IGNORED

Prem Transfer Window To Close Before Season Start

Nomad

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You pretty much said what I would've.

I do think there has been a slight shift away from player power, not huge, but a bit...and you are right that if a manager sets his squad up for the start of the season, unless he has stockpiled, it's gonna take an exaggerated offer to sell a player.

People worried about the time between end of World Cup and start of season.

- Rule 1 don't buy a player based on his performance at a summer tournanent

- Rule 2 don't buy a player based on his performance at a summer tournanent

I would like to see some rework of the loan rules.  

- No 'in-division' loans unless full terms of player's contract are fulfilled, e.g. None of this paying 50% of wages.

- shorter loans possible, e.g. One month, 3 months, but a limit on the amount at any one time, and a limit overall, possibly a limit on the total months worth of loans, e.g. 24 months, so you can have 2 players on full season, or 8 on 3 months, or something like that.

I`ve said it many times Dave, the simplest way to sort out the loan system is to just have no restrictions on players under 23 and keep the rest as it is now.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, like the u23 thing :clap:

It`s just such a simple solution. If we have a young player we want to loan out, send him to a league 2 club and he tears it up we ought to be able to recall him and send him to a league 1 side if we want - with suitable compo or another player perhaps to the league 2 club - to see if he can step up. There should be no limit to the number of clubs U23s are allowed to play for or the number of times they could be loaned out in a season. It would be win-win for everyone - the player gets proper game time in men`s football, the lower club gets a player that they wouldn`t normally be able to afford and our player gets valuable experience.

It would also allow us to recall a player if we felt the loaning club weren`t treating him properly - if they changed manager for instance and the new bloke didn`t fancy him.

It would also mean that we don`t need to keep players at the club `just in case` and sticking them in the U23s.

It just works on so many levels. I fear for the many talented youngsters that will just drift out of the game due to the stupid way the rules are currently structured.

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

So the whole season's transfer activity would take place in the time between the end of one season and the start of the next , eight weeks , more or less . 

It would be bedlam. 

Agreed.

Would be surprised if it happened tbh, as you say would be too little time for all. On the other hand, and this is a small argument in favour but overall I'm not a fan of it, it would really be a test of managerial abilities. To work with what players they have a lot more, as opposed to buying way out of trouble- would certainly put some of the big boys on the spot too.

36 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agreed.

Would be surprised if it happened tbh, as you say would be too little time for all. On the other hand, and this is a small argument in favour but overall I'm not a fan of it, it would really be a test of managerial abilities. To work with what players they have a lot more, as opposed to buying way out of trouble- would certainly put some of the big boys on the spot too.

I think the ' big boys ' will be alright Mr P. , as always it will be the ' have nots ' and the ' wannabes ' that get shafted.

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I think the ' big boys ' will be alright Mr P. , as always it will be the ' have nots ' and the ' wannabes ' that get shafted.

In most cases Major yes.

It would be fascinating though to see a big team say 4 places off the top 4, unable to buy their way out of issues and their coach- new or current- have to manage, manoeuvre rather than spend their way out of the more.

Archived