the case- talking at Madjeski as I don't remember any games we had at Elm Park- were 2-0 under GJ in 09 and 3-1 there under Wilson. Matthews scored in the latter am sure.

Also one I was definitely at that I remember- 3-2 loss there in 01. Could tell it was part of the new wave of football as unlike AG at that time, smoking was not permitted there and there was some randomer further down the stand who I clocked being converged on by a steward as there seemed to be small puffs of smoke emanating from under his jacket. :laughcont:

27 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

There was another game where Reading missed two pens and we still lose. The pen they got last season was the worst diver ever! 

Not even mentioning 2 homes when we were 2-0 up against them with 15 minutes remaining and managing to lose them both 3-2, a true jinx of a club

34 minutes ago, harrys said:

Not even mentioning 2 homes when we were 2-0 up against them with 15 minutes remaining and managing to lose them both 3-2, a true jinx of a club

Worst thing is the music they play when they score. And all their fans clap after sitting in silent. Almost as bad as Glad All Over at Selhurst Dump. 

Archived